Last Updated 9 months ago.Andy McNab is a former SAS operator and you write about what you know…
Who is Nick Stone?
Main protagonist in the Andy McNab written series, Nick Stone is an ex-member of British Army regiment the SAS.
After a difficult youth, Nick Stone signed up to the Army, and was eventually being recruited into the SAS. Troubling events and violent public deaths pushed him out of the British Army, but not out of the spy life. Now, he keeps on going, working as a kind of mercenary.
Nick Stone Books in Order:
- Remote Control – After his mission is suddenly terminated in Washington, D.C., British Intelligence agent Nick Stone decides to visit an old colleague, Kev Brown. But when Stone arrives at his friend’s eerily quiet suburban home, he discovers a chilling scene of carnage. Every member of the Brown family has been brutally slaughtered except one: seven-year-old Kelly Brown. Stone grabs the girl and runs–with anonymous assassins in hot pursuit.
- Crisis Four – He was ordered to track down a rogue colleague. Now British Intelligence agent Nick Stone and “runner” (and former lover) Sarah Greenwood have become the hunted, racing deeper into a dark, deadly conspiracy that will change the course of world events – and the lives of millions.
- Firewall – Desperate for money, Nick Stone undertakes a job to kidnap a money-laundering mob boss from Helsinki and deliver him to St. Petersburg, only to find himself plunged into a deadly Russian scheme to steal Western military secrets and becomes caught between the ruthless Russians and the machinations of British and American intelligence.
- Last Light – Nick Stone has just aborted an officially sanctioned assassination attempt at the Houses of Parliament. Once he saw who his intended target was, he instinctively pulled out. Now Stone is in a world of trouble. His bosses have handed him a chilling ultimatum: fly to Panama and finish the job he just botched, or Kelly, the young orphan in his guardianship, will be killed.
- Liberation Day – In order to obtain American citizenship and the opportunity to live in the U.S. with the woman he loves, Nick Stone accepts one final mission from the CIA–to infiltrate a hostile republic, assassinate a money-laundering businessman, and bring his head back to the West.
- Dark Winter – Agent Nick Stone expects his latest mission to be a straightforward part of the fight against Osama Bin Laden’s network of terror. Despatched to Malaysia, all he needs to do is assassinate a suspicious biochemist. But there are complications. Not least the attractive woman he is working alongside.
- Deep Black – Nick Stone’s future has never looked as bleak. The only person he’s ever loved is dead. The only people who might give him a reason not to join her have turned their backs. Until a chance encounter with a man he saved ten years ago appears to throw him a lifeline…
- Aggressor – Ex-deniable operator Nick Stone seems to be living his dream, not a care in the world as he steers his camper van. But when he sees a news report of the massacre of women and children in a terrorist outrage the other side of the world, long-suppressed memories are triggered, and Nick knows he must risk everything to repay a longstanding debt of friendship.
- Recoil – Recuperating in Switzerland after a job that cost the life of one of his closest friends, ex-special forces soldier and deniable operator Nick Stone has only one thing on his mind: the girl who left his bed this morning without saying goodbye. And when she fails to reappear, Nick knows the honeymoon is over before it has even begun.
- Crossfire – Ex-deniable operator Nick Stone is bodyguarding a TV crew on the streets of war-torn Basra. He seems certain to die when insurgent gunmen attack. Only a reporter’s swift action saves his life. When the reporter vanishes within hours, presumed kidnapped, Stone is asked by the Intelligence Service to find him.
- Brute Force – A cargo ship is apprehended by the authorities off the coast of Spain, loaded to the gunwales with enough arms and ammunition to start a war. Twenty years later, an unknown aggressor seems intent on eradicating those responsible for the treachery, one by one. And Nick Stone is next on the killer’s list . . .
- Exit Wound – Three tons of Saddam Hussein’s gold sit in an unguarded warehouse in Dubai. For two of Nick Stone’s closest ex-SAS comrades, it was to have been the perfect, victimless crime. But when they’re double-crossed and the robbery goes devastatingly wrong, only Stone can identify his friends’ killer and track him down.
- Zero Hour – When the beautiful 20-year-old daughter of a Moldovan businessman goes missing from her university, British Intelligence are unusually interested in her safe return. They will do anything in their power to track her down. Only one man is skilled and ruthless enough for the job. But for the first time, Nick Stone doesn’t want to play ball…
- Dead Centre – The young son of a Russian oligarch is kidnapped. His father will pay anything, do anything, stop at nothing to get him back. Up to now, everything he has tried has failed. He needs the one man with the know-how, the means and the guts to complete the mission: ex-SAS trouble-shooter Nick Stone…
- Silencer – Nick Stone has always kept his job as ex-SAS trouble shooter at arms’ length from his home life. But when his son falls dangerously ill and the doctor who saves him comes under threat from an old adversary, it is no longer possible. Life just got very personal.
- For Valour – When a young trooper is shot in the head at the Regiment’s renowned Killing House, Nick Stone is perfectly qualified to investigate the mysterious circumstances more deeply. He combines an unrivalled understanding of the Special Forces landscape with a detachment that should allow him to remain in cover.
- Detonator – Ex-deniable operator Nick Stone has spent a lifetime in harm’s way – but when someone he cares for very deeply is murdered in cold blood, he can no longer just take the pain.
- Cold Blood – Thousands of miles away five ex-servicemen, badly wounded in Afghanistan, are preparing for a trek to the North Pole in an attempt to begin to rebuild their shattered bodies and minds. When Nick Stone is summoned as close protection for the trek by an old SAS officer, he accepts unthinkingly, desperate for the chance to escape his own misery.
- Line of Fire – Backed into a corner by a man he knows he cannot trust, ex-deniable operator Nick Stone strikes a devil’s bargain. In exchange for his own safety – a life for a life – Stone is charged with locating someone who doesn’t want to be found, currently hiding out in the one of the remotest corners of the UK. And for the first time in a long time, he’s not operating alone.