A Special Forces intelligence investigator in Boston.
What is the Nick Heller series about?
Written by American writer Joseph Finder, the Nick Heller books series follows a “private spy” who specializes in digging up secrets that powerful people would rather keep hidden.
In short, Nick Heller is a guy you don’t want to mess with. He’s also the man you call when you need a problem fixed.
How to read the Nick Heller Books in Order?
Every book in the Nick Heller series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other.
- Vanished – Lauren Heller and her husband, Roger, are out to dinner one night when they’re brutally attacked. Twenty-four hours later, Lauren awakes in the hospital to find that her husband has vanished without a trace. The only one who has any chance of finding him is his brother, Nick, a high-powered investigator with a private intelligence firm. Plunged headlong into a desperate chase, Nick begins making shocking discoveries about his brother’s life and must take on a powerful and deadly conspiracy that will stop at nothing to protect its secrets.
- Buried Secrets – Nick has returned to his old hometown of Boston to set up his own shop. There he’s urgently summoned by an old family friend. Hedge fund titan Marshall Marcus desperately needs Nick’s help. His teenage daughter, Alexandra, has just been kidnapped. If he’s going to find Alexandra, he has to flush out and confront some of the most deadly opponents ever…
- Plan B (Short story) – Nick Heller is in Barcelona, Spain on a rescue mission. The target: a walled compound with state-of-the-art security. The object: a teenage girl, held against her will. The plan: get in and rescue the girl and then get out — without tripping an alarm or alerting the army of guards. But even the best-designed plans can go wrong. This is why Nick Heller always has a Plan B.
- Good and Valuable Consideration: Jack Reacher vs. Nick Heller (short story from the anthology FaceOff written with Lee Child) – When Jack Reacher sits down to watch a baseball game at a Boston bar, he has no way of knowing what kind of trouble is about to walk in the door-and not just because he’s a Yankees fan in a Red Sox town. He is drawn, with Nick Heller, into a much less friendly rivalry when the guy sitting between them at the bar turns out to be a marked man.
- Guilty Minds – The chief justice of the Supreme Court is about to be defamed by a powerful gossip website. Their top reporter has written an exposé claiming that he had liaisons with an escort. Nick Heller is called to Washington, DC, to help out in this delicate, potentially explosive situation. He has just forty-eight hours to prove the story about the chief justice is baseless. But when the call girl is found murdered, the case takes an unexpected and dangerous turn.
- House on Fire – Nick Heller is at the top of his game when he receives some devastating news: his old army buddy Sean has died of an overdose. Then at Sean’s funeral, a stranger approaches Nick with a job, and maybe also a way for Nick to hold someone accountable. In a deadly game of chess that pits Nick against a family dynasty, against brothers and sisters with schemes of their own, Nick learns how far his enemy is willing to go to protect its name and its wealth.