Last Updated 1 week ago.A Vampire in the Family!
What is My Sister the Vampire series about?
Written by a Canadian author from Toronto named Sienna Mercer, My Sister the Vampire is an urban fantasy series for young readers.
The series is about Olivia Abbott who transfers to Franklin Grove Middle School where she discovers her long-lost identical twin, vampire Ivy Vega. The sisters are very different, one is a cheerleader, the other a goth girl, but nothing can separate them now!
My Sister the Vampire Books in Order:
- Switched – When Olivia Abbott moves to town, she’s excited to join the cheerleading team and make new friends. Then she meets Ivy Vega. At first, Ivy, pale and dressed all in black, looks like Olivia’s opposite. Then the girls look beyond the glittery pink blush and thick black eyeliner to discover they’re identical—identical twins! Olivia and Ivy are brimming with plans to switch places and pull every twin trick in the book. But Olivia soon discovers that she and Ivy aren’t exactly the same. Ivy’s a vampire. And she’s not the only one in town.
- Fangtastic! – Olivia is a vegetarian. Ivy is a vampire. And they’re twins?!? Ever since Olivia discovered that her long-lost twin sister, Ivy, is a vampire, she’s been soaking up everything Ivy will tell her about Franklin Grove’s vampire community. It’s all top secret, and Olivia’s sworn that she’ll never tell another soul. But now, nosy tabloid reporter Serena Star is snooping around. As she gets closer and closer to the truth, it’s up to Ivy and Olivia to throw her off track. This is one fangtastic news story that can’t get out!
- Re-Vamped! – The secret is out—cheerleader Olivia and vampire Ivy are twins! Now that Ivy and Olivia have told their friends that they’re twins, they have to come clean to their adoptive parents. But Ivy’s dad doesn’t even want to meet Olivia! When the vampire officials realize Olivia knows the truth about vampires, they demand that she pass three tests to prove she’s worthy of sharing the secret. Yikes! One thing’s for sure—if the sisters can get through this, they can get through anything.
- Vampalicious! – Ivy and Olivia can’t lose each other again! Even though twin sisters Ivy and Olivia, separated at birth, have only been reunited for a few months, they can’t imagine life without each other. But Mr. Vega has decided to move to Europe—and he’s taking Ivy with him! Oh, no! With Olivia’s cheerleader optimism and Ivy’s vampire craftiness, they’re determined to come up with a plan that will keep Ivy and her dad in Franklin Grove. But what?
- Take Two – Twin sisters Ivy and Olivia are definitely starstruck. Talented teen sensation Jackson Caufield is shooting a movie in town and everyone wants a glimpse at the star. Especially Olivia, whose had a longtime crush on him. Ivy determined to help her sister meet the adorable actor–and actually succeeds! But even as Olivia and Jackson really start to hit it off, Ivy begins to worry that there might be more to that pretty face than they bargained for…like fangs.
- Love Bites – Olivia’s really nervous because she’s meeting her vampire family for the first time—there’s a lot at stake. Plus it doesn’t help that she’ll be there for Valentine’s Day and her new boyfriend Jackson, the hot movie star, doesn’t seem bothered that he won’t be with her. But Ivy turns out to be the one who feels out of place, despite being surrounded by vampires!
- Lucky Break – Ivy and Olivia are super excited—their aunt on their mother’s side has invited them to stay at her ranch, to get to know them. But she’s not in on the vampire thing, and when Ivy scares off her favorite horse, Lucky, the girls have to find him—or risk blowing the coffin lid off the secret. Meanwhile the school is putting on a production of Romeo and Juliet—and the casting is not to Olivia’s liking.
- Star Style (aka The Bat Pack)- It’s the premiere of The Groves, the Hollywood film Olivia had a small part in as a goth. Jackson, her Hollywood heartthrob boyfriend, wanted to walk down the red carpet with her, but a fashion disaster makes that out of the question. And then a top Hollywood producer mistakes Ivy, in her goth gear, for Olivia. Meanwhile, the twins’ biological dad seems to be hanging around the film’s second director an awful lot.
- Twin Spins (aka Twin-Tastrophe) – When a Hollywood strike puts Olivia’s movie aspirations on hold, she distracts herself from thoughts of her long-distance actor boyfriend Jackson by throwing herself into the organization of the school dance. Little does she know, her twin Ivy is keeping a secret from her: she’s off to Wallachia Academy, the finishing school for vampires. When the surprise wedding announcement of Prince Alex and Tessa comes, the truth is out. But Olivia misunderstands. Ivy will just be gone for the summer, right? Wrong.
- Date with Destiny (aka Bite Night) – The twins are back in Transylvania for Prince Alex and Tessa’s wedding, and to settle Ivy into the Wallachia Academy. Plus they’ve landed the juicy job of reporting on the royals’ big day for VAMP magazine. Exciting! But Olivia’s pining for Jackson and, to make matters worse, wherever she turns she’s confronted with happy couples! She struggles to overcome her feelings until distraction comes in the form of an old feud that threatens to spoil the happy couple’s day.
- Flying Solo (aka Vampire School Dropout?) – Ivy’s settling into Wallachia Academy, but the school’s strict rules are a real pain in the neck. Back in Franklin Grove, Olivia’s begun dressing like Ivy—to get in to a vampire rock concert! It’s bound to cause a coffin-load of chaos.
- Stake Out! (aka Read It and Creep) – Ivy and Olivia are together again—and not a moment too soon. The whole vampire community is in a flap. Can the twins discover the identity of the mystery blogger who’s determined to expose Franklin Grove’s biggest secret? Hold on to your fangs, vamp fans. It’s time to go undercover!
- Double Disaster! – Olivia’s living it up in London on the set of her film, Eternal Sunset. But all she can think about is ex-boyfriend and co-star, Jackson. Meanwhile Ivy is in for a shock when she starts high school; suddenly the goths are the in-crowd! How will Ivy cope when she becomes instantly popular and her trademark death-squint loses its power to stop a bunny at 10 paces?
- Flipping Out! – The twins are adjusting to high school, but everything is still topsy turvy. Ivy’s flipping out about being the most popular girl in school. All she wants is some time to herself, but her band of superfans are clinging to her tighter than bats to a cave. Meanwhile, Olivia is on a matchmaking mission. But will Queen Goth Amelia and Skater Boy Finn be able to put aside their differences and realize they are head over heels for each other?
- Secrets and Spies – There’s always a lot of stuff to keep hidden in Franklin Grove (like, um, the fact that vampires exist), but suddenly everyone seems to have gone into secrecy overdrive! Ivy’s sure that new girl Maya is up to something, and it involves Ivy’s boyfriend, Brendan. Twin sister Olivia wants to help her get to the bottom of it, but first she has to work out what’s up with their stepmom. She’s behaving like a zombie—which is super weird for a vampire.
- Fashion Frightmare! – The Café Creative fashion show is just around the corner, and everyone who’s anyone is ready to strike a pose. Everyone except Ivy, that is. Modeling is her worst nightmare! Twin sister Olivia is there to lend a hand. But soon strutting down the catwalk is the least of their worries, when a priceless accessory goes missing. Is there a couture crook in Franklin Grove?
- Spooktacular! – Olivia Abbott is used to vampires. . . after all, her twin sister Ivy is one! But she’s never believed in ghosts. That all changes at the Café Creative Halloween party, when Olivia meets a beautiful girl who’s dressed in a strange red gown and behaving super spookily! Ivy isn’t convinced. . . until she learns the legend of the tragic Calhoun sisters, who died over 100 years ago. Could Franklin Grove be haunted? One thing’s for certain—the twins are in for their spookiest Halloween ever!
- Fangs for the Memories – Things are great for Olivia Abbott and her boyfriend Jackson, except for the huge secret she’s been keeping from him—there are vampires in Franklin Grove and Olivia’s twin sister Ivy is one! Olivia knows she must tell the truth, but the vampire officials say Jackson must pass three trials to be trusted. As Olivia knows, these tests are bloodcurlingly difficult! Will Jackson prove himself worthy or is this the final nail in the coffin?