All of Michael Robotham’s books in order!
Who is Michael Robotham?
Michael Robotham is an award-winning crime fiction writer from Australia who used to be a reporter and features writer and editor before starting doing ghostwriting, collaborating on fifteen autobiographies.
After that, he tried his hand at writing his own fiction novels and quickly found success with the Joseph O’Loughlin series about a psychologist helping on an official murder investigations. He also wrote standalone novels and, in 2019, launched the Cyrus Haven series.
How to read Michael Robotham’s Books in Order?
The Joseph O’Loughlin Series
Joseph O’Loughlin, 42, is a psychologist. He had every reason to be joyful until his life took an unexpected turn when he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. The cops then requested his assistance. That’s when he begins working with Vincent Ruiz, a tough-talking, hard-drinking homicide detective. To know more about the Joseph O’Loughlin stories, take a look at our article dedicated to the series.
- The Suspect (2004)
- Lost (2005, aka The Drowning Man)
- Shatter (2008)
- Bleed For Me (2010)
- The Wreckage (2011)
- Say You’re Sorry (2012)
- Watching You (2013)
- Close Your Eyes (2015)
- The Other Wife (2018) – Childhood sweethearts William and Mary have been married for sixty years. William is a celebrated surgeon, Mary a devoted wife. Both have a strong sense of right and wrong. This is what their son, Joe O’Loughlin, has always believed. But when Joe is summoned to the hospital with news that his father has been brutally attacked, his world is turned upside down.
The Cyrus Haven Series
- Good Girl, Bad Girl (2019) – A girl is discovered hiding in a secret room in the aftermath of a terrible crime. Half-starved and filthy, she won’t tell anyone her name, or her age, or where she came from. Maybe she is twelve, maybe fifteen. She doesn’t appear in any missing persons file, and her DNA can’t be matched to an identity. Six years later, still unidentified, she is living in a secure children’s home with a new name, Evie Cormac. When she initiates a court case demanding the right to be released as an adult, forensic psychologist Cyrus Haven must determine if Evie is ready to go free.
- When She Was Good (2020) – Evie Cormac was found at a murder scene six years ago, hiding in a secret room. She has never revealed her real name, why she was in that house, or what she saw. Forensic psychologist Cyrus Haven wants to help the traumatised teenager. He thinks unravelling Evie’s secrets will free her from the past. But he has no idea what he’s about to unleash . . .
- Lying Beside You (2022) – Cyrus is called to a crime scene in Nottingham. A man is dead and his daughter, Maya, is missing. Then a second woman is abducted. The only witness is Evie Cormac, a troubled teenager with an incredible gift: she can tell when you are lying. Both missing women have dark secrets that Cyrus must unravel to find them – and he and Evie know better than anybody how the past can come back to haunt you . . .
Other Novels by Michael Robotham
- The Night Ferry (2007) – Alisha Barba’s dreams of being a detective were shattered when a murder suspect broke her back across a brick wall. Now on her feet again, with her police career in limbo, she receives a message from an old school friend, Cate Beaumont, who is eight months pregnant and in trouble.
- Bombproof (2008) – Sami Macbeth is not a master criminal. He’s not even a minor one. He’s not a jewel thief. He’s not a safe-cracker. He’s not an expert in explosives. Sami plays guitar and wants to be a rock god but keeps getting side-tracked by unforeseen circumstances. Fifty-four hours ago Sami was released from prison. Thirty-six hours ago he slept with the woman of his dreams at the Savoy. An hour ago his train blew up. Now he’s carrying a rucksack through London’s West End and has turned himself into the most-wanted terrorist in the country.
- Life or Death (2014) – Why would a man serving a long prison sentence escape the day before he’s due to be released? Audie Palmer has spent ten years in a Texas prison after pleading guilty to a robbery in which four people died and seven million dollars went missing. During that time he has suffered repeated beatings, stabbings, and threats by inmates and guards, all desperate to answer the same question: where’s the money? On the day before Audie is due to be released, he suddenly vanishes. Now everybody is searching for him.
- The Secrets She Keeps (2017) – Meghan doesn’t know Agatha, but Agatha knows Meghan. And the one thing Agatha looks forward to each day is catching a glimpse of her. Meghan has it all: two adorable children, a handsome and successful husband, a happy marriage, a beautiful house, and a popular parenting blog that Agatha reads with devotion. Yet if Agatha could look beyond the gloss and trappings of Meghan’s “perfect life,” she’d see Meghan has her secrets too. Soon the lives of these two women will collide in the most spellbinding and intimate of ways.
- When You Are Mine (2021) – Philomena McCarthy is a young, ambitious police office with the elite Metropolitan Police in London. When she responds to a domestic violence call, she finds the victim, Tempe Brown, trying to protect her abuser, a married man named Darren Goodall, a decorated Scotland Yard detective afraid of no one. As Philomena pursues the case against him, she not only encounters resistance from her police force colleagues but also becomes dangerously entangled with the victim-who is not at all whom she appears to be-much to the increasing endangerment of herself and Henry, her fiancée.
If you like Michael Robotham’s books, you may also want to see our Tony Hill and Carol Jordan reading order, or the DCI Lorimer reading order. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.