Bigger and deadlier than a great white shark.
What is the MEG series about?
From American science-fiction author Steve Alten, the MEG series is about a famous fictional underwater killer: the Megalodon.
The story resolves around a deep-sea diver and paleontologist Jonas Taylor who discovers a species long thought extinct, the prehistoric predators known as Carcharodon megalodon, the massive mother of the great white shark. When he crosses paths with a pregnant Megaladon, Taylor knows that no one is going to be safe.
MEG Books in Order:
- Meg: Origins (E-Book prequel published in 2011) – Commander Jonas Taylor is tasked with piloting the US Navy’s most advanced submersible, the DSV Sea Cliff, to the bottom of Challenger Deep — 36,000 feet below the surface — into what is very much an undiscovered country. What he finds there — a remnant population of luminous, prehistoric Megalodons — will change the course of the rest of his life.
- Meg: A Novel of Deep Terror – Seven years ago, and seven miles below the surface of the Pacific Ocean, Dr. Jonas Taylor encountered something that changed the course of his life. Once a Navy deep-sea submersible pilot, now a marine paleontologist, Taylor is convinced that a remnant population of Carcharodon megalodon—prehistoric sharks growing up to 70 feet long, that subsisted on whales—lurks at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. When offered the opportunity to return to those crushing depths in search of the Megs, Taylor leaps at the chance…
- Meg, Angel of Death: Survival (novella published in 2020) – the stories focus on Angel, the Megalodon pup that was captured at the end of book one.
- The Trench – On the other side of the world, in the silent depths of the ocean, lies the Marianas Trench, where the Megalodon has spawned since the dawn of time. Paleobiologist Jonas Taylor once dared to enter this perilous cavern. He alone faced a Megalodon shark and cut its heart out. Now, as the body count rises and the horror of a monster’s attack grips the California coast, Jonas must begin the hunt again, and return to the waking nightmare of… The Trench.
- Meg: Primal Waters – A Hollywood television producer wants Jonah to join his new survival series: Daredevils. For the next six weeks, two teams of crazy daredevils on a South Pacific Ocean voyage on-board a replica of a Spanish Galleon will try to outperform one another in front of the cameras.
Jonas needs the money, and the job seems easy enough-doing color commentary. But behind the scenes, someone else is pulling the strings. And before it’s over, Jonas, Terry, and Mac will again come face to face with the most dangerous creatures ever to stalk the Earth.
- Meg: Hell’s Aquarium – The Tanaka Institute’s captive Megalodon, Angel, has birthed a litter of pups. Two—Mary Kate and Ashley—are destined for a home in a massive new attraction being built in Dubai, but only if Jonas’ son David agrees to serve as their trainer. And why wouldn’t he? For the brash young 20 year-old, it’s an opportunity to strike out on his own and prove himself, applying the knowledge he’s gained working alongside his father. Once in Dubai, however, the job proves very different from what was described back home.
- Meg: Nightstalkers – Bela and Lizzy, the dominant Megalodon siblings from Angel’s brood, have escaped the Tanaka Institute to roam the Salish Sea in British Columbia. While Jonas Taylor and his friend Mac attempt to either recapture or kill the “sisters,” Jonas’s son, David, embarks on his own adventure, motivated by revenge.
- Meg: Generations – The Liopleurodon offspring has been moved to a holding tank aboard the Dubai-Land transport ship, Tonga for its journey to the Middle East. While the Crown Prince’s investors gawk at the creature, below deck in the tanker’s hold, another captured beast is awakened from its drug-induced state and goes on a rampage. The vessel sinks, the Lio escapes.
- Meg: Purgatory – coming soon.