Set in the world of the Outlander series.
Who is Lord John Grey?
Also written by Diana Gabaldon, The Lord John Grey series is a mix of historical fiction spinning of the Outlander novels.
At the beginning, Lord John Grey was a recurring secondary character, a young English soldier who became a Lord. Secretly homosexual, he lived a complex life full of adventures. His stories take place between 1756 and 1761, during the events of Voyager, the third book in the Outlander series.
Lord John Grey Books in Order:
- Lord John and the Hellfire Club – Novella collected in Lord John and the Hand of Devils about Lord John Grey searching for the man who killed a recent acquaintance of his.
- Lord John and the Private Matter – When Lord John sees something shocking in his London club and start investigating that occurrence.
- Lord John and the Succubus – Novella collected in Lord John and the Hand of Devils about Lord John Grey who is drawn into investigating a series of mysterious deaths among the encamped German and English soldiers in the town of Gundwitz during the Seven Years’ War.
- Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade – Set during the Seven Years War, Lord John Grey pursues a deadly family secret and a clandestine love affair against an eighteenth-century background of politics, treason, and battle.
- Lord John and the Haunted Soldier – Novella collected in Lord John and the Hand of Devils about Lord Grey searching for an explanation about the abrupt death of Lieutenant Philip Lister after taking command of the cannon crew.
- The Custom of the Army – Novella collected in Seven Stones to Stand or Fall about Lord John Grey finding himself playing a crucial role in the Battle of Quebec.
- The Scottish Prisoner – Lord John Grey finds himself in possession of a packet of explosive documents that exposes a damning case of corruption against a British officer. But they also hint at a more insidious danger. Time is of the essence as the investigation leads to Ireland, with a baffling message left in ‘Erse,’ the tongue favored by Scottish Highlanders.
- A Plague of Zombies – Novella collected in Seven Stones to Stand or Fall about Lord John Grey posted to Jamaica to assist the governor as he faces a most unusual kind of uprising among the colony’s slave population.
- Besieged – Novella collected in Seven Stones to Stand or Fall about Lord Grey intends to rescue his mother during the Siege of Havana.