Some southern mysteries…
Who is Liz Talbot?
Written by Susan M. Boyer, this series is about a woman private investigator working in South Carolina where her family is living.
More precisely, the series is about PI Liz Talbot who is described as a modern Southern belle as she blesses hearts and takes names. She also carries her handgun in her Kate Spade handbag, and her golden retriever rides shotgun in her hybrid Escape.
And now, she’s back in Charleston to solve crimes!
How to read the Liz Talbot Books in Order?
Every book in the Liz Talbot series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other.
- Lowcountry Boil – When her grandmother is murdered, PI Liz Talbot high-tails it back to her South Carolina island home to find the killer. But when her police-chief brother shuts her out of the investigation, she opens her own. Then her long-dead best friend pops in and things really get complicated.
- Lowcountry Bombshell – Liz Talbot thinks she’s seen another ghost when she meets Calista McQueen. She’s the spitting image of Marilyn Monroe. Born precisely fifty years after the ill-fated star, Calista’s life has eerily mirrored the late starlet’s-and she fears the looming anniversary of Marilyn’s death will also be hers. Before Liz can open a case file, Calista’s life coach is executed…
- Lowcountry Boneyard – Where is Kent Heyward? The 23-year-old heiress from one of Charleston’s oldest families vanished a month ago. When her father hires private investigator Liz Talbot, Liz suspects the most difficult part of her job will be convincing the patriarch his daughter tired of his overbearing nature and left town. That’s what the Charleston Police Department believes. But behind the garden walls South of Broad, family secrets pop up like weeds in the azaleas.
- Lowcountry Bordello – The Charleston streets are dressed for the holidays in sophisticated Southern style: topiaries adorned with red ribbons, garland entwined with white lights, and poinsettias potted in gold planters. The high-class bordello in a stately historic home is certainly no exception. When Private Investigator Liz Talbot’s dear friend, Olivia, swears she saw a dead body in the parlor of this bordello, one Olivia accidentally co-owns, Liz promptly comes to her aid.
- Lowcountry Book Club – Somebody pushed Shelby Poinsett out her second-floor library window, and it wasn’t her husband. At least that’s what Charleston’s most prestigious law firm wants Liz Talbot to prove. Liz must run the spectrum of Southern society, from the local homeless shelter where Shelby volunteered to the 100-year-old book club where Charleston’s genteel ladies are dying to join, to bring a killer to justice.
- Lowcountry Bonfire – Private investigators Liz Talbot and Nate Andrews have worked their share of domestic cases. So when Tammy Sue Lyerly hires them to find out what her husband is hiding, they expect to find something looney but harmless. After all, this is the guy who claims to have been a DEA agent, a champion bull rider, and a NASCAR driver. But when he turns up dead the morning after Liz and Nate deliver incriminating photos, Tammy Sue becomes the prime suspect.
- Lowcountry Bookshop – Between an epic downpour and a King Tide, the historic streets of Charleston are flooded – and dangerous. A late night tragic accident along the Lower Battery leads Liz Talbot straight to her next case. Who’s the client? Well, now, therein lies the first puzzle. When the police arrive at the scene of the accident, Poppy Oliver claims she’s only trying to help. But the dent on the front of her Subaru and the victim’s injuries provoke a certain Charleston police detective’s suspicious nature.
- Lowcountry Boomerang – Private investigators Liz Talbot and Nate Andrews are all set to enjoy some quality time on the beach. That’s until they get the news about Darius. Darius DeAndre Baker, star of the hit TV show, Main Street USA, has had enough of the Hollywood highlife. After ten years of visiting everyone else’s hometown, he returns to his own-Stella Maris, South Carolina.
- Lowcountry Boondoggle – Private investigators Liz Talbot and Nate Andrews thought they’d put Darius Baker’s troubles to rest-then his recently discovered son ropes him into a hemp farm investment with his college buddies. When a beloved Charleston professor-and potential investor-is murdered, Liz and Nate discover Darius keeps the PIs on speed dial.
- Lowcountry Boughs of Holly – It’s the most wonderful time of the year, but Private Investigator Liz Talbot is struggling to feel festive. She hasn’t seen her best friend, Colleen, in weeks and fears she may never see her again in this life. Meanwhile, Nate, Liz’s husband and partner, is spending money like he prints it in the attic on a mysterious family Christmas celebration. Liz’s nerves are shot, and she hasn’t even decked a single hall. But there’s simply no time to fret.
- Postcards From Stella Maris – Five Liz Talbot Short Stories including “Eviction,” “Hogwash” (originally published in Spinetingler Magazine), “Highlights and Hot Lead” (originally published in The Petigru Review), and “Everything is Relative.”
- Lowcountry Getaway – Christmas in the Islands…Nate Andrews whisked the entire Talbot clan off for a holiday adventure in the U.S. Virgin Islands. As they relax on the beach of sunny St. John, Liz Talbot grapples with the secret her husband has kept since the day she met him-he’s a very wealthy man. Will all that money change everything?
If you like our article about the Liz Talbot series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!