Last Updated 2 months ago.All of the books!
Who is Liane Moriarty?
After working as a marketing manager of a legal publishing company and as an advertising copywriter, Liane Moriarty went back to school and started writing her first novel.
Since then, the Australian author published a lot more and some of those books became #1 New York Times Bestseller and big American TV Shows, like Big Little Lies (on HBO) and now Nine Perfect Strangers (on Hulu). Now, she’s still writing and more books are coming.
Liane Moriarty Books in Order:
- Three Wishes (2004) – Lyn, Cat, and Gemma Kettle, beautiful 33-year-old triplets, seem to attract attention everywhere they go. Together, laughter, drama, and mayhem follow them, but apart, each is dealing with her own share of ups and downs. Lyn has organized her life into one big checklist, Cat has just learned a startling secret about her marriage, and Gemma, who bolts every time a relationship hits the six-month mark, holds out hope for lasting love.
- The Last Anniversary (2006) – Connie Thrum of Scribbly Gum Island is the chief decision-maker of a rather unconventional family and her word is law. It’s been over 70 years since Connie and her sister Rose visited their neighbours and found the kettle boiling and a baby waking for her feed, but no sign of her parents. The ‘Munro Baby Mystery’ still hasn’t been solved and tourists can visit the abandoned home, exactly as it was found in 1932. But now Connie has passed away and the island residents ponder her legacy.
- What Alice Forgot (2009) – Alice Love is twenty-nine, crazy about her husband, and pregnant with her first child. So imagine Alice’s surprise when she comes to on the floor of a gym and is whisked off to the hospital where she discovers the honeymoon is truly over—she’s getting divorced, she has three kids, and she’s actually 39 years old. Alice must reconstruct the events of a lost decade, and find out whether it’s possible to reconstruct her life at the same time.
- The Hypnotist’s Love Story (2011) – Ellen O’Farrell is a professional hypnotherapist who works out of the eccentric beachfront home she inherited from her grandparents. It’s a nice life, except for her tumultuous relationship history. She’s stoic about it, but at this point, Ellen wouldn’t mind a lasting one. When she meets Patrick, she’s optimistic. He’s attractive, single, employed, and best of all, he seems to like her back. Then comes that dreaded moment: He thinks they should have a talk.
- The Husband’s Secret (2013) – Imagine your husband wrote you a letter, to be opened after his death. Imagine, too, that the letter contains his deepest, darkest secret—something with the potential to destroy not only the life you built together, but the lives of others as well. And then imagine that you stumble across that letter while your husband is still very much alive…
- Big Little Lies (2014) – Madeline is a force to be reckoned with. She’s funny, biting, and passionate; she remembers everything and forgives no one. Celeste is the kind of beautiful woman who makes the world stop and stare but she is paying a price for the illusion of perfection. New to town, single mom Jane is so young that another mother mistakes her for a nanny. She comes with a mysterious past and a sadness beyond her years. These three women are at different crossroads, but they will all wind up in the same shocking place.
- Truly Madly Guilty (2016) – Sam and Clementine have a wonderful, albeit, busy life: they have two little girls, Sam has just started a new dream job and Clementine, a cellist, is busy preparing for the audition of a lifetime. If there’s anything they can count on, it’s each other. But theirs is a complicated relationship, so when Erika mentions a last minute invitation to a barbecue with her neighbors, Tiffany and Vid, Clementine and Sam don’t hesitate. Two months later, it won’t stop raining, and Clementine and Sam can’t stop asking themselves the question: What if we hadn’t gone?
- Nine Perfect Strangers (2018) – Nine people gather at a remote health resort. Some are here to lose weight, some are here to get a reboot on life, some are here for reasons they can’t even admit to themselves. Amidst all of the luxury and pampering, the mindfulness and meditation, they know these ten days might involve some real work. But none of them could imagine just how challenging the next ten days are going to be.
- Apples Never Fall (2021) – The Delaneys are fixtures in their community. The parents, Stan and Joy. But after fifty years of marriage, they’ve finally sold their famed tennis academy and are ready to start what should be the golden years of their lives. So why are Stan and Joy so miserable? One night a stranger named Savannah knocks on Stan and Joy’s door, bleeding after a fight with her boyfriend. The Delaneys are more than happy to give her the small kindness she sorely needs. If only that was all she wanted.
The Space Brigade series (also known as Nicola Berry: Earthling Ambassador):
- The Petrifying Problem with Princess Petronella – Nicola Berry’s life is turned upside down the day a man from another planet comes to Earth on a strange mission. He’s looking for somebody to travel back to his home planet and convince their stuck-up princess not to turn Earth into her planet’s giant garbage dump. When Nicola is chosen as the Earthling Ambassador, she’s not sure that she’s up to the task. Can Nicola and her friends save the planet in time? Or will the nasty Princess Petronella cover Earth in a galactic ton of garbage?
- The Shocking Trouble on the Planet of Shobble – Nicola Berry and her friends have barely caught their breath from their last trip to space when they are called on another intergalactic adventure! This time, they’re on their way to Shobble, a beautiful snowy rainbow planet where nothing bad ever happens–or so they say. It turns out there is trouble brewing beneath this glittery exterior, and Nicola is put in a tough position. Should she risk defying the planet’s dangerous commander-in-chief to help the people of Shobble? Leading the Space Brigade is no easy task!
- The Wicked War on the Planet of Whimsy – Nicola and her friends’ whirlwind tour of the galaxy isn’t about to stop! The Space Brigade’s third adventure takes them to a strange pair of planets that couldn’t be more different. On one side is a planet covered in volcanoes. On the other side, a beautiful place full of daydreamy poets. Nicola and the Space Brigade find themselves caught in the middle of a war between the two, and must find a way to make peace before it’s too late!
If you like Liane Moriarty’s books, you may also want to see our guide to Lisa Jewell’s series or our guide to Kristin Hannah’s books. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.