Love and friendship in the Catskills.
What is the Lakeshore Chronicles series about?
Lakeshore Chronicles is a romance series written by Susan Wiggs. The books explore the many facets of love and friendship, taking place in the Catskills, in a little town where family ties clash with family secrets and love is not that far away if you really look.
Summer Camp Kioga is located in Avalon, right beside Willow Lake, where families would come for the summer before it was turned into a summer camp for kids and the characters have some tie to the camp.
Each book tells a complete tale about different characters, but still, with links to the community, you can read them in any order or you can read them in chronological order (and also following the Daisy Bellamy storyline).
How to read the Lakeshore Chronicles Books in Order?
- Summer At Willow Lake – After breaking up with her fiancée, Olivia Bellamy reluctantly trades a trendy Manhattan summer for her family’s old resort camp in the Catskills to renovate the bungalow colony for her grandparents. Camp Kioga brings back old memories of her summers as a teenager, when she was still discovering her passions. The camp is now in disarray, and to her chagrin Olivia is forced to hire contractor Connor Davis-a still-smoldering flame from her own summers at camp. But as the days grow warm, not even the inviting blue waters of Willow Lake can cool the passions flaring or keep shocking secrets at bay. The nostalgic joy of summers past breathes new promise into a special place and people…a promise meant to last long after the season ends.
- Homecoming Season – short story published in More Than Words: Stories of Courage.
- The Winter Lodge – On the longest night of the year, Jenny Majesky loses everything in a devastating house fire. But among the ashes she finds an unusual treasure hidden amid her grandfather’s belongings, one that starts her on a search for the truth, and on a path toward a life that she never imagined. The Winter Lodge, a remote cabin owned by her half sister on the shores of Willow Lake, becomes a safe refuge for Jenny, where she and local police chief Rourke McKnight try to sort out the mysteries revealed by the fire.
- Dockside – With her daughter grown and flown, Nina Romano is ready to embark on a new adventure. She’s waited a long time for dating, travel and chasing dreams. But just as she’s beginning to enjoy being on her own, she finds herself falling for Greg Bellamy, owner of the charming Inn at Willow Lake and a single father with two kids of his own. Greg lost his first marriage to a demanding career. Now he’s determined to make a new start before it’s too late. Juggling work, raising his young son, and helping his nearly grown daughter face life’s ultimate challenge, he has no time to fall in love. Still, with Nina Romano, love feels just right this time around.
- Snowfall at Willow Lake – International lawyer Sophie Bellamy has dedicated her life to helping people in war-torn countries. But when she survives a hostage situation, she remembers what matters most: the children she loves back home. Haunted by regrets, she returns to the idyllic Catskills village of Avalon on the shores of Willow Lake, determined to repair the bonds with her family. There, Sophie discovers the surprising rewards of small-town life – including an unexpected passion for Noah Shepherd, the local veterinarian. Noah has a healing touch for anything with four legs, but he’s never had any luck with women – until Sophie.
- Fireside – Baseball hopeful Bo Crutcher is about to get his shot at the majors. That is, until life throws him a curveball. When AJ, the son he’s never met, lands on his doorstep, Bo’s life becomes forever changed. He quickly learns that he’ll need all the help he can get. When Kimberly van Dorn was hired to smooth Bo’s rough exterior for the media, she expected the kind of shallow pro athlete she’s used to handling. But Bo is willing to sacrifice everything for his vulnerable son. Over a breathtaking winter on frozen Willow Lake, she realizes she still has much to learn about putting love first.
- Lakeshore Christmas – Maureen Davenport finally gets to direct Avalon’s annual holiday pageant, and she’s determined to make it truly spectacular. But former child star Eddie Haven is turning out to be a tattooed lump of coal in her stocking. Eddie can’t stand Christmas, but a judge’s court order has landed him right in the middle of the merrymaking. He and Maureen spar over every detail of the pagaeant, from casting troubled kids to Eddie’s original-and distinctly untraditional-music.Is he sabotaging the performance to spite her, or is she forcing the show into her storybook-perfect notion of Christmas? And is it possible that they’re falling in love?
- The Summer Hideaway – Private nurse Claire Turner has always lived by the motto, ‘Never get attached’. Fleeing a treacherous past that could catch up with her any day, she finds solace in the anonymity of a big city. Going to a small resort in Avalon, so Claire’s elderly patient can be reconciled with his family, is exactly the kind of thing Claire usually avoids. But meeting her boss’s charming grandson, Ross Bellamy, makes Claire reconsider her life. Maybe here, in the enchantment of Willow Lake, she can find a love that will finally be worth not running away from.
- Marrying Daisy Bellamy – Daisy Bellamy has struggled for years to choose between two men-one honorable and steady, one wild and untethered. And then, one fateful day, the decision is made for her. Now busy with a thriving business on Willow Lake, Daisy knows she should be happy with the life she’s chosen for herself and her son. But she still aches for the one thing she can’t have. Until the man once lost to her reappears, resurrected by a promise of love. And now the choice Daisy thought was behind her is the hardest one she’ll ever face….
- Return to Willow Lake – Sonnet Romano has the ideal career, the ideal boyfriend, and has just been offered a prestigious fellowship. But when she learns her mother is unexpectedly expecting in a high-risk pregnancy, she puts everything on hold and heads home to Avalon. Once her mom is out of danger, Sonnet intends to pick up her life where she left off. But when her mother receives a devastating diagnosis, Sonnet must decide what really matters in life, even if that means staying in Avalon and taking a job that forces her to work alongside her biggest, and maybe her sweetest, mistake-award-winning filmmaker Zach Alger.
- Candlelight Christmas – A single father who yearns to be a family man, Logan O’Donnell is determined to create the perfect Christmas for his son, Charlie. The entire O’Donnell clan arrives to spend the holidays in Avalon, a postcard-pretty town on the shores of Willow Lake, a place for the family to reconnect and rediscover the special gifts of the season. One of the guests is a newcomer to Willow Lake-Darcy Fitzgerald. Sharp-witted, independent and intent on guarding her heart, she’s the last person Logan can see himself falling for. And Darcy is convinced that a relationship is the last thing she needs this Christmas. Yet between the snowy silence of the winter woods and the toasty moments by a crackling fire, their two lonely hearts collide. The magic of the season brings them each a gift neither ever expected-a love to last a lifetime.
- Starlight on Willow Lake – Faith McCallum is intent on rebuilding her shattered life and giving her two daughters a chance at a better future. But she faces a formidable challenge in the form of her new employer, Alice Bellamy. Recovering from a tragic accident, she opens her historic lakeside home to Faith and the girls. While Faith proves a worthy match for her sharp-tongued client, she often finds herself at a loss for words in the presence of Mason Bellamy. The last place Mason wants to be is a remote town in the Catskills, far from his life in the city, but his mother’s devastating mishap has called him home. Faith McCallum, with her lengendary nursing skills, is supposed to be the key to his escape. But when Faith makes a chilling discovery about Alice, Mason is forced to reconsider his desire to keep everyone, including his mother, at a distance. Now he finds himself wondering if the supercharged life he’s created for himself is what he truly wants…and whether exploring his past might lead to a new life-and lasting love-on the tranquil shores of Willow Lake.
If you like Lakeshore Chronicles, you may also want to check out Thunder Point by Robyn Carr, or our guide to Debbie Macomber’s Blossom Street series. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.