Born on 19 May 1981, Kiera Cass is an American writer of young adult fiction. A graduate of Radford University with a B.S. in History, her first book, The Selection, was published in 2012 by HarperTeen.
The Selection became a very popular young adult series composed of five full-length novels and multiple short stories. Kiera Cass also wrote The Betrothed Series about Hollis Brite who was courted by King Jameson of Coroa to be his queen, but Hollis fell in love with a commoner named Silas, and she had to choose between two paths.
How to read Kiera Cass’ Books in Order?
Reading The Selection Series in Order
The Selection takes place in a dystopian world, in the country of Illea, which was once the United States and focuses on a competition designed to pick a woman to become the future wife of Prince Maxon and take on the role of Queen of Illea. For more details, visit our article dedicated to The Selection books.
- The Queen – Novella. Included in Happily Ever After.
- The Prince – Novella. Included in Happily Ever After.
- The Selection – Book #1.
- The Elite – Book #2.
- The Guard– Novella. Included in Happily Ever After.
- The One – Book #3.
- The Epilogue – Short Story. Included in Happily Ever After.
- The Favorite – Novella.
- The Heir – Book #4.
- The Crown – Book #5. A bonus epilogue is included in the Barnes & Noble special edition.
- Happily Ever After – Companion to the Selection Series.
Reading The Betrothed Series in Order
- The Betrothed – When King Jameson declares his love for Lady Hollis Brite, Hollis is thrilled. But she soon realizes that falling in love with a king and becoming queen may not be the happily ever after she thought it would be. And when she meets a commoner with the mysterious power to see right into her heart, she finds that the future she really wants is one that she never thought to imagine.
- The Betrayed – Coming in July 2021. She gave her heart away. Now she’ll fight to get it back. While tensions at home are mounting, disquiet in the kingdom of Isolte is reaching fever pitch. The Eastoffes may have the power to unseat the tyrannical King Jameson, but only with Hollis’s help. Can a girl who’s lost it all put the fate of her adopted homeland over the secret longings of her heart?
Reading the Other Kiera Cass’ Books in Order of Publication
- The Siren – Kahlen is a Siren-bound to serve the Ocean by luring humans to their watery graves with her voice, which is deadly to any human who hears it. Akinli is human–a kind, handsome boy who’s everything Kahlen ever dreamed of. Falling in love puts them both in danger… but will Kahlen risk everything to follow her heart?
- A Thousand Heartbeats – Princess Annika has lived a life of comfort-but no amount of luxuries can change the fact that her life isn’t her own to control. The king, once her loving father, has gone cold, and Annika will soon be forced into a loveless marriage for political gain. Miles away, small comforts are few and far between for Lennox. He has devoted his life to the Dahrainian army, hoping to one day help them reclaim the throne that was stolen from them. For Lennox, the idea of love is merely a distraction-nothing will stand in the way of fighting for his people. But when love, against all odds, finds them both, they are bound by its call. They can’t possibly be together–but the irresistible thrum of a thousand heartbeats won’t let them stay apart.