Last Updated 4 months ago.Soon to be a Netflix series!
What is jupiter’s Legacy about?
More than a decade after their last collaboration on The Authority, superstar author Mark Millar and artist Frank Quitely are working together again to bring us Jupiter’s Legacy, a complex story of superheroes, family, justice and power.
Composed of two interconnected series, Jupiter’s Legacy and the prequel Jupiter’s Legacy, this story began at the beginning of the 1930s with a group of young Americans finding powers and using it to make America great. Years later, the new generation of superheroes doesn’t share their way of thinking and conflict emerge that will change the fate of humanity.
Jupiter’s Legacy Reading Order:
I. by series
a. Jupiter’s Legacy
- Jupiter’s Legacy Volume 1 – 1932: Sheldon Sampson’s dreams about a mysterious source of power lead him, his brother Walter, and a group of loyal followers on a quest around the world. What they discover sets them on a course that will wrench a family apart and alter the world’s political stage! Decades after their journey, Sheldon and Walter are superpowered legends, world renowned for their heroism. But the offspring trained to live in their image have fallen desperately short. Rocked by one public scandal after another, Chloe and her brother Brandon are a dishonor to the generation before them. The rift reaches its breaking point when one branch of the family overthrows the government and struggles to rule at any cost – while the others must flee for their own safety. But when the failures of the corrupt leaders catch up to them, the world hovers on the brink of collapse ― and the hidden heroes must emerge to take back their legacy! Collects Jupiter’s Legacy #1-5.
- Jupiter’s Legacy Volume 2 – Superhero offspring Hutch and Chloe have come out of hiding with son Jason to assemble a team of super-crooks from around the globe. Collects Jupiter’s Legacy Vol. 2 #1-5.
b. Jupiter’s Circle
- Jupiter’s Circle Volume 1 – In midcentury America, a team of young superheroes faces epic threats in public while battling personal demons behind closed doors. Collects Jupiter’s Circle #1-6.
- Jupiter’s Circle Volume 2 – In midcentury America, the world’s greatest superheroes triumph in their public battles, while struggling with private ones. Social and political unrest take a personal toll: one member joins the counterculture movement, others grapple with personal demons, and suspicion and betrayal cast a shadow over the most trusted friendships. Collects Jupiter’s Circle #7-12.
II. Publication order
You can read Jupiter’s Legacy/Circle the way you want. Some will prefer to start with Jupiter’s Circle as it is a Prequel series, others will read each series independently.
For those who want the publication order, here it is:
- Jupiter’s Legacy Volume 1
- Jupiter’s Circle Volume 1
- Jupiter’s Circle Volume 2
- Jupiter’s Legacy Volume 2