Junie B. Jones is a children’s book series written by Barbara Park (1947–2013) and illustrated by Denise Brunkus telling the stories of an outrageously funny kindergartener named… Junie B. Jones! As Scholastic described the series: There’s no one quite like Junie B. Jones. Filled with spunk, sass, and determination, this outspoken firecracker faces each bump in the road with an endless curiosity and a lot of humor along the way.
Accessible and easy to read, this hilarious series breaks all the rules and will help your young readers find fun in sticky situations, despite smelly school buses, tattletales, and monsters under the bed. This laugh-out-loud collection will keep even the most reluctant of readers coming back for more.
How to read the Junie B. Jones Series in Order?
Every entry in the Junie B. Jones book series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other.
- Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus – Meet Junie B. Jones. She’s so scared of the school bus and the meanies on it that when it’s time to ride the bus, she doesn’t.
- Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business – When Junie B.’s parents tell her they have a surprise for her, she’s excited for a present, but instead she gets a baby brother!
- Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth – Junie’s having a rough week. First, she got in trouble for shooting her mouth off in kindergarten, and now she’s in trouble again!
- Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying – Junie B. takes up “sneaky peeky spying” and lands herself in trouble after she decides to hide in the hamper and spy on her grandpa.
- Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake – When the teacher announces that there will be a school carnival, Junie B. plans to win hundreds of prizes. The heavy fruitcake she wins at the Cake Walk may be more of a prize than Junie B. can manage.
- Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim’s Birthday – That meanie Jim has invited everyone in Room Nine to his birthday party–except for Junie B.
- Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren – There’s a new boy in kindergarten and guess what? He’s the handsomest guy Junie B. has ever seen.
- Junie B. Jones Has a Monster Under Her Bed – There’s no such thing as monsters. But then why is there monster drool on Junie B.’s pillow?
- Junie B. Jones Is Not a Crook – Junie B. is filled with glee over her new mittens–until someone steals them!
- Junie B. Jones Is a Party Animal – Lucille is having a sleepover party, and Junie B. can’t wait.
- Junie B. Jones Is a Beauty Shop Guy – What’s the bestest job ever? A beauty shop guy, that’s what!
- Junie B. Jones Smells Something Fishy – There’s going to be a Pet Day at school, but the rules say that Junie can’t bring her dog. She may have to take matters into her own hands…
- Junie B. Jones Is (almost) a Flower Girl – Junie B. wants to show everyone how grown-up she is by being a flower girl in her aunt’s wedding. Too bad she wasn’t picked.
- Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentime – It’s a mushy gushy Valentine’s Day mystery with Junie B. Jones.
- Junie B. Jones Has a Peep in Her Pocket – It’s almost the end of the school year, and Room Nine is taking a field trip to a farm.
- Junie B. Jones Is Captain Field Day – Afternoon kindergarten is having a field day, and Junie B. is team captain for Room Nine.
- Junie B. Jones Is a Graduation Girl – Junie B. is supposed to keep her graduation gown in the box until the big day, but she just can’t help herself.
- Junie B. Jones: First Grader (at last!) – It’s a new school year, and everything is different.
- Junie B. Jones: Boss of Lunch – Something very wonderful is happening to Junie B. Jones: she’s going to be a professional lunch lady!
- Junie B. Jones: Toothless Wonder – One of Junie B.’s front teeth is loose!
- Junie B. Jones: Cheater Pants – Junie B. Jones knows that cheating is just plain wrong. But what about copying someone else’s homework?
- Junie B. Jones: One-Man Band – Junie B. has hurt her big piggy toe and can’t play in the kickball tournament. So, now what?
- Junie B. Jones: Shipwrecked – Room One is putting on a play about explorers looking for the New World. Junie B. thinks she might be the star!
- Junie B. Jones: BOO . . . and I MEAN It! – Halloween with Junie B. has got to be a scream!
- Junie B. Jones: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! (P.S. So Does May.) – It’s holiday time, and Room One is doing lots of fun things to celebrate. Only how can Junie B. enjoy the festivities when Tattletale May keeps ruining her holiday glee?
- Junie B. Jones: Aloha-ha-ha! – Junie B. and her family are going on vacation to Hawaii!
- Junie B. Jones: Dumb Bunny – How did Junie B. get stuck wearing a big dumb bunny suit?
- Junie B. Jones: Turkeys We Have Loved and Eaten (and Other Thankful Stuff) – Room One is making a list of all the stuff they are thankful for, and the class with the best list wins a school-wide contest.
Bonus Junie B. Jones books
- Junie B. Jones: Top-Secret Personal Beeswax: A Journal by Junie B. (and me!) – Wowie, wow, wow! It’s Junie B. Jones’s top-secret, personal beeswax! This hilarious companion to the best-selling series features Junie’s own original writings along with drawings, stickers, and lots of blank pages with creative prompts designed to get kids drawing and writing about their own top-secret, personal beeswax.
- Junie B’s Essential Survival Guide to School – Junie B. Jones’s interactive classroom survival guide! Junie B., Jones has been going to school for over one and a half entire years now. And she has learned a jillion things that will help you survive at that place. And guess what? NOW SHE’S GOING TO PASS THIS INFORMATION ON TO Y-O-U!!!
- Junie B. Jones: These Puzzles Hurt My Brain! Book – Laugh yourself silly with the world’s funniest kid in this puzzle and activity book perfect for holiday, birthday, and back-to-school gifts!
- Junie B. Jones: Junie B. My Valentime – 30 full-color cardstock valentines, 2 pages of stickers, and a hysterical handwritten note from Junie B. herself!
If you like our article about the Junie B. Jones reading order, don’t forget to bookmark it! You may also be interested in the Dork Diaries series by Rachel Renée Russell or the Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.