Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
All of Julie Garwood’s Books!
Who is Julie Garwood?
American writer from Kansas City, Julie Garwood is known for her romance novels in both the historical and suspense subgenres – more than 20 of them being New York Times Bestsellers.
Encouraged by a professor, Julie started to write and published her first historical novel, Gentle Warrior, in 1985. The next one quickly followed. She found success in the historical romance genre, but also with contemporary romantic suspense novels – the Buchanan-Renard series.
Her novel For the Roses was adapted as a movie made for television under the title “Rose Hill”.
Julie Garwood Books in Order
The Buchanan/FBI Series
Resolving around a cast of characters, from the members of the crime-fighting Buchanan family to hacker Alison Trent, crime reporter Sophie Rose and more, the stories are about mysteries and romances.
For more information, take a look at our Buchanan/FBI reading order.
- Heartbreaker (2000)
- Mercy (2001)
- Killjoy (2002)
- Murder List (2004)
- Slow Burn (2005)
- Shadow Dance (2006)
- Fire and Ice (2008)
- Sizzle (2009)
- The Ideal Man (2011)
- Sweet Talk (2012)
- Hotshot (2013)
- Fast Track (2014)
- Wired (2017)
- Grace Under Fire (2022)
The Highlands’ Lairds Series
- The Secret (1992) – Judith Hampton was as beautiful as she was proud and loyal. Her dear Scottish friend from childhood was about to give birth, and Judith had promised to be at her side. But there was another, private reason for the journey from her bleak English home to the Highlands: to meet the father she had never known, the Laird Maclean. Nothing prepared her, however, for the sight of the Scottish barbarian who was to escort her into his land…Iain Maitland, Laird of his clan, a man more powerfully compelling than any she had ever encountered. Surely nothing would wrench her from the affection and trust of Iain and his clan…not even the truth about her father, a devastating secret that could shatter the boldest alliance, and the most glorious of loves!
- Ransom (1999) – In the dark days after the death of Richard the Lionheart, lives and lands fell into upheaval at the hands of the power-hungry King John and his violent minions. One victim was innocent Gillian, who was just a child when the cruel and ambitious Baron Alford, determined to recover for the despotic king a jeweled box that slipped through his fingers, slaughtered her father and tore her family apart. A decade later, Gillian once again crosses paths with the nefarious baron, but instead of losing everything like she had as a child, she finds the key to resolving her past in two handsome Scottish chieftains.
- Shadow Music (2007) – Prized for her exquisite beauty, Princess Gabrielle of St. Biel, the daughter of one of England’s most influential barons, is a perfect bargaining chip for a king who needs peace in the Highlands: King John has arranged Gabrielle’s marriage to a good and gentle laird. But this marriage will never take place. Upon her arrival in Scotland, Gabrielle is immediately entangled in Highland intrigue, as a battle royal flares between enemies old and new.
The Clayborne of Rosehill Series
- For The Roses (1995) – The four Clayborne brothers were a rough gang of street urchins—until they found an abandoned baby girl in a New York City alley, named her Mary Rose, and headed to Blue Belle, Montana, to raise her to be a lady. They became a family when suddenly a stranger threatened to tear them apart… Lord Harrison Stanford MacDonald brandishes a six-shooter and a swagger, but he soon proves to be a gentleman to the core. The brothers have taught him frontier survival, while Mary Rose has touched his heart with a deep and desperate passion. But soon, a shattering secret will challenge everything Mary Rose believes about herself, her life, and her newfound love.
- One Pink Rose (1997) – Travis Clayborne may be the youngest of the Clayborne brothers, but he’s most definitely his own man. Unless it means saying no to his beloved Mama Rose. And that’s why Travis is escorting young Bostonian Emily Finnegan to Golden Crest, Montana — where she’ll discover what awaits her as a mail-order bride. Emily has made it perfectly clear that she’s taken charge of her destiny and nothing is going to interfere. Falling in love with the perfect stranger isn’t part of her plan, but the journey with Travis across this beautiful, rugged land opens her eyes…and her heart. Perhaps her destiny isn’t exactly as she imagined.
- One White Rose (1997) – Quiet, steady Douglas Clayborne will do anything to protect a creature in need—and that includes the stubborn, beautiful, and strong-willed Isabel Grant.
- One Red Rose (1997) – Escaped slave and confirmed bachelor Adam Clayborne finds his convictions faltering when Mama Rose summons irresistible former slave Genevieve Delacrois to Montana, where the beautiful young woman teaches Adam the meaning of true freedom.
- One Pink Rose, One White Rose, and One Red Rose are collected in “The Clayborne Brides“
- Come The Spring (1997) – Cole Clayborne had always walked a dark path and flirted with a life of crime. While his three brothers chose to settle into married life, Cole rebelliously refused to be tied down. Now, an elusive stranger draws him into a shadowy chase that will bring unexpected turns to his uncertain future—and may determine which side of the law the restless Cole favors. A tragic, heartbreaking loss drives US Marshal Daniel Ryan on a quest for vengeance—and leads him to a beautiful young woman, the sole witness to a terrible crime. But the lawman finds that love is the greatest trial of all as he unwittingly draws her into the line of fire.
The Crown’s Spies Series
- The Lion’s Lady (1988) – Christina Bennett has taken London society by storm but the ravishing beauty has kept her mysterious past shrouded in secrecy. When the arrogant nobleman, Lyon, Marquis of Lyonwood, steals a sensuous kiss, however, he believes he tastes the wild fire smoldering beneath Christina’s cool charm and swears to possess her. But the feisty and defiant Christina cannot be so easily conquered. Mistress of her own heart and fortune, she resists Lyon’s passionate caresses and refuses to surrender to his desire for if she does, she must also forsake her precious secret and her promised destiny.
- Guardian Angel (1990) – The Emerald flew across the seas, carrying the pirate Pagan—despised by the ton whose riches he plundered, and beloved by the poor whose plight was eased by his gifts. The Marquess of Cainewood vows to hunt down the pirate wretch in revenge for his brother’s death. But when Jade, an enchanting vision of rippling red hair and eyes of jewel-green, appears at his door to beg desperately for his protection, the Marquess agrees to keep her safe from the villains who want her dead. Jade is infuriating, exasperating, and gorgeous. No woman has ever befuddled him so, nor so deeply aroused his desire. But as Jade answers Caine’s knowing caresses with an innocent, wild abandon, they are drawn into a web of treachery that will test the very heart of their love…
- The Gift (1991) – Beautiful and audacious, Sara Winchester is no longer the child she was when she married Nathan, Marquess of St. James. Determined to win his love completely, Sara, blissfully unaware of Nathan’s notorious bootlegging past, has been gleefully waiting for the day when her husband would come to reclaim her heart. The man who stands before her is arrogant, mysterious, and undeniably sexy…an infamous pirate whose touch arouses her wildest, deepest desires.
- Castles (1993) – Orphaned and besieged, Princess Alesandra knew that only a hasty marriage to an Englishman could protect her from the turmoil in her own land. To the amusement of her makeshift guardian, Colin, younger brother of the Marquess of Cainewood, the bold raven-haired beauty instantly captivated London society. But when Alesandra was nearly abducted by her unscrupulous countrymen, the fighting instincts that won Colin a knighthood for valor were kindled.
The Lairds’ Brides Series
- The Bride (1989) – By edict of the king, the mighty Scottish laird Alec Kincaid must take an English bride. His choice was Jamie, youngest daughter of Baron Jamison…a feisty, violet-eyed beauty. Alec ached to touch her, to tame her, to possess her…forever. But Jamie vowed never to surrender to this highland barbarian. He was everything her heart warned against—an arrogant scoundrel whose rough good looks spoke of savage pleasures. And thought Kincaid’s scorching kisses fired her blood, she brazenly resisted him…until one rapturous moment quelled their clash of wills, and something far more dangerous than desire threatened to conquer her senses…
- The Wedding (1996) – Journeying from England to Scotland, Lady Brenna has resigned herself to an arranged match with a highlander. But when a band of fierce, painted warriors captures her en route, she fearlessly meets their demand to instead marry their leader—her betrothed’s sworn enemy—the quick-tempered Connor MacAlister. Brenna harbors no illusions that her husband is in love with her, but their shared past gives her hope. Maybe the laird who once visited her father’s castle and charmed her with a dazzling, unexpected smile remains underneath Connor’s stern exterior. But as she sets out to win the man whom she has come to adore, a legacy of revenge ensnares Brenna in a furious clan war—and only her faith in her new husband can save her…
Other Standalone Novels
- Gentle Warrior (1985) – In feudal England, Elizabeth Montwright barely escaped the massacre that destroyed her family and exiled her from her ancestral castle. Now, bent on revenge, she rides again through the fortress gates, disguised as a peasant…to seek aid from Geoffrey Berkley, the powerful baron who had routed the murderers. He hears her pleas, resists her demands, and vows to seduce his beautiful subject. Yet as Elizabeth fights the warrior’s caresses, love flames for this gallant man who must soon champion her cause…and capture her spirited heart.
- A Girl Named Summer (1986, Young Adult Novel) – Summer never meant to lie. She just wanted to keep the most perfect guy she ever met interested in her. She had been surprised when David began hanging out with her every day… and dizzy with happiness when he kissed her. David seemed to like her unconventional Irish family, even her eccentric Grandpa. Everything was going great – until Ann entered the picture. She collected boys like trophies. How could Summer compete with someone like that?
- Rebellious Desire (1986) – Of all the dukes in England, Jered Marcus Benton, the Duke of Bradford, was the wealthiest, most handsome—and most arrogant. And of all London’s ladies, he wanted the tender obedience of only one—Caroline Richmond. She was a ravishing beauty from Boston, with a mysterious past and a fiery spirit. Drawn to the powerful duke, undeterred by his presumptuous airs, Caroline was determined to win his lasting love. But Bradford would bend to no woman—until a deadly intrigue drew them enticingly close. Now, united against a common enemy, they would discover the power of the magnificent attraction that brought them together…a desire born in danger, but destined to flame into love!
- Honor’s Splendour (1987) – In the feuding English court, gentle Lady Madelyne suffered the cruel whims of her ruthless brother, Baron Louddon. Then, in vengeance for a bitter crime, Baron Duncan of Wexton—the Wolf—unleashed his warriors against Louddon. Exquisite Madelyne was the prize he catured…but when he gazed upon the proud beauty, he pledged to protect her with his life. In his rough-hewn castle, Duncan proved true to his honor. But when at last their noble passion conquered them both, she surrendered with all her soul. Now, for love, Madelyne would stand fast…as bravely as her Lord, the powerful Wolf who fought for…Honor’s Splendour.
- The Prize (1991) – In the resplendence of William the Conqueror’s London court, the lovely Saxon captive, Nicholaa was forced to choose a husband from the assembled Norman nobles. She chose Royce, a baron warrior whose fierce demeanor could not conceal his chivalrous and tender heart. Resourceful, rebellious and utterly naive, Nicholaa vowed to bend Royce to her will, despite the whirlwind of feelings he aroused in her. Ferocious in battle, seasoned in passion, Royce was surprised by the depth of his emotion whenever he caressed his charming bride.
- Saving Grace (1993) – When Lady Johanna learned she was a widow, she vowed she would never marry again. Only sixteen, already she possessed a strength of will that impressed all who looked past her golden-haired beauty. Yet when King John demanded that she remarry—and selected a bridegroom for her—it seemed she must acquiesce, until her beloved foster brother suggested she wed his friend, the handsome Scottish warrior Gabriel MacBain.
- Prince Charming (1994) – Only her beloved grandmother, Lady Esther, knew how devastated Taylor Stapleton had been when her fiancé eloped with Taylor’s cousin. Now dear Esther, one of London’s richest and most formidable matriarchs, lies dying. But first, she was going to help Taylor pull off the scam of the season. To escape becoming a ward of her unscrupulous uncle, Taylor would wed Lucas Ross, a rugged American rancher. Lady Esther’s money would enable Ross to return home to Montana. Taylor had her own urgent reason to go to America: a precious legacy she hadn’t revealed to Ross, for they had agreed to part ways once they reached Boston. But as her handsome new husband spoke of life in Montana, Taylor began planning a new future.
Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.