Indiana Jones meets The Da Vinci Code.
Who is Jack West Jr. ?
Jonathan “Jack” West Junior is the main character in the book series by Australian author Matthew Reilly. Also nicknamed “Huntsman”, Jack was once considered one of the best soldier in the world, but disliked being a soldier himself. He is now an historian with a knack for solving ancient puzzles and traps.
A calm and mild-mannered man, Jack can become a merciless killing machine if he is pushed too far by his ennemies. He should never be under-estimated as Jack is an expert combattant, marksman, tactician and trained pilot. And also an Archaelogist, of course!
Jack West Jr. Books in Order:
- Jack West Jr and the Hero’s Helmet — ebook-exclusive short story and prequel to the Jack West Jr. series published before the fourth book. Late on Christmas Eve, decorated SAS officer and Egyptologist Jack West Jr is about to make a discovery that could rewrite history. In the ancient Temple of Dendur, housed in New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art, a legendary weapon has lain hidden for millennia. But Jack is not the only person who knows about the artefact’s existence. As Jack examines the temple in the deserted museum, he is watched by a mysterious figure. A man intent on stopping him at any cost.
- The Seven Ancient Wonders — 4500 years ago, a magnificent golden capstone sat at the peak of the Great Pyramid of Giza. It was a source of immense power, reputedly capable of bestowing upon its holder absolute global power. But then it was divided into seven pieces and hidden, each piece separately, within the seven greatest structures of the age. Now it’s 2006 and the coming of a rare solar event means it’s time to locate the seven pieces and rebuild the capstone. Everyone wants it. Led by the mysterious Captain Jack West Jr, a determined group enters a global battlefield filled with booby-trapped mines, crocodile-infested swamps, evil forces and an adventure beyond imagining.
- The Six Sacred Stones — A mysterious ceremony in an unknown location has unraveled their work and triggered a catastrophic countdown that will climax in no less than the end of all life on Earth. But there is one last hope. If Jack and his team can find and rebuild a legendary ancient device known only as the “Machine,” they might be able to ward off the coming armageddon. The only clues to locating this Machine, however, are held within the fabled Six Sacred Stones, long lost in the fog of history. And so the hunt begins for the Six Sacred Stones and the all-important knowledge they possess…
- The Five Greatest Warriors — With the end of the world fast approaching, Jack West must rebuild the final pieces of the fabled, ancient ‘Machine’ – the only thing that can prevent global catastrophe. But he is out of clues until he is presented with an ancient text about five unnamed warriors, great historical figures who were all in some way connected to the mysterious Machine. And so, Jack and his loyal team set out to discover their identities – and their secrets.
- The Four Legendary Kingdoms — Jack West, Jr. and his family are living happily on their remote farm when Jack is brutally kidnapped and he awakes in an underground cell to find a masked attacker with a knife charging at him. Jack has been chosen—along with a dozen other elite soldiers—to compete in a series of deadly challenges designed to fulfil an ancient ritual. With the fate of the Earth at stake, he will have to traverse diabolical mazes, fight cruel assassins, and face unimaginable horrors that will test him like he has never been tested before.
- The Three Secret Cities — When Jack West, Jr. won the Great Games, he threw the four legendary kingdoms into turmoil. Now these dark forces are coming after Jack in ruthless fashion. With the end of all things rapidly approaching, Jack must find the Three Secret Cities, three incredible lost cities of legend. It’s an impossible task by any reckoning, but Jack must do it while he is being hunted…by the greatest hunters in history.
- The Chinese Splashdown — A special prequel short-story to The Two Lost Mountains available on panmacmillan.com.au. When a satellite hunter intercepts a top-secret transmission from the Moon, his old friend Jack West Jr is his only hope…
- The Two Lost Mountains — Against all the odds, Jack West Jr. found the Three Secret Cities, but at a heartbreaking cost. His beloved daughter Lily, it appeared, was slaughtered by Sphinx in a cruel ancient ritual. With his rivals far ahead of him, Jack must now get to one of the five iron mountains–two of which have never been found–and perform a mysterious feat known only as ‘The Fall’. Although what is this object on the moon that is connected to it?