Who is Jack Noble?
Coming from American bestselling author L.T. Ryan, the Jack Noble series are fast-paced, suspense thrillers full of underworld crime and government secrets.
More precisely, Jack Noble is a former Marine, an assassin for hire. He makes no mistakes. Passes no judgment. Feels no remorse. But one decision will change his life in an unexpected way.
Jack Noble Books in Order:
- The First Deception – Prequel story. After completing training, they are sent overseas to recover an operative being held and tortured by terrorists in Aleppo, Syria. Saving the woman is not without risks, as the young team learns first hand. It isn’t long before their assumptions of who is on their side, and who is working against them are turned upside down. As Noble and Bear close in on the agent, they uncover an enemy that hits far closer to home than they ever imagined.
- The Recruit – Prequel short story. In late summer of 1994, Jack Noble, a former All-American quarterback, is in the middle of the toughest event he’s ever taken part in. Marine Corps Recruit Training. After eight weeks he’s managed to make enemies of every drill instructor and every recruit in his platoon. Then on one particularly humid South Carolina day, an odd sequence of events changes everything.
- Noble Beginnings – With the world focused on Afghanistan, Jack Noble finds himself on the outskirts of Baghdad, Iraq. A Marine in name only, Jack is on-loan to the CIA. Normally an integral part of the team, he finds that he is nothing more than a security detail in Iraq. Jack and his partner Bear Logan have a run-in with four CIA special agents over the treatment of an Iraqi family. Within hours Jack and Bear are detained. All Jack did was intervene and save a family from unwarranted violence at the hands of four CIA agents. But he soon discovers that he did far more than intervene…
- A Deadly Distance – Washington, D.C. Midday. A man waits at a bus stop, his intentions unknown. Two government operatives have been stalking him for days, waiting for him to make his move. Unexpectedly, the man takes off running and heads for a deserted warehouse. Jack Noble and his partner, Frank Skinner, believe the man to be part of a terrorist organization that is involved in smuggling drugs and guns and men into the country. But it turns out their plan involves far more export than import, and hits a lot closer to home.
What’s coming next is the Bear Logan books. They are part of the Noble Universe, but are skippable if you are not interested.
- Ripple Effect (Bear Logan) – It didn’t take much to throw off the assassination of a corrupt U.S. Senator visiting a foreign country. Not once the cartel got involved. Tasked with the job of eliminating the target, Bear Logan and Jack Noble find themselves embroiled in a conspiracy and quickly realize they are being used as pawns.
- Blowback (Bear Logan) – While recuperating on the tranquil island of St. Lucia, Bear’s world is turned upside down when he is framed for murder. A nemesis returns offering immunity… In exchange for a favor. Get in. Get the package. Get out. Easy as that. But nothing is ever that simple for Bear, and he soon finds himself in the center of a web of corruption and deceit as the operation threatens to suffocate him.
- Takedown (Bear Logan) – When three CIA operatives vanish in London, an acquaintance reaches out to Bear Logan. But as he delves deeper into the disappearance, he quickly finds that the rules don’t apply, and nothing is as it seems. And to solve the mystery, Bear has to trust the one man he thought he’d never face again.
- Deep State (Bear Logan) – Things have been silent in the weeks after Bear Logan’s meeting with Jack Noble. Until he receives a cryptic message that leads him to Chicago for a meeting. But Noble isn’t there. Neither is anyone else. Bear soon finds himself teamed up with a green reporter who claims she has inside information on a brewing conspiracy with long-reaching ramifications. Bear has his doubts, but as the cards are laid on the table, he realizes he can’t back down. It’s a race against the clock as Bear calls in a couple of old friends, and enemies, to prevent a global war.
- Thin Line – When friends can no longer be trusted, and enemies must be, Noble is forced to make a decision that will compromise his integrity, his conscience, and his life.
- End Game – Published later, after “Deadline”, this story is taking place during the six years between Thin Line and Noble Intentions. Marcus Hamilton Thanos is marked for death. And Jack Noble is the man for the job. But when the high-profile target vanishes the day of the assassination attempt, Jack is forced to team up with a female FBI agent who was poised to learn Thanos’s secret that morning. Together they are plunged into a frantic race across state lines and international borders in order to solve the mystery, all the while unsure of who they can trust.
- Noble Intentions – Why does Jack Noble stop to help a lost child moments before he’s supposed to complete a deal with one of the east coast’s top crime bosses? A simple decision places Jack in unfamiliar territory. He’s become the hunted, and finds himself in a race against time to save those closest to him.
- When Dead in Greece – Jack Noble is grounded, recovering from his injuries and a near-death experience. The small town isn’t so bad. An old guy named Esau has provided him with a place to stay. The food’s good. And Isadora, Esau’s niece, is easy on the eyes. But tranquility is interrupted when a group of local criminal’s threatens Esau, and kidnaps his niece. Despite his weakened state, Jack risks it all to save the beautiful woman he hardly knows, and settle the debt that Esau signed in blood.
- Noble Retribution – Jack Noble is dead. A ghost. At least that is what the world believes. Truth is, he’s been hiding out on the Greek Island of Crete for six months. Three people know Jack’s secret. One is with him. Another needs him back in the U.S. The third wants him dead. Six months is a long time for a guy like Jack to be out of action. His edge has eroded. He is contemplating leaving his old life, slipping away, disappearing for good. But Jack realizes he can’t hide forever. He made a mess, now he has to clean it up. He will repay his debt.
- Noble Betrayal – A favor for an old friend. Places Jack Noble in the middle again. But it beats an early retirement. Jack Noble is on a plane, heading across the Atlantic to perform one last job. A favor for an old friend, he tells himself. Anything to put off an early retirement for a few weeks longer. Shortly after setting foot in London, Jack discovers that not all is what it seems.
- Never Go Home – London, England. An attempted assassination goes awry, leaving multiple people wounded or dead. Jack Noble finds himself in the middle. Now the high-profile politician who was targeted wants him even closer.
- Beyond Betrayal – It’s a Clarissa Abbot book. Recalled from her assignment in London, England, Clarissa Abbot is handed her most difficult assignment yet. To observe and isolate a potential threat to national security that resides inside the White House. Facing a conspiracy that threatens to rock Washington, D.C. to its core, Clarissa is pitted against an overwhelming force that won’t stop until she’s dead.
- Noble Judgment – The command has been issued. A purging of the black ops community. And the clandestine agency SIS has been hit hardest. All current and former members marked for termination. Including Jack Noble and his known associates. But when the men behind the operation make it personal, Jack cares less about unraveling their plan, and more about exacting vengeance.
- Never Cry Mercy – Jack Noble has crossed the country, never staying too long in one spot. He’s not running or hiding. He’s buying time. Simply living until the day he can disappear and provide his daughter with a normal life. But when his Jeep dies outside a small Texas town, he finds a reason to stick around for a couple days. An old friend. Someone he thought was gone from his life forever. It quickly becomes evident that there is more going on in the town than Jack realized, and soon he’s drawn into a web of secrets and lies that will forever change his life.
- Deadline – One final job. One final life to take. One final deadline. Jack Noble faces off with Frank Skinner one last time. Skinner is judge, jury, and executioner. And he’s prepared to carry out a death sentence. For Noble, there’s only one way out. He has to break all the rules.
- Noble Ultimatum – Following the assassination of Frank Skinner in broad daylight, Jack Noble disappeared. But every day that passes the chances of clearing his name diminish. The CIA is in full attack mode. They don’t want to bring Jack in. They want him dead. A shadow agency is also after not only Noble, but Bear Logan, too. The reason, unknown. The players, unknown. But they’re closing fast, and Jack and Bear might just prefer the CIA find them first. Outmanned and outgunned, Jack Noble faces the toughest challenge of his life.