Who is The Hulk?
The Jekyll/Hyde of the Marvel Universe created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. Saving the life of Rick Jones during the experimental detonation of a gamma bomb, scientist Bruce Banner was hit by the blast resulting in the absorption of gamma radiation.
Banner didn’t die, but he wasn’t the same. The radiation didn’t kill him, but they changed him. Now, he is two “men” in one body, transforming from the physically weak and emotionally reserved physicist into the powerful green-skinned monster named “the Hulk” when he loses control.
Hulk Reading Order:
I. The Incredible Hulk, The ’60s & ’70s
The Hulk stories were shortly published in a solo series (Incredible Hulk), but only for 6 issues. After that, the adventures continue in the anthology Tales To Astonish, before resuming in Incredible Hulk.
It goes as follow : Incredible Hulk #1-6, Tales to Astonish #59-101 and Incredible Hulk #102.
What you need to know : The Epic Collection is an affordable paperback collection. The Marvel Masterworks are deluxe hardcover editions.
- Incredible Hulk Epic Collection: Man or Monster? – Dr. Robert Bruce Banner may look like a mild-mannered scientist, but after being caught in a gamma-bomb explosion, he became the unstoppable engine of destruction known as the Hulk! Collects Incredible Hulk #1-6, but also more appearances in other series : Fantastic Four #12, #25–26, Avengers #1–3, #5, Amazing Spider-Man #14, Tales to Astonish #59, Journey into Mystery #112.
- The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection: The Hulk Must Die – Dr. Robert Bruce Banner’s alter ego battles General “Thunderbolt” Ross, the Leader and his Humanoids, the Executioner, and more communists than you can shake a tank at. And if that’s not enough, round two pits the Hulk against Hercules, introduces classic villain the Abomination, dives into the intrigue of the Secret Empire, and goes cosmic with the Silver Surfer and the High Evolutionary! Collects Tales to Astonish #60–96, but also material from Not Brand Echh #3.
- The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection: The Leader Lives – The jade giant’s travelogue of destruction leaves the Mandarin, the Inhumans, the Sandman and the entire Savage Land rubbing sore jaws. And when Hulk’s archnemesis the Leader returns, all bets are off. Collects Incredible Hulk #102-117 and Annual #1, and material from Tales To Astonish #97-101 And Not Brand Echh #9.
Marvel Masterworks: The Incredible Hulk
- Volume 1 – collects The Incredible Hulk #1–6.
- Volume 2 – collects Tales to Astonish #59–79.
- Volume 3 – collects Tales to Astonish #80–101; The Incredible Hulk #102.
This Hulk-sized collection (or oversized hardcover), if you can find it at a reasonnable price, collects The Incredible Hulk (1962) #1-6, Tales to Astonish #59-101, and The Incredible Hulk #102.
For now, The Incredible Hulk #103 to #268 are not all collected. Nothing in the Epic Collection, but most of these issues are in the (more expensive) Marvel Masterworks edition. If you can find them, the old and cheap essential edition collects them from the beginning to #248.
Marvel Masterworks: The Incredible Hulk
- Volume 4 – collects The Incredible Hulk #103–110; The Incredible Hulk Annual #1.
- Volume 5 – collects The Incredible Hulk #111–121.
- Volume 6 – collects The Incredible Hulk #122–134.
- Volume 7 – collects The Incredible Hulk #135–144, The Avengers #88, and Marvel Super-Heroes #16.
- Volume 8 – collects The Incredible Hulk #145–156.
- Volume 9 – collects The Incredible Hulk #157–170.
- Volume 10 – collects The Incredible Hulk #171–183.
- Volume 11 – collects The Incredible Hulk #184–196, material from Marvel Treasury Edition #5.
- Volume 12 – collects The Incredible Hulk #197–209, The Incredible Hulk Annual #5.
- Volume 13 – collects The Incredible Hulk #210–222, The Incredible Hulk Annual #6.
Hulk joined The Defenders
At the beginning of the 1970s, after The Incredible Hulk #156, Hulk joint the Defenders, a “non-team” of individualistic “outsiders” led by Doctor Strange and included Namor, Silver Surfer, and of course Hulk. These original members stayed in the series until issue #125.
All thoses issues were collected in the first 6 volumes of the Essential Defenders, some may be hard to find. Since them, Marvel started to republish them in the Marvel Masterworks Defenders collection.
II. The Incredible Hulk by Bill Mantlo (1980-1987)
This is the era of The Incredible Hulk written by Bill Mantlo. As of now, there’s a gap in the collected edition. The old Hulk Essential went to issue #248.
- The Incredible Hulk: Pardoned – The Hulk battles the “Hulk Hunters” and the Galaxy Master, embarking on an adventure in space that partners him with Rocket Raccoon and introduces him to a new alien love interest! Collects The Incredible Hulk #269–285.
- The Incredible Hulk: Regression – Bruce Banner still controls the mind and body of his green-skinned alter ego, but for how long? Banner, estranged from Betty Ross, settles in at his new Northwind laboratory as Kate Waynesboro enters his life as his research assistant – and soon becomes his new love interest. But what ulterior motive is she hiding? Collects The Incredible Hulk #286–295, part of #296, #297–300, and The Incredible Hulk Annual #12.
- Hulk played his part in the original Secret Wars crossover event.
- The Incredible Hulk: Crossroads – Banished to the mysterious and dangerous Crossroads by Dr. Strange, the Hulk fights his way back from the edge of insanity. Collects The Incredible Hulk #301–313, The Incredible Hulk Annual #13, Alpha Flight #29.
At that point, Bill Mantlo has left the title. It’s time for some stories by John Byrne and Al Milgrom.
- Hulk Visionaries: John Byrne – After the Hulk and Bruce Banner are separated, the Jade Giant becomes the Earth’s emerald enemy – outfighting Iron Man, Wonder Man, Sub-Mariner, Hercules and Doc Samson! Could the one to succeed where these powerhouses failed be…Bruce Banner himself? Collects The Incredible Hulk #314-319 & Annual #14, plus Marvel Fanfare #29.
- The issues #320-330 & Annual 15 are not collected yet.
III. The Incredible Hulk by Peter David (1987-1999)
This is the most famous and biggest era of The Incredible Hulk solo series. Peter David worked on the title from issue #331 to #467.
- Hulk Visionaries: Peter David, Vol. 1 – The gray-skinned goliath leaps into action against horrors from the grave, the stars and the house next door! Collects The Incredible Hulk #331–339.
- Hulk Visionaries: Peter David, Vol. 2 – The gray Hulk’s out to get the Leader and neither Man-Bull, Halflife, nor the Hulkbusters can stop him! The confrontation ends explosively as the drab-skinned demolisher is blown into a new world: Las Vegas?! Collects The Incredible Hulk #340–348.
- Hulk Visionaries: Peter David, Vol. 3 – The gray Hulk’s life as a Las Vegas legbreaker is broken into by a circle of cyborgs, with Spider-Man in the middle! Next up is a triple threat by Doctor Doom, the Thing and…the green Hulk?! Collects The Incredible Hulk #349–354; Web of Spider-Man #44; Fantastic Four #320.
- Hulk Visionaries: Peter David, Vol. 4 – The golden god-man Glorian wants to give the gray Hulk an emotional makeover, but the mysterious Mister Cloot thinks they’d both look better in demon red! Collects The Incredible Hulk #355–363; Marvel Comics Presents #26, #45.
- Hulk Visionaries: Peter David, Vol. 5 – Everything starts off with a crisis countdown that takes the gray Hulk from one fight to another against the Abomination, the Fantastic Four and a Madman who can’t decide if he’s Bruce Banner’s biggest fan or worst enemy! Collects The Incredible Hulk #364–372, The Incredible Hulk Annual #16.
- Hulk Visionaries: Peter David, Vol. 6 – The Pantheon hits the scene just as the Hulk’s finally getting his head together, no matter how many personalities are inside it! It’s a circus in there, and what’s a circus without…a Ringmaster? Collects The Incredible Hulk #373–382.
The collection of Peter David’s 130-plus issue Hulk run in omnibus form starts here. Featuring the revitalization of one of the Hulk’s longtime foes, the Leader – and a new life for the Hulk in Las Vegas! Say hello to Joe Fixit, as casino conclaves mesh with interdimensional intrigue! Collects The Incredible Hulk #328, #331-368; Web of Spider-man #44; Fantastic Four #320; and material from Marvel Comic presents #26, #45.
- Hulk Visionaries: Peter David, Vol. 7 – Thanos has taken up the Infinity Gauntlet, but the Hulk instead suspects his endurable adversary Abomination – and it should be easy to investigate from the ground up…when he’s shrunken to six inches tall! Collects The Incredible Hulk #383–389, The Incredible Hulk Annual #17.
- The Infinity Gauntlet event took place at that moment and includes The Incredible Hulk #383-385. So, if you want the complete story, you’ll need the omnibus.
- Hulk Visionaries: Peter David, Vol. 8 – The situation in Trans-Sabal may lead to nuclear disaster, and the Hulk, the Pantheon and X-Factor are at war among themselves to stop it! And in Vegas, the Hulk takes on the Punisher! Collects The Incredible Hulk #390–396, The Incredible Hulk Annual #18; X-Factor #76.
- The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 19: Ghost of the Past – As one Leader falls, another rises! An epic clash between the Hulk, the Leader and the U-Foes is going to end very badly for the gamma-brained villain. Collects Ghosts of the Past – The Incredible Hulk #397–406, The Incredible Hulk Annual #18–19; material from Namor the Sub-Mariner Annual #2, Silver Surfer Annual #5, Dr. Strange, Sorcerer Supreme Annual #2, Marvel Holiday Special #2.
- The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 20: Future Imperfect – Witness the Incredible Hulk’s terrifying future! Could our hero truly be destined to rule a ravaged world with a gamma fist as the despotic Maestro?! Or can a time-torn Bruce Banner change his own nightmarish fate? Collects The Incredible Hulk #407–419, The Incredible Hulk Annual #20; Hulk: Future Imperfect #1–2; The Incredible Hulk Ashcan Edition; material from Marvel Holiday Special #3.
- The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 21: Fall of the Pantheon – Hulk goes to Hel and back! First, Hulk and the Pantheon face a painful — and all too human — loss. Collects The Incredible Hulk #420–435, The Incredible Hulk vs. Venom #1; Tales to Astonish #1.
- The last part of the run as yet to be collected. This is the end of The Incredible Hulk volume 1.
IV. Hulk Reborn & The Incredible Hulk v.2
Marvel relauched the Hulk series at the end of the Peter David era. First with Hulk Reborn for a year, then it was renamed The Incredible Hulk vol. 2.
- Hulk by John Byrne & Ron Garney – The Green Goliath journeys to the American heartland – and into his own troubled past – and encounters friend and foe alike. Collects Hulk #1–11, Hulk Annual #1999.
- Incredible Hulk: Dogs of War – The Hulk has been hounded by armies before. But this time it seems more personal than usual. General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross blames the Hulk for his daughter’s death, and his colleague, General Ryker, has decided the time has come to bring him down for good. Collects The Incredible Hulk vol. 2, #12–20.
- Incredible Hulk: Past Perfect – The Hulk’s tortured soul is pushed to its limits when one of his oldest and deadliest foes kills the person dearest to him. After seeking revenge in the only way he knows how, the Hulk attempts to find peace. Collects The Incredible Hulk vol. 2, #21–33, The Incredible Hulk Annual #2001.
- There is another book with the title “Dogs of War” collecting Incredible Hulk (2000) #12-33 And Annual 2000-2001, Sentry/Hulk #1, Hulk (1999) #1/2, Hulk Smash #1-2 And Startling Stories: Banner #1-4.
- Hulk: Gray – Examine in new detail the earliest days of the Incredible Hulk. As Dr. Bruce Banner makes his first transformations into his brutish alter ego, relationships that will influence his life and the life of the Hulk are forged — and destroyed! Collects Hulk: Gray #1-6.
- Hulk: Nightmerica – The Hulk uncovers a conspiracy that will entrap him! Hulk: Nightmerica #1-6.
- Hulk: Return Of The Monster – Bruce Banner thought he’d finally tamed his inner beast – until the Hulk’s latest rampage resulted in a child’s death. Collects Incredible Hulk (2000) #34-39 and Startling Stories: Banner #1-4.
- Hulk: Boiling Point – The beast within has crossed the line – and its terrified keeper is on the run! Blamed for the televised murder of a hapless child, Dr. Bruce Banner and his brutish alter ego are Public Enemy No. 1. Collects Incredible Hulk (2000) #40-49.
- Hulk: Abominable – Bear witness as two of the Marvel Universe’s most deadly villains make life even more unbearable for the Incredible Hulk! Collects Incredible Hulk (2000) #50-59.
- Incredible Hulk: Split Decisions – Doc Samson plots in secret to obtain a sample of Hulk’s bood, and Hulk finds himself up against the mysterious Mr. Blue and has encounters with both Sandra Verdugo and his old girl friend, Nadia Blonsky. Collects The Incredible Hulk vol. 2, #60–65.
- Incredible Hulk: Dead Like Me – As Banner marshals the monster within for his ultimate battle, he must be ready to confront a creature with intimate knowledge of his very soul. Collects The Incredible Hulk vol. 2, #65–69; Hulk Smash #1–2.
- Incredible Hulk: Big Things – When Banner awakens in a post-apocalyptic future, his problems are just beginning. Collects The Incredible Hulk vol. 2, #70–76.
- Incredible Hulk & The Thing: Hard Knocks – Think you know everything about the unique relationship between Marvel’s two most powerful sluggers? Guess again.
- Incredible Hulk: Tempest Fugit – As a long-buried episode from Bruce Banner’s youth begins to surface with possible ramifications for the future, the Hulk finds himself washed up on a strange island, populated by several hapless victims…and some most unexpected monsters. Collects The Incredible Hulk vol. 2, #77–82.
- House of M: Incredible Hulk – In the Australian outback, Bruce Banner has found a peace he’s never known among a tribe of Aborigines. But when their safety is threatened by a battle between a sect of AIM and the ruling totalitarian mutant government, the Hulk is forced to intervene in a big way. Collects The Incredible Hulk vol. 2, #83–87.
- Hulk: Destruction – When you’re a Russian government official who dreams of restoring his country to the status of superpower, who else would you turn to but a Russian with genuine superpower. Unfortunately for the Abomination, where he goes, Bruce Banner tends to follow…
- Incredible Hulk: Prelude to Planet Hulk – Banner is confident that his plan will work — after all, who would be foolish enough to actually come looking for the Hulk? But when Nick Fury comes calling, you know there’s trouble for someone involved. Collects The Incredible Hulk vol. 2, #88–91, Fantastic Four #533–535.
- Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk – Betrayed by Earth’s heroes and exiled into outer space, the man-monster Hulk has landed on the distant planet Sakaar, ruled by the tyrannical Red King. Sold into slavery, Hulk becomes the Green Scar, the planet’s mightiest gladiator. Collects The Incredible Hulk vol. 2, #92–105; Giant-Size Hulk #1; Amazing Fantasy vol. 2, #15.
Collects Fantastic Four #533-535, The Incredible Hulk vol. 2 #88-105, Giant-size Hulk (2006) #1, What If? Planet Hulk, Planet Hulk: Gladiator Guidebook and material from New Avengers: Illuminati #1 and Amazing Fantasy (2004) #15.
- Hulk: World War Hulk Omnibus – Hulk versus the world, in an epic story of anger unbound! Exiled by his so-called friends, the Hulk has raged, bled and conquered on the alien planet Sakaar. Now, he returns to Earth to wreak terrible vengeance on Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Doctor Strange and Black Bolt -and anyone else who gets in the way! Collects World War Hulk Prologue: World Breaker, World War Hulk #1-5, Incredible Hulk vol. 2 #106-111, Iron Man (2005) #19-20, Avengers: The Initiative #4-5, Irredeemable Ant-Man #10, World War Hulk: X-Men #1-3, Ghost Rider (2006) #12-13, Heroes For Hire (2006) #11-15, Punisher War Journal (2007) #12, World War Hulk: Gamma Corps #1-4, World War Hulk: Front Line #1-6, World War Hulk: Aftersmash one-shot, World War Hulk: Aftersmash Damage Control #1-3, WWH: Aftersmash Warboung 1-5, Planet Hulk Saga.
Aftermath of World War Hulk, The Incredible Hulk series received a new title: The Incredible Hercules. As you may have guessed, the focus change to Hercules – but the numerotation stay the same. It’s weird. The series focused on Hercules, his sidekick Amadeus Cho, and half-sister Athena.
V. Red Hulk & The Incredible Hulk(s)
At that point, there are two Hulk series. The first, Hulk (2008), is mostly about Red Hulk. The second, Incredible Hulk v.2 is about Bruce Banner. The way Marvel collects them makes it hard to follow during the events. Good luck.
- Hulk: Red Hulk – When one of the Hulk’s oldest associates is murdered, everyone turns to the team of Iron Man, She-Hulk and Leonard Samson to solve the case. All the evidence points to the Hulk as the killer, but all is not as it seems! Collects Hulk vol. 2, #1–6.
- Skaar: Son of Hulk – Born in fire. Raised by monsters. Destined to smash! On an alien planet shattered by war, no one is stronger than Skaar — the savage Son of Hulk! Collects Skaar: Son Of Hulk #1-12, Skaar: Son Of Hulk Presents The Savage World Of Sakaar, Planet Skaar Prologue, War Of Kings: Savage World Of Skaar and material from Hulk Family: Green Genes.
- Hulk: Red & Green – While Bruce Banner discovers the unbridled carnage a pack of Wendigos can unleash, She-Hulks arms herself with an arsenal of advanced S.H.I.E.L.D. weaponry and itching for payback, unites the Lady Liberators with one goal: subdue the Red Hulk, and make him pay in the process. Collects Hulk vol. 2, #7–9; King-Size Hulk #1.
- Hulk: Hulk No More – Red Hulk’s rampage rolls on through the Marvel Universe, and NO ONE can stop him! Collects Hulk vol. 2, #10–13; The Incredible Hulk #600.
- Incredible Hulk Vol. 1: Son of Banner – Get ready for Bruce Banner as you’ve never seen him, the Son of Hulk in a whole new world of smash, and an insane new adventure. Collects The Incredible Hulk #601–605; “Dark Reign: The List – Hulk”
- Hulk: Hulk vs X-Force – One person may know the secret of Red Hulk’s identity. And X-Force is protecting her! Collects Hulk vol. 2, #14–18.
- Fall of the Hulks (Event!) – The Hulk is gone – transformed back into Bruce Banner, seemingly forever. But Banner knows the Hulk never stays buried. He knows he must prepare. Banner locates Skaar, the Hulk’s half-alien son, who burns for revenge on his father. But he’s not nearly a match for the Hulk. So now it’s up to Banner to train the boy – to kill him once and for all! Collects Fall Of The Hulks: Alpha, Incredible Hulk (1968) #601-608 and material from #600, Dark Reign: The List – Hulk, Fall Of The Hulks: Red Hulk #1-4, M.O.D.O.K.: Reign Delay, and Fall Of The Hulks: M.O.D.O.K.
- World War Hulks (Event!) – The Hulks go to war! Everything Bruce Banner knows has been turned upside-down – and everything he’s ever desired may be just a heartbeat away. Don’t miss the insane action as Skaar faces his most brutal battle, and Bruce his greatest temptation – and the identity of a certain scarlet smasher is finally revealed! Collects World War Hulks #1, Fall Of The Hulks: Savage She-Hulks #1-3, Hulked-Out Heroes #1-2, World War Hulks: Spider-Man Vs. Thor #1-2, World War Hulks: Captain America Vs. Wolverine #1-2, and Incredible Hulk (1968) #312 and #609-611.
This omnibus collects Hulk (2008) #1-24, King-Size Hulk #1, Fall of the Hulks: Gamma, Hulk-Sized Mini-Hulks #1; material from Incredible Hulk #600, Wolverine (2003) #50.
- Red Hulk: Scorched Earth – The Incredible Hulk has beaten Red Hulk decisively and now Steve Rogers is here to give both behemoths a purpose! Collects Hulk #25-30.
- Incredible Hulks: Dark Son – All his life, the Hulk has wanted to be left alone – but now, he’s got a big, bad family to keep up with! Collects Incredible Hulks #612-617.
- Chaos War: Incredible Hulks – Part of the Chaos War Event. When the King of Chaos unleashes Hell on Earth, Dr. Strange calls on the strongest team there is to save life itself. Collects Incredible Hulks #618-622 and material from #614-617.
- Incredible Hulks: Planet Savage – The Hulk has never been welcome in the civilized world. What better place for the savage Hulks than the Savage Land? Collects Incredible Hulks #623-629.
Skaar: King of Savage Land – The Son of Hulk conquers a new world! Though Ka-Zar has long ruled the Savage Land, a battle for dominance is coming, and Skaar is not the only contender. Collects Skaar: King of the Savage Land #1-5.
- Planet Red Hulk – Commander Steve Rogers has a new mission for Red Hulk… in outer space! A rescue mission goes wrong and Big Red finds himself pulled into a strange planetary system at war. Collects Hulk #30.1 & #31-36.
- Incredible Hulks: Heart of the Monster – To protect his beloved family, Bruce Banner has spent the last year sacrificing himself in titanic clashes with monsters, demons and the gods themselves. But what happens when the furious monster inside him says ENOUGH? Collects Incredible Hulk #630-635.
- Fear Itself: Hulk – As the Fear Itself hammer-wielders continue their campaign of terror, Red Hulk takes on the newly deified Ben Grimm, the FF’s Thing! Collects Hulk (2008) #37-41, Fear Itself: Hulk vs Dracula #1-3.
- Incredible Hulk by Jason Aaron Volume 1 – The Hulk and Bruce Banner are now separate entities – but Bruce wants the Hulk back. The Hulk is assigned to take Banner down, but Bruce isn’t going without a fi ght. Collects Incredible Hulk vol.3 #1-7, material from Fear Itself #7.
- Red Hulk: Hulk of Arabia – When a ghost from General Ross’ past resurfaces, embroiled in a dangerous war in the Middle East, Red Hulk goes off the grid on an unsanctioned mission that puts him at direct odds with the Secret Avengers and Steve Rogers, his super-hero sponsor. Collects Hulk (2008) #42-46.
- Venom: Circle of Four – Struggling to cope with his father’s death and with the Red Hulk chasing him, can Venom complete his mission and save his loved ones? Collects Venom #10-13, 13.1-13.4 & 14.
Red Hulk: Haunted – Red She-Hulk shows up to confront big daddy and it’s the return of the villainous villainess, Zero/One! Collects Hulk (2008) #47-52.
Incredible Hulk by Jason Aaron Volume 2 – The Hulk thought he was finally rid of Bruce Banner, his puny alter ego split from him and incinerated in the blast of a Gamma bomb. But somehow, buried deep in the Hulk’s mind, a twisted, insane Banner is back. Collects Incredible Hulk Vol. 3 #7.1, 8-15.
Red Hulk: Mayan Rule – It’s the end of the world as we know it when the gods walk the Earth, and the hands of the doomsday clock race towards Mayan rule! Collects Hulk (2008) #53-57.
All of the issues from the Incredible Hulk by Jason Aaron series are collected in one omnibus edition.
VI. Marvel Now: Indestructible & Savage Hulk
Indestructible Hulk: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Taking on deadly threats including the Mad Thinker, the Quintronic Man and Attuma, Hulk goes from walking W.M.D. to world saver. But even when playing the hero, the Green Goliath is going to do what he does best…SMASH! Collects Indestructible Hulk #1–5.
- This is where Thunderbolts Vol. 2 starts. Red-Hulk joined the team along with Elektra, Deadpool, Punisher, and Venom.
- Indestructible Hulk: Gods and Monster – When Bruce Banner takes his lab team to Jotunheim, that means only one thing: Hulk vs. Frost Giants! Thor joins the fray, but what’s wrong with the God of Thunder – and why doesn’t he recognize Hulk? Collects Indestructible Hulk #6-10.
- Indestructible Hulk: S.M.A.S.H. Time – Hulk goes on his most dangerous mission yet when a secret time-traveling subdivision of S.H.I.E.L.D. enlists him to save the space-time continuum! Collects Indestructible Hulk #11-15.
- Indestructible Hulk: Humanity Bomb – As the Hulk battles Iron Man and the Beast for the fate of the world, one of Banner’s lab assistants has fallen to the Terrigen Mists – but how has it changed them? Collects Indestructible Hulk #16, 17.INH-19.INH, 20, Indestructible Hulk Annual.
Hulk: The strongest there is. Banner: The smartest man alive. Combined, they are indestructible! The Hulk fights for the fate of the world in the edition collecting all of Mark Waid’s run. Collects Indestructible Hulk #1-20 & Annual #1.
What comes next is a collection of mini-séries. To find the story dealing with the events at the end of Indestructible Hulk, you need to jump to the Hulk: Banner DOA trade.
- Marvel Knights Hulk: Transforme – An amnesiac Bruce Banner awakens on the banks of the Seine – and soon finds himself in a desperate race through the streets of Paris! Collects Marvel Knights: Hulk #1-4 & Incredible Hulk (1962) #1.
- Original Sin: Hulk vs. Iron Man – Could Tony Stark be responsible for the accident that turned Bruce Banner into the Hulk? A new development threatens the love/hate relationship you’ve been following on screen and in comics. Collects Original Sin: Hulk vs. Iron Man #1-4.
- Savage Hulk: The Man Within – HULK against… The X-MEN!? Learn the startling secret of Professor Xavier’s connection to Bruce Banner! Collects Savage Hulk #1-4.
Savage Hulk: Down to the Crossroads – Banished to a realm between dimensions by the Avengers, Hulk is no longer a threat to Earth — but free of Bruce Banner’s calming influence, what damage will the Hulk do to other worlds? Collects Savage Hulk #5-6.
Thanos vs. Hulk – Cosmic legend and fan-favorite creator Jim Starlin delivers an epic tale of Smash versus Space, as the Emerald Avenger goes head-to-head with the Mad Titan! Collects Thanos vs. Hulk #1-4.
Hulk: Banner DOA – Following the events of the Indestructible Hulk finale, Bruce Banner lies at death’s door, shot in the head by an unknown assailant. If he survives, it won’t be as the Bruce Banner we’ve known! Only the Hulk can save Banner…if he even wants to! Collects Hulk Vol. 3 #1-4.
- Hulk: Omega Hulk – Iron Man saved Bruce Banner’s life, but at a strange price. Who or what is Doc Green, aka the Omega Hulk?
Collecting Hulk Vol. 3 #5-10 and annual #1.
- Hulk: Omega Hulk Book 2– Doc Green’s wayward artificial intelligence causes more problems. Collecting Hulk Vol. 3 #11-16.
- Planet Hulk: Warzones – Part of the Secret Wars event of 2015. Gladiator Steve Rogers, his trusty steed Devil Dinosaur and the mysterious Doc Green go deeper into one of the most dangerous domains of Battleworld. Collects Secret Wars: Planet Hulk #1-5.
VII. The Totally Awesome Hulk
For a time, Bruce Banner is not front and center in the Hulk story. It’s Amadeus Cho time to be the big green man.
- The Totally Awesome Hulk: Cho Time – Cho is taking on the biggest monsters in the Marvel Universe, but can he handle the danger posed by Lady Hellbender? Collects The Totally Awesome Hulk #1-6, and material from Planet Hulk (2015) #1
- The Totally Awesome Hulk: Civil War II – Bruce Banner’s fate during the 8-month gap post-SECRET WARS is revealed! Collects The Totally Awesome Hulk #7-12.
- The Totally Awesome Hulk: Big Apple – The totally awesome Hulk is coming to New York City! It’s time for a Big Apple showdown with a gathering of Asian and Asian-American heroes. Collects The Totally Awesome Hulk #13-18.
- Weapons of Mutant Destruction – The worlds of Weapon X and the Totally Awesome Hulk collide – and the results will be explosive! Collects Weapon X #5-6, Weapons Of Mutant Destruction, Totally Awesome Hulk #20-22.
- The Totally Awesome Hulk: My Best Friends are Monsters – An incredible crossover begins as Amadeus Cho is hunted by Weapon X. Collects Totally Awesome Hulk #19, 23, 1.MU; Generations: Banner Hulk & Totally Awesome Hulk #1, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #4.
- Hulk: Return To Planet Hulk – When Amadeus picks up a distress signal from a distant planet, he’s shocked to find out that it’s from Sakaar. Collects Incredible Hulk #709-714.
- Hulk: World War Hulk II – Following his apocalyptic adventure on Planet Hulk, Amadeus Cho returns to Earth – but the raging monster inside of him has been unchained, leading to dire consequences for anybody who crosses the Formerly Awesome Hulk’s path! Collects Incredible Hulk #714-717, and World War Hulk #1.
The adventures of Amadeus Cho continue in Champions, it’s time for Bruce Banner to come back full time.
VIII. The Immortal Hulk
- Avengers: No Surrender – When the Earth is stolen, it triggers the end of an era for its Mightiest Heroes! (And Banner makes is comeback) Collects: Avengers 675-690.
- Immortal Hulk: Or Is He Both? – You know Bruce Banner. He’s quiet, calm, never complains. He’s a man who believes he can use the darkest elements of his personality to do good in the world. If someone were to shoot him in the head… All he’d do is die. But the horror lives deeper. A horror that refuses to die. Collects Immortal Hulk #1–5, and material from Avengers #684.
- Immortal Hulk: The Green Door – Bruce Banner is alive and on the loose – and now the entire world knows it. Soon the Hulk finds himself hunted once again. Collects Immortal Hulk #6–10.
- Immortal Hulk: Hulk in Hell – Planet Earth is in Hell. We are all in Hell… and so is the Immortal Hulk . Collects Immortal Hulk #11–15.
- Immortal Hulk: Abomination – Rick Jones is dead and gone. And the immortal Hulk wants to know why. Collects Immortal Hulk #16–20.
- Immortal Hulk: Breaker of Worlds – It’s the final showdown – Bruce Banner versus General Fortean, a man willing to do whatever it takes to destroy the Immortal Hulk once and for all. Collects Immortal Hulk #21–25.
- Immortal Hulk: We Believe In Bruce Banner – With a new base of power at his command, the Immortal Hulk has decided to stop smashing the world and start changing it. Collects Immortal Hulk #26–30.
The story continues…