By the writer of the Will Trent book series.
What is the Grant County series about?
Written by American crime writer Karin Slaughter, Grant County is a thriller series set in the fictional town of Heartsdale, Georgia, (in the fictional Grant County).
The narrative takes place from the perspective of three main characters: Sara Linton, the town’s pediatrician and part-time coroner; her ex-husband, Jeffrey Tolliver, who is chief of police; and his subordinate, detective Lena Adams.
Grant County Books in Order:
- Blindsighted – A sadistic rapist turned killer is terrorizing Grant County, and the chief of police, Sara’s ex-husband Jeffrey Tolliver, must find him. But he’s not alone. Lena Adams wants to see justice done, since her sister was the first victim. Sara, too, cannot escape the terror. A secret from her past could hold the key to finding the killer—unless he finds her first.
- Kisscut – Saturday night dates at the skating rink have been a tradition in the small southern town of Heartsdale for as long as anyone can remember, but when a teenage quarrel explodes into a deadly shoot-out, Sara Linton—the town’s pediatrician and medical examiner—finds herself entangled in a terrible tragedy.Then a young girl is abducted, and it becomes clear that the first death is linked to an even more brutal crime, one far more shocking than anyone could have imagined.
- A Faint Cold Fear – Sara Linton is called out to an apparent suicide on the local college campus. The mutilated body provides little in the way of clues but for Sara and police chief Jeffrey Tolliver, things don’t add up. Two more suspicious suicides follow, and a young woman is brutally attacked. And as Jeffrey pursues the sadistic killer, he discovers that ex-police detective Lena Adams may be in possession of crucial information. But Lena seems to be barely capable of protecting herself, let alone saving the next victim.
- Indelible – Two armed men enter the police station and open fire. When the shooting stops, an officer is dead, Police Chief Jeffrey Tolliver is seriously wounded, and the survivors are held hostage. In a tense standoff that could erupt at any moment into more bloodletting, Sara must search for answers when another brutal, shocking crime shattered their small-town world. Because the sins of the past have caught up with Sara and Jeffrey… with a vengeance.
- Faithless – A walk in the woods takes a sinister turn for police chief Jeffrey Tolliver and medical examiner Sara Linton when they stumble across the body of a young girl. Detective Lena Adams, talented but increasingly troubled, is called in from vacation to help with the investigation – and the trail soon lead to the neighboring county, an isolated community, and a terrible secret…
- Beyond Reach/Skin Privilege – Detective Lena Adams is accused of a vicious murder. A hundred miles away, Police Chief Jeffrey Tolliver learns that his young detective has been arrested. And Jeffrey’s wife, medical examiner Sara Linton, is fighting a heartbreaking malpractice suit, is thrust into the center of a bizarre and murderous case.
Also : Undone/Genesis
Third in the Will Trent series, the book is a sort of follow-up to Beyond Reach, as you reconnect with Dr. Sara Linton after the explosive ending.