What an ex-Israeli spy does when he retired? He becomes an Italian art restorer!
Who is Gabriel Allon?
Gabriel Allon is the main protagonist in Daniel Silva series. Ex-Israeli intelligence operative, he now lives under the cover of an Italian art restorer, Mario Delvecchio, in Cornwall, while working for a London-based art dealer.
Of course, Gabriel is pulled back in the world of espionage and must stop terrorists when he doesn’t work in the art world.
Gabriel Allon Books in Order:
- The Kill Artist – Immersed in the quiet life of an art restorer, former Israeli intelligence operative Gabriel Allon keeps his past well behind him. But now he is being called back into the game—and teamed with an agent who hides behind her own mask…as a beautiful fashion model. Their target: a cunning terrorist on one last killing spree.
- The English Assassin – Art restorer and sometime spy Gabriel Allon is asked to visit Zurich, to clean the work of an Old Master for a millionaire banker. But when he gets there he finds the corpse of his client in a pool of blood beneath the masterpiece, and discovers that a secret collection of priceless paintings is missing.
- The Confessor – In Munich, a Jewish scholar is assassinated. In Venice, Gabriel Allon receives the news and leaves immediately. And at the Vatican, the new pope vows to uncover the truth about the church’s response to the Holocaust-while a powerful cardinal plots his next move. Now, as Allon follows a trail of secrets and unthinkable deeds, the lives of millions are changed forever…
- A Death in Vienna – Gabriel Allon is sent to Vienna to discover the truth behind a bombing that killed an old friend, but while there he encounters something that turns his world upside down. While desperately searching for answers, Allon will uncover a portrait of evil stretching across sixty years and thousands of lives…
- Prince of Fire – After an explosion in Rome destroys the Israeli embassy, Gabriel Allon makes a disturbing discovery—the existence of a dossier in terrorist hands that strips away his secrets, and lays bare his history. Allon finds himself stalking a master terrorist across a bloody landscape generations in the making.
- The Messenger – An al-Qaeda suspect is killed in London, and photographs are found on his computer—photographs that lead Israeli intelligence to suspect that al-Qaeda is planning one of its most audacious attacks ever. Allon and his colleagues soon find themselves in a deadly duel of wits against one of the most dangerous men in the world.
- The Secret Servant – While in Amsterdam, Gabriel Allon discovers a plot that is about to explode in the middle of London. The daughter of the American ambassador is to be brutally kidnapped. But Gabriel arrives too late to save her. And when he reveals his face to the plot’s masterminds, his fate is sealed as well.
- Moscow Rules – Behind the walls of the Kremlin, critics of the ruling class are ruthlessly silenced. And a new generation of Stalinists plots to reclaim an empire. One of those men is Ivan Kharkov, ex-KGB, who built a financial empire on the rubble of the Soviet Union. And he is about to deliver Russia’s most sophisticated weapons to the United States’ most dangerous enemy, unless Gabriel Allon can stop him.
- The Defector – Grigori Bulganov once saved Gabriel Allon’s life in Moscow—and Allon always repays his debts. So when the former Russian intelligence officer vanishes, Allon gathers his team of operatives to go after those responsible.
- The Rembrandt Affair – Having retreated to the windswept cliffs of Cornwall with his beautiful wife, Gabriel Allon’s seclusion is interrupted by an eccentric London art dealer with a problem. An art restorer has been brutally murdered and a portrait by Rembrandt stolen.
- Portrait of a Spy – Bombings in Paris and Copenhagen have put him on edge and when Gabriel notices a man exhibiting several traits common to suicide bombers, he follows him. Before he can draw his sidearm, he is knocked to the pavement by two plain-clothes police officers. A moment later he looks up to find a scene from his nightmares.
- The Fallen Angel – Gabriel Allon is called upon to investigate a murder at the Vatican, one with disastrous repercussions that could plunge the world into a conflict of apocalyptic proportions.
- The English Girl – When a beautiful young British woman vanishes on the island of Corsica, a prime minister’s career is threatened with destruction. Allon is thrust into a game of shadows where nothing is what it seems…
- The Heist – Master novelist Daniel Silva has thrilled readers with sixteen thoughtful and gripping spy novels featuring a diverse cast of compelling characters and ingenious plots that have taken them around the globe and back—from the United States to Europe, Russia to the Middle East. His brilliant creation, Gabriel Allon—art restorer, assassin, spy—has joined the pantheon of great fictional secret agents, including George Smiley, Jack Ryan, Jason Bourne, and Simon Templar.
- The English Spy – Gabriel Allon is in Venice when he receives an urgent call from the Italian police. The art dealer Justin Isherwood has stumbled upon a chilling murder scene, and is being held as a suspect. To save his friend, Gabriel must track down the world’s most iconic missing painting.
- The Black Widow – Gabriel Allon is poised to become the chief of Israel’s secret intelligence service. But on the eve of his promotion, events conspire to lure him into the field for one final operation. ISIS has detonated a massive bomb in the Marais district of Paris, and a desperate French government wants Gabriel to eliminate the man responsible before he can strike again.
- House of Spies – Four months after the deadliest attack on the American homeland since 9/11, terrorists leave a trail of carnage through London’s glittering West End. The attack is a brilliant feat of planning and secrecy, but with one loose thread. The thread leads Gabriel Allon and his team of operatives to the south of France and to the gilded doorstep of Jean-Luc Martel and Olivia Watson.
- The Other Woman – In an isolated village in the mountains of Andalusia, a mysterious Frenchwoman begins work on a dangerous memoir. It is the story of a man she once loved in the Beirut of old, and a child taken from her in treason’s name. The woman is the keeper of the Kremlin’s most closely guarded secret. Long ago, the KGB inserted a mole into the heart of the West—a mole who stands on the doorstep of ultimate power. Gabriel Allon is lured into the hunt for the traitor after his most important asset inside Russian intelligence is brutally assassinated while trying to defect in Vienna.
- The New Girl – At an exclusive private school in Switzerland, mystery surrounds the identity of the beautiful girl who is said to be the daughter of a wealthy international businessman. She is not. And when she is brutally kidnapped across the border in the Haute-Savoie region of France, Gabriel Allon is thrust into a deadly secret war with an old enemy that will determine the future of the Middle East—and perhaps the world…
- The Order – Gabriel Allon has slipped quietly into Venice for a much-needed holiday with his wife and two young children. But when Pope Paul VII dies suddenly, Gabriel is summoned to Rome by the Holy Father’s loyal private secretary, Archbishop Luigi Donati. A billion Catholic faithful have been told that the pope died of a heart attack. Donati, however, has two good reasons to suspect his master was murdered.