Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
It’s a world of Fae out there!
What the Fever Series is about?
The Fever series revolves around MacKayla Lane, a 20-something living an ordinary life in small-town Georgia, until her sister is brutally murdered while studying abroad in Ireland. MacKayla’s only clue to what happened to her sister is a cryptic message on her cell phone.
She decides to take a plane to Ireland to obtain some answers. Her quest draws her into the realm of the Fae…
It is the official beginning of the Fever Series, but not to the world of Fae, as Karen Marie Moning wrote about it in her prior book series.
How to read the Fever Series in Order?
I. The Highlander Series, a (Sort of) prequel to the Fever Series
A series of romance novels set in medieval Scotland, The Highlander series can be considered a prequel to the Fever Series. The books introduce the world of the Fae and members of the MacKeltar family, which appears in the second part of the Fever Series.
- Beyond the Highland Mist – He was known throughout the kingdom as Hawk, a legendary predator of the battlefield and the boudoir. No woman could refuse his touch, but no woman ever stirred his heart – until a vengeful fairy tumbled Adrienne di Simone out of modern-day Seattle and into medieval Scotland. Captive in a century not her own, entirely too bold, too outspoken, she was an irresistible challenge to the sixteenth-century rogue.
- To Tame a Highland Warrior – Gavrael McIllioch abandoned his name and his Highland castle to escape the dark fate of his ancestors. Calling himself Grimm to protect the people he cared for, he vowed never to acknowledge his love for Jillian St. Clair. Yet even from afar, he watched over her, and when her father sent an urgent summons, “Come for Jillian,” he raced to her side —into a competition to win her hand in marriage.
- The Highlander’s Touch – When she touches a newly arrived artifact and opens her eyes at the museum she works, Lisa Stone is shocked to find the warrior Circenn Brodie with rippling muscles towering over her. She has called under an ancient spell and has been transported back to 1308 Scotland. Now Lisa must make a life—and century—altering decision, as she realizes there is a heart beneath the savage exterior of Circenn Brodie.
- Kiss of the Highlander – Enchanted by a powerful spell, Highland laird Drustan MacKeltar slumbered for nearly five centuries hidden deep in a cave, until an unlikely savior awakened him. Gwen Cassidy had come to Scotland to shake up her humdrum life and, just maybe, meet a man. How could she have known that a tumble down a Highland ravine would send her plunging into an underground cavern — to land atop the most devastatingly seductive man she’d ever seen? Or that once he’d kissed her, he wouldn’t let her go?
- The Dark Highlander – A sixteenth-century Scot trapped between worlds, Dageus is fighting a losing battle with the thirteen Druids who possess his soul, dooming him to an eternity of sexual pursuit. When Chloe Zanders, a student of antiquities, is drawn into his world, she finds the insatiable alpha male an irresistible lure. Before long, she is caught up in an ancient prophecy that will sweep her back into time to medieval Scotland.
- The Immortal Highlander – When a curse strips him of his immortality and makes him invisible, Adam’s only hope for survival is in the hands of the one woman who can actually see him. Law student Gabrielle O’Callaghan is cursed with the ability to see both worlds: Mortal and Faery. Now, no matter how hard Gabby tries to avoid him, Adam is everywhere, invisible to all but her. Adam’s quest to regain his immortality plunges them into a world of timeless magic and the deadly politics of the Faery queen’s court, the price of surrender could be their very lives.
- Spell of the Highlander – Heir to the arcane magic of his Druid ancestors, eleven centuries ago Cian MacKeltar was trapped inside the Dark Glass, one of four coveted Unseelie Hallows, objects of unspeakable power. When the Dark Glass is stolen, an ancient enemy will stop at nothing to reclaim it, destroying everything in his path–including the one woman who may just hold the key to breaking the ninth-century Highlander’s dark spell.
- Into The Dreaming – Haunted every night of her life by a devastatingly sexy Highlander who comes to her while she sleeps, Jane tries to write him out of her head and heart. But when an ancient tapestry bearing the likeness of her beloved Highlander arrives on her doorstep, Jane is whisked back in time to fifteenth-century Scotland, to the castle of Dun Haakon on the isle of Skye, where she is given one chance to save her dream lover… or lose him forever to the Unseelie king.
II. The Fever Series
MacKayla Lane enters the dangerous world of Fae after her sister’s death…
- Darkfever – When her sister is murdered in Ireland, MacKayla Lane’s quest to find her sister’s killer draws her into a shadowy realm where nothing is as it seems. She is soon faced with an even greater challenge: staying alive long enough to learn how to handle a power she had no idea she possessed–a gift that allows her to see beyond the world of man, into the dangerous realm of the Fae…. Bonus: The Alpha Alternative – This is chapter 4 of Darkfever (book #1) from Jericho Barrons point of view. You can find it in Burned.
- Bloodfever – In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous.
- Faefever – When MacKayla Lane receives a page torn from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil that it corrupts anyone who touches it. Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.
- Dreamfever – Captured by the Fae Lord Master, MacKayla Lane is left with no memory of who or what she is. Clawing her way back from oblivion is only the first step Mac must take down a perilous path, from the battle-filled streets of Dublin to the treacherous politics of an ancient, secret sect, through the tangled lies of men who claim to be her allies into the illusory world of the Fae themselves, where nothing is as it seems.
- Shadowfever – In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. From the luxury of the Lord Master’s penthouse to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac’s journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and to make a choice that will either save the world … or destroy it.
- Fever Moon: The Fear Dorcha – Graphic Novel. The walls between humans and Fae are down. A third of the world’s population is dead and chaos reigns. Imprisoned over half a million years ago, the Unseelie are free and each one Mac meets is worse than the last. With a blood moon hanging low over the city of Dublin, something dark and sinister begins to hunt the streets of Temple Bar, choosing its victims by targeting those closest to Mac. Armed only with the Spear of Destiny and Jericho Barrons, she must face her most terrifying enemy yet.
III. Fever World Series
Enter the Fever world in the company of Dani “Mega” O’Malley.
- Iced – One year after the wall crash. Dani “Mega” O’Malley possesses rare talents and the all-powerful Sword of Light. In fact, she’s one of the rare humans who can defend themselves against the Unseelie. But now, Dani’s ex-best friend, MacKayla Lane, wants her dead, the terrifying Unseelie princes have put a price on her head, and Inspector Jayne, the head of the police force, is after her sword and will stop at nothing to get it. And when Dublin’s most seductive nightclub gets blanketed in hoarfrost, Dani finds herself at the mercy of Ryodan, the club’s ruthless, immortal owner. He needs her quick wit and exceptional skill to figure out what’s freezing Fae and humans dead in their tracks—and Ryodan will do anything to ensure her compliance.
- Burned – Highland druid Christian MacKeltar has been captured by the Crimson Hag and is being driven deeper into Unseelie madness with each passing day. The only one MacKayla Lane can depend on is the powerful, dangerous immortal Jericho Barrons, but even their fiery bond is tested by betrayal. In a world where staying alive is a constant struggle, the line between good and evil is blurred, and every alliance comes at a price, Mac must decide who she can trust, and what her survival is ultimately worth.
- Feverborn – When the immortal Fae destroyed the ancient wall dividing the worlds of Man and Faery, the very fabric of the universe was damaged, and now Earth is vanishing bit by bit. Only the long-lost Song of Making—a haunting, dangerous melody that is the source of life itself—can save the planet. Now the task of solving the ancient riddle of the Song of Making falls to a band of deadly warriors divided among—and within—themselves. And in the middle of war-torn streets in Dublin, Mac will come face-to-face with her most savage enemy yet: herself.
- Feversong – Black holes loom menacingly over Dublin, threatening to destroy the earth, yet the greatest danger is the one MacKayla Lane has unleashed from within: The Sinsar Dubh—a sentient book of unthinkable evil—has possessed her body and will stop at nothing in its insatiable quest for power. In the battle for Mac’s soul, every decision exacts a tremendous price.
- High Voltage – With the lethal, immortal Ryodan at her side, armed with the epic Sword of Light, Dani once again battles to save the world, but her past comes back to haunt her with a vengeance, demanding an unspeakable price for the power she needs to save the human race. And no one—not even Ryodan, who would move the very stars for her—can save her this time.
- Kingdom of Shadow and Light – From the moment MacKayla Lane arrived in Dublin to hunt her sister’s murderer, she’s had to fight one dangerous battle after the next: to survive, to secure power, to keep her city safe, to protect the people she loves. Now, as High Queen of the Fae, Mac faces her greatest challenge yet: ruling the very race she was born to hunt and kill—a race that wants her dead yesterday, so they can put a pure-blooded Fae queen on the throne.
If you like our article about the Fever series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!
This article was last updated on October 4, 2022.