Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
There’s no need to introduce the FBI…
What are Catherine Coulter’s FBI Thrillers about?
Written by American author Catherine Coulter, this series is about… FBI agents, as you may have guessed. I mean, it’s quite explicit.
These FBI thrillers follow agents as they investigate murder mysteries, kidnappings, and more, mostly based in San Francisco, California.
There are a few recurring protagonists/investigators, the main ones are Dillon Savich and Lacey Sherlock, husband and wife FBI agents and computer specialists.
FBI Thrillers Books in Order:
Every book in Catherine Coulter’s FBI series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other.
- The Cove – Sally Brainerd can’t remember what happened the night her father was murdered. Maybe she did it. Or maybe it was her poor, traumatized mother. Either way, the safest place for her is far away from Washington, D.C.. But while her aunt’s home in The Cove should be a quiet refuge, Sally can’t shake the feeling that there’s something not quite right about the postcard-perfect little town. Despite his target’s checkered past and convenient memory loss, FBI Special Agent James Quinlan isn’t convinced she’s the killer.
- The Maze – Lacey Sherlock’s life is forever changed when her older sister’s body is discovered in an abandoned warehouse. She is the fourth victim of the String Killer, the name given by the media to a murderer who leads his victims into a maze with a ball of twine. Seven years after Belinda’s death, Lacey, now an FBI agent, is paired up with computer whiz Dillon Savich, who has developed a predictive program to aid in the apprehension of serial killers.
- The Target – Hoping to escape unwanted celebrity in the aftermath of a notorious incident, Ramsey Hunt settles in the Rockies. But his isolation is shattered when he stumbles upon a small girl unconscious. Molly Santana, the girl’s mother, catches up with Ramsey and her daughter, mistaking her daughter’s savior for a kidnapper. With an unexpected assist from FBI agents Dillon Savich and Lacey Sherlock, Molly and Ramsey begin to unravel the clues.
- The Edge – After his sister is in a horrible car accident and then vanishes from the hospital, FBI agent Ford MacDougal, along with agents Lacey Sherlock and Dillon Savich, learn that the murder of an elderly woman is linked mysteriously to his sister’s disappearance and they are plunged into a world of evil.
- Riptide – FBI agents Dillon Savich and Lacey Sherlock must protect a young political speechwriter who has received threats against her life. But they could never guess that the danger is already close to his prey-and about to strike. When the governor is shot in the neck, Jessie flees for the safety of coastal Maine, choosing to hide not only from the stalker but also from the authorities.
- Hemlock Bay – Caught up in a challenging probe into the kidnapping of two teenage boys, FBI agent Dillon Savich is faced with personal turmoil when his sister is injured in a serious automobile accident, but when he and his wife, Lacey Sherlock, investigate, they stumble upon an intricate conspiracy involving a fortune in art.
- Eleventh Hour – When FBI agent Dane Carver’s twin brother, Father Michael Joseph, is brutally murdered in his San Francisco church, husband-and-wife agents Lacey Sherlock and Dillon Savich take a personal interest in the investigation. Then Nicola “Nick” Jones, a homeless woman and the only witness to the shooting, is scared out of her mind because she’s trying to hide from her own monsters-who are drawing closer and closer.
- Blind Side – When 6-year-old Sam Kettering manages to escape after being kidnapped, FBI Agents Lacey Sherlock and Dillon Savich join forces with the boy’s father Miles—an ex-FBI agent—to pursue his kidnapper, a creepy, charismatic Southern evangelist. As if the kidnapping case weren’t enough, Savich and Sherlock are at the same time desperate to find the cold-blooded killer of three high school math teachers in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Blow Out – Summoned back from a weekend trip when a prominent judge is murdered the night before a controversial death-penalty case, FBI agents Dillon Savich and Lacey Sherlock tackle a case during which numerous Washington power brokers are targeted.
- Point Blank – Barely surviving a motel bombing while trying to rescue a kidnapped entertainer, FBI agents Dillon Savich and Dane Carver find themselves working against an unstable villain with designs on their families and fellow agents, while agent Ruth Warnecki follows leads about a lost treasure and a murdered music school student to the site of hidden cave.
- Double Take – Violently attacked by a stranger six months after the brutal killing of her beloved husband, Julia Ransom is narrowly rescued by special agent Cheney Stone, who reopens the case of Julia’s husband’s death when he suspects a connection.
- TailSpin – When a fellow agent’s plane crashes deep in the Appalachian Mountains, married FBI agents Savich and Sherlock find the pilot and his passenger alive. But that’s just the beginning of a case that plummets them into a whirlwind of vicious murder attempts, powerful suspects, political secrets, and escalating terror.
- Knock Out – After witnessing her relatives burying a pile of dead bodies in the middle of the night, a seven-year-old uses her telepathic powers to call a man she’s seen only on television: FBI Agent Dillon Savich. Now Savich and his wife and partner, Agent Lacey Sherlock, face their most elusive foes to keep the child out of harm’s way-before it’s too late.
- Whiplash – In Connecticut, the murder of a pharmaceutical bigwig brings in Savich and Sherlock, along with local Agent Bowie Richards and P.I. Erin Pulaski. Back in Washington, an important U.S. senator is terrorized by an unknown entity, and is calling for Savich’s special skills.
- Split Second – A serial killer is on the loose, and it’s up to FBI agents Dillon Savich and Lacey Sherlock to bring him down. They soon discover that the killer has blood ties to an infamous and now long-dead monster. Savich and Sherlock are joined by agents Lucy Carlyle and Cooper McKnight, and the chase is on.
- Backfire – The mysterious note delivered to FBI agent Dillon Savich has him and his partner, Lacey Sherlock, on edge, just as they’re starting an investigation into the shooting of their longtime friend Ramsey Hunt. The San Francisco judge was shot in the back during a high-profile murder trial—and now Sherlock’s and Savich’s search for the truth will take a shocking turn that no one could have seen coming…
- Bombshell – FBI Special Agent Griffin Hammersmith has been recruited by Dillon Savich to join his unit in Washington, D.C. While on his way to D.C., Hammersmith plans to visit his sister, Delsey, a student at Stanislaus School of Music in Maestro, Virginia. Before he arrives, he gets a phone call that Delsey has been found naked and unconscious, lying in a pool of blood, after a wild party. The blood isn’t hers – so to whom does it belong? Griffin must protect Delsey, but from whom?
- Power Play – Natalie Black, the U.S. ambassador to the Court of St. James, has returned to Washington, her job in jeopardy. Her fiancé, George McCallum, Viscount Lockenby, has died in a car accident, and mysterious rumors begin that she’s responsible begin to surface. When she returns to the United States, she’s nearly killed when a car tries to mow her down while she’s out for a run. No one believes her except FBI Special Agent Davis Sullivan.
- Nemesis – When Special Agent Lacey Sherlock foils a terrorist attack at JFK airport, she thinks her job is done and turns the reins over to the New York FBI. But stopping the grenade-carrying crazy was only the beginning. Another plot unfolds nearly simultaneously with a bomb at St. Patrick’s Cathedral. The terrorist at JFK refuses to speak to anyone but Sherlock. She heads back with counterterrorist Special Agent Cal McLain to try to get him to talk.
- Insidious – Venus Rasmussen, a powerful woman who runs the international conglomerate Rasmussen Industries, believes someone is poisoning her. After Savich and Sherlock visit with her, someone attempts to shoot her in broad daylight. Who’s trying to kill her and why?
- Enigma – After Agent Dillon Savich stops a crazy man from harming a pregnant woman, the man unexpectedly falls into a coma. Doctors discover a drug in his blood they can’t identify. Did this John Doe escape from a mental hospital? And why was he at the pregnant woman’s house? When her newborn baby is kidnapped from the hospital, Savich realizes there’s a connection between the kidnapping and the unconscious John Doe.
- Paradox – Chief Ty Christie of Willicott, Maryland, witnesses a murder at dawn from the deck of her cottage on Lake Massey. When dragging the lake, not only do the divers find the murder victim, they also discover dozens of bones. Even more shocking is the identification of a unique belt buckle found among the bones. Working together with Chief Christie, Savich and Sherlock soon discover a frightening connection between the bones and the escaped psychopath.
- Labyrinth – On a Tuesday afternoon, Agent Sherlock is driving in downtown Washington when her Volvo is suddenly T-boned at an intersection. As her car spins out of control, a man’s body slams against her windshield and then—blackness. When she finally regains consciousness in the hospital, she’s told about the accident and the man she struck. No one knows yet who he is or where he is because he ran away.
- Deadlock – A series of three red boxes are delivered personally to Savich at the Hoover Building, each one containing puzzle pieces of a town only FBI agent Pippa Cinelli recognizes. Savich sends in Cinelli to investigate undercover but someone knows who she is. Savich and Sherlock are up to their eyebrows in danger, but can they figure out the red box puzzle and the young wife’s secret before it’s too late?
- Vortex – Seven years ago, Mia Briscoe was at a college frat rave with her best friend Serena when a fire broke out. Everyone was accounted for except Serena, who was never seen nor heard from again. Now an investigative journalist covering the political scene in New York City, Mia discovers old photos taken the night of Serena’s disappearance, and begins to uncover a sinister string of events going all the way back to that disastrous party. Working with Sherlock, the secrets begin to unravel. But some very powerful—and very dangerous—people will do anything to keep them from learning the truth.
- Reckoning – When she was twelve years old, Kirra Mandarian’s parents were murdered and she barely escaped with her life. Fourteen years later Kirra is a commonwealth attorney back home in Porte Franklin, Virginia, and her goal is to find out who killed her parents and why. She assumes the identity of E.N.—Eliot Ness—and gathers proof to bring down the man she believes was behind her parents’ deaths. She quickly learns that big-time criminals are very dangerous indeed and realizes she needs Dillon Savich’s help. Savich brings in Special Agent Griffin Hammersmith to work with Lieutenant Jeter Thorpe, the young detective who’d saved Kirra years before.
If you like our article about Catherine Coulter’s FBI series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!
So, do you have to read these in order??
You don’t have to, I have read a bunch of them and just now got my hands on the second one. It explains a lot!
I just read The Final Cut a new author for me. Fell in love with the story loved it. Exciting
Then I read The Lost Key another good thriller. I’m hooked. Going to get all her books.
I love these books, because my maiden name is Sherlock.
Most of all I love these FBI series the most.