By the author of the Patrick McLanahan series.
What is the Dreamland series about?
Written by American writer and aviator Dale Brown and Jim Defelice, the Dreamland series is a techno-thriller/spy series.
As the official tells it: “Hidden in the Nevada desert is America’s most advanced aerospace weapons-testing facility. Dreamland is the place where the nation’s top minds come to develop artillery and aircraft that push beyond the cutting edge. And where the Air Force’s top guns come to test them—on the front lines of a new era in warfare…”
Dreamland Books in Order:
- Dreamland – Dreamland is the place where the nation’s top minds come to develop artillery and aircraft that push beyond the cutting edge. The fiasco of a spy’s infiltration has the Pentagon looking for an excuse to close Dreamland down. To clean up the mess—and save Dreamland from the Congressional chopping block—Lt. Colonel William Tecumseh “Dog” Bastian is sent in. He’s just the guy to shake things up…and does when a situation erupts in Somalia.
- Nerve Center – As politicians push for more budget cuts, Colonel “Dog” Bastian must do what he can to salvage a key experimental program known as ANTARES – a method of merging electronic data with a pilot’s natural senses. In need of quick results, a test pilot is hooked into the system – a system that allows him to operate several planes at once directly from his brain. But when he can no longer distinguish reality from computer-induced delusions, Dreamland’s worst nightmare comes to life.
- Razor’s Edge – The weapon is codenamed “Razor”—the brainchild of the brilliant minds at Dreamland—a mobile chemical laser system with a range of 600 kilometers, capable of downing anything that flies. The destruction of an American aircraft over Northern Iraq suggests the inexplicable and unthinkable: a vengeful foe now possesses the lethal technology. It is a fear that draws an old warrior out of retirement, and sends Dreamland’s best pilots to the skies to determine what the enemy has and to help take it away from him.
- Piranha – A showdown between Indian and Chinese navies in the Pacific gives Dreamland the opportunity to test their new remote-operated underwater probe. Using the Piranha for surveillance, the U.S. watches as India and China circle each other like sharks. When the tension erupts into violence, innocent civilians are caught in the fray—and Captain Breanna Stockard is shot down trying to rescue them. To save her, Dreamland rushes an unmanned bomber project off the drawing boards—and in the sky.…
- Strike Zone – An Asian war that would have escalated into a nuclear nightmare has been halted, thanks to the raw courage, unparalleled skill, and total commitment of the Dreamland force. But an analysis of radar data has revealed the presence of an unknown super-weapon in the area: a robot warplane with terrifying capabilities, dubbed the “ghost clone.” Though strikingly similar to Dreamland’s own U/MF Flighthawk, no one knows where this fearsome instrument of destruction originated, but a rogue nation possessing a squadron of them could wreak unimaginable havoc on an unsuspecting free world.
- Armageddon – Whilst relaxing on the beach in Brunei as guests of the Sultan, Dreamland’s Breanna and Zen are shot at, and forced to take cover in the water by unknown assailants. Dreamland are training the Sultan’s air force, instructing them on the newest and best aviation technology. But there are those not happy with this alliance. Suddenly Brunei is under attack from terrorists, and someone somewhere is getting ready for the ultimate revenge.
- Satan’s Tail – As extremist Islamic pirates, armed and supported by a powerful Saudi terrorist, prey on civilian vessels in the Gulf of Aden, America aggressively answers with serious muscle ― a next-generation littoral warship with a full range of automated weapons systems that the enemy has dubbed “Satan’s Tail.” However, unforeseen technological problems mean support is needed from above ― and a pair of Dreamland’s awesome Megafortresses and their Flighthawk escorts are dispatched to the war zone.
- End Game – A volatile U.S. ally has fallen prey to the terrorist beast. India is the target of radical Islamic jihadists, and the world watches breathlessly as tensions escalate between the uneasy giant and its longtime nemesis, Pakistan. A nuclear showdown seems inevitable, unless the masterminds at Dreamland can get to the mysterious source of the terror and end it, swiftly and permanently.
- Retribution – The Dreamland team has used stealth, raw nerve, and technology to defuse nightmares all across the globe. But now the darkness is racing toward America at blinding speed. With more than two dozen nuclear devices unaccounted for, the global masters of terror have set a catastrophe in motion: a surprise attack more deadly than Pearl Harbor and 9/11 combined.
- Revolution – Masters of astonishing military technology that enables them to deploy almost instantaneously to any part of the Earth, the Dreamland team must now stop a dangerous revolution in the making in Eastern Europe—where a mysterious group of insurgents has blown up an essential pipeline, thereby disrupting Europe’s gas supply. With NATO and the EU paralyzed by the crisis, it falls to Dreamland’s best and brightest to keep the world from the brink of another Cold War.
- Whiplash – Hiding behind the bloody madness of tribal warfare in the Horn of Africa, Iranian functionary-turned-fanatic Bani Aberhadji has achieved the impossible—single-handedly creating a vast, invisible network dedicated to the construction, delivery, and detonation of a nuclear nightmare. Born from the ashes of Dreamland, the covert strike force Whiplash is armed and ready to spring into action. But Aberhadji’s web of death is wide and well concealed . . . and the doomsday clock is ticking.
- Black Wolf – Tasked by the President to handle the country’s most deadly and sensitive jobs, the elite SpecWarfare unit marries muscle to technological prowess. But can even Whiplash stand up to a covert Russian army of genetically enhanced assassins known only as the Wolves?
- Raven Strike – Dreamland’s elite Whiplash unit is called to action when an illegal CIA black ops mission goes frighteningly wrong in Africa and a powerful weapon of mass destruction falls into terrorist hands.
- Collateral Damage – When the United States Air Force is drawn into conflict in Libya after the fall of Muammar Gaddafi, Dreamland’s Whiplash intervention team wields its latest invention—a highly advanced unmanned aerial drone—with tragic consequences. Now it’s not only the future of Dreamland at stake—but NATO as well.
- Drone Strike – When the U.S. develops intelligence showing that Iran is in the final stages of assembling a nuclear bomb, the President orders Breanna Stockard and the Whiplash team to destroy it before the renegade nation can destabilize the shaky Middle East.
- Target Utopia – When Muslim extremists are found with a mysterious UAV in the Malaysian part of Borneo, Colonel Danny Freah and his Whiplash team are sent to investigate. They discover that Dreamland’s drone technology has been stolen. Who has betrayed them?
- Puppet Master – Louis Massina is revolutionizing the field of robotics. His technological wonders are capable of locating disaster survivors, preventing nuclear meltdowns, and replacing missing limbs. After one of Massina’s creations makes a miraculous rescue, an FBI agent recruits him to pursue criminals running a massive financial scam – and, not coincidentally, suspected of killing the agent’s brother. Massina agrees to deploy a surveillance bot that uses artificial intelligence to follow its target. But when he’s thrust into a dangerous conspiracy, the billionaire inventor decides to take matters into his own hands.
- Act of Revenge – On Easter Sunday morning, the city of Boston is struck by a widespread and coordinated series of terrorist attacks: an explosion in the T, a suicide bomber at Back Bay Police Station, and heavily armed gunmen taking hostages at the Patriot Hotel. For robotics innovator Louis Massina, aka the Puppet Master, this is far more personal than a savage act of political terrorism.