The Diva solves murder mysteries!
What is the Domestic Diva series about?
Coming from American author Krista Davis, the Domestic Diva series is a cozy mystery series set in Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia.
The series focuses on Sophie Winston who loves to entertain her friends but she keeps things simple. When it comes to murder, though, this domestic diva knows how to dig up dirt.
Recipes and entertaining tips included!
Domestic Diva Books in Order:
Each book in the Domestic Diva series is offering a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one book to the other.
- The Diva Runs Out of Thyme – Few can compete with local celebrity Natasha Smith when it comes to entertaining, but Sophie Winston is determined to try. Her childhood rival may have stolen the spotlight—and her husband—but this Thanksgiving Sophie is determined to rob Natasha of the prize for Alexandria, Virginia’s Stupendous Stuffing Shakedown. She just needs the right ingredient. But Sophie’s search for the perfect turkey takes a basting when she stumbles across a corpse. And when the police find her name and photo inside the victim’s car, Sophie will have to set her trussing aside to solve the murder—or she’ll be serving up prison grub…
- The Diva Takes the Cake – Sophie Winston’s sister, Hannah, is getting married—again! And if you ask Sophie, her future brother-in-law is no prince. But is he a killer? That’s the question on everyone’s mind when his ex-wife is found hanging from a pergola. This is one event Sophie and her sister hadn’t planned on.
- The Diva Paints the Town – Sophie Winston’s reclusive neighbor, Professor Mordecai Artemus, has died and left his sprawling home to his Pomeranian. Natasha has descended on the house with a crew of interior designers and contractors to renovate the place for the statewide Spring Home and Garden Tour. Even Sophie’s been assigned a room to decorate: the family room, where the Professor did most of his living—and where he died. In the midst of cleaning, spackling, and painting, Sophie uncovers a second body—but when next she looks it’s disappeared!
- The Diva Cooks a Goose – It promises to be a jolly holiday for Sophie until a Scrooge steals the Christmas gifts from her family and neighbors. The evil elf even pinches their Christmas dinners! Sophie quickly ends the neighbors’ finger-pointing by organizing a toy swap for the kids, restoring the spirit of Christmas. But not for long…
- The Diva Haunts the House – Sophie’s decorations for a community haunted house are so good, it’s scary. Not to be outdone, rival domestic diva Natasha is throwing a spooktacular Halloween party at her house. But when Sophie arrives, she discovers one of Natasha’s guests dead in a hair-raising Halloween display, and a pale, fanged partygoer fleeing the scene.
- The Diva Digs Up the Dirt – Determined not to be a garden-variety diva, Sophie’s neighbor, Natasha, cultivates a plan to shine on television—using Sophie’s backyard. As the cast and crew of the makeover show Tear It Up With Troy bulldoze through her backyard—and vacation—Sophie retreats to her perennial boyfriend Wolf’s to replace a dead rose bush. But her tender deed goes awry when she digs up a purse belonging to Wolf’s missing wife. As speculations sprout, Wolf bolts, and then a body crops up in a garden. Is Wolf’s thorny past raising a dead head? This is one case the domestic diva can’t let wither on the vine…
- The Diva Frosts a Cupcake – Sophie and her BFF, Nina Reid Norwood, share a sweet spot for animals. So Sophie is delighted to help when Nina cooks up Cupcakes and Pupcakes—a fund-raising event for animal shelters. But Old Town is in for a whole batch of trouble when a partner leaves Sugar Baby Bakery and unveils her competing cupcakery, Sugar Mama, precisely as the fundraiser gets underway. Just as it seems nothing else can go wrong, Sugar Baby’s sole remaining employee is found dead.
- The Diva Wraps It Up – The holidays are Sophie Winston’s favorite time of year. But this season, there seem to be more mishaps than mistletoe. First, Horace Scroggins tumbles from a balcony during his office Christmas party. Then, Sophie’s neighbor takes a fall from his ladder while decorating his roof with lights. But it’s the cookie swap that really starts her wondering who’s naughty or nice…
- The Diva Steals a Chocolate Kiss – Domestic Diva Sophie Winston is in charge of the sweetest event in Old Town this summer. Amore Chocolates is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary with a chocolate tasting at the mansion of the company’s CEO, Joe Merano—and Sophie is running the show. With cookies, candy, and five kinds of chocolate cake, it’s a chocolate lover’s dream! But when Joe goes missing, the celebration becomes bittersweet. And when Sophie discovers the body of a competing chocolatier in the guesthouse, the event turns downright deadly.
- The Diva Serves High Tea – When The Parlour opens up in town, domestic diva Sophie Winston finally has a place to satisfy her cravings for all things tea and crumpet related. And the shop serves as the perfect place for the ladies of the town to gather and gossip, especially since it’s conveniently located right across the street from the new antique store run by the handsome and charming Robert Johnson. But speculation around Robert really boils over when he’s found dead.
- The Diva Cooks up a Storm – Sophie Winston can whip up an elaborate event in her sleep, but she rarely gets to enjoy the pampered guest treatment. Luckily, her best friend just looped her in to the latest culinary craze: a pop-up gourmet dinner party. The celebrity chef, epicurean menu, and high-profile attendees are all a surprise, turning the decadent dining experience into the hottest ticket in Old Town Alexandria. Sophie’s just pleased as punch to join in the fun—until the posh party proves to be a recipe for disaster.
- The Diva Sweetens the Pie – Nothing heats up Old Town quite like the annual Pie Festival, and this year is no exception, especially since Sophie’s professional rival, Natasha Smith, is barred from participating. Sophie, meanwhile, has been asked to oversee the pie-eating contest. But the drama really rolls out when celebrity judge, Patsy Lee Presley, host of television’s most popular cooking show, bites the crust during the competition, and Sophie’s friends are suspected of the crime.
- The Diva Spices It Up – Sophie never considered ghostwriting as a side gig, until former actress and aspiring lifestyle guru, Tilly Stratford, trophy wife of Wesley Winthrope, needs someone to write her celebrity cookbook. Sophie agrees, hoping she’ll earn enough bread on this assignment to finish her bathroom renovations. But as it turns out, Sophie isn’t the first foodie to get a taste for recipe ghostwriting, and if the marginalia is any indication, this project could be a killer . . .
- The Diva Serves Forbidden Fruit – With Old Town’s DIY Home Decorating Festival in full swing, Sophie’s swamped, juggling a bumper crop of artisans, antique dealers, and decorators for the busy street fair. Still, when her best friend Nina suddenly needs a ride from the airport, Sophie is happy to help . . . until she sees Nina disembarking in a state of disarray. It’s obvious the trip to Portugal soured somewhere along the way. But after one of Nina’s traveling companions turns up murdered the following day, Sophie knows something is truly rotten . . .
- The Diva Says Cheesecake! – Old Town’s midsummer festivities are getting a tasty addition this year. To coincide with a public performance of Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” Bobbie Sue Bodoin, the Queen of Cheesecake, has hired Sophie to organize a dinner with a dessert buffet on the waterfront. Bobbie Sue’s homegrown company is thriving, and since her baking dish overfloweth, she wants to reward her employees.
If our article about the Domestic Diva Series in Order is useful to you, don’t forget to bookmark it!