The DI Adam Fawley novels are thrillers coming from British author Cara Hunter from Oxford–the city where the series takes place.
Indeed, DI Fawley and his Thames Valley Team are working dark and twisty murder cases in the street of the same city as Inspector Morse did.
How to read the DI Fawley Series in Order?
Every novel in the DCI Fawley book series is offering a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one book to the other.
- Close to Home – Last night, eight-year-old Daisy Mason disappeared from a family party. No one in the quiet suburban street saw anything – or at least that’s what they’re saying. DI Adam Fawley is trying to keep an open mind. But he knows that nine times out of ten, it’s someone the victim knew. That means someone is lying… And that Daisy’s time is running out.
- In The Dark – A woman and child are found locked in a basement room, barely alive. No one knows who they are – the woman can’t speak, and there are no missing person reports that match their profile. The elderly man who owns the house claims he has never seen them before. The inhabitants of the quiet Oxford street are in shock. How could this happen right under their noses? But DI Adam Fawley knows that nothing is impossible. And that no one is as innocent as they seem…
- No Way Out – The Christmas holidays, and two children have just been pulled from the wreckage of their burning home in North Oxford. The toddler is dead, and his brother is soon fighting for his life. Why were they left in the house alone? Where is their mother, and why is their father not answering his phone? Then new evidence is discovered, and DI Fawley’s worst nightmare comes true.
- All the Rage – Faith Appleford was attacked, a plastic bag tied over her head, taken to an isolated location . . . and then, by some miracle, she escaped. What’s more, when DC Erica Somer interviews Faith, she quickly becomes convinced that Faith knows who her abductor is. Yet Faith refuses to press charges. Without more evidence, it’s looking like the police may have to drop the case.
- The Whole Truth – When an Oxford student accuses one of the university’s professors of sexual assault, DI Adam Fawley’s team thinks they’ve heard it all before. But they couldn’t be more wrong. Because this time, the predator is a woman and the shining star of the department, and the student is a six-foot male rugby player. Soon DI Fawley and his team are up against the clock to figure out the truth. What they don’t realize is that someone is watching.
- Hope to Die – It looks like a burglary gone wrong, but DI Adam Fawley suspects there’s something more to it. When the police discover a connection to a high-profile case from years ago, involving a child’s murder and an alleged miscarriage of justice, the press goes wild. Suddenly Fawley’s team is under more scrutiny than ever before. And when you dig up the past, you’re sure to find a few skeletons…
If our article about the DI Fawley Series in Order is useful to you, don’t forget to bookmark it! If you want some thrillers in the same category, look at Lisa Jewell’s books.