Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
All of Debbie Macomber’s Books in Order!
Who is Debbie Macomber?
Debbie Macomber is a best-selling American author known for her romance novels – she also writes contemporary women’s fiction – who published her first book, Starlight, in 1983.
Since then, she wrote more than 150 books, some have even become made-for-TV movies and the Cedar Cove series of novels was adapted into a television series by the Hallmark Channel. A lot of those novels are taking place in small, rural towns inspired by her own hometown, Port Orchard, Washington.
Even if she became known for her romance novels, Debbie Macomber now focuses more on women and their friendships. She likes to write about optimistic women and to leave the readers with “a feeling of hope and happy expectation.”
How to read Debbie Macomber’s Books in Order?
The Oceanside Series
A seaside town helps one young woman reclaim the light after darkness…
The Cedar Cove Series
Discover this community, from Olivia Lockhart, a family court judge to Jo Marie, seeking a fresh start. There’s also Jack Griffith, editor of the local newspaper, Grace Sherman, Olivia’s librarian best friend, private detective Roy McAfee and his wife, Corrie, and more…
For more information, go to our Cedar Cove Reading Order.
- 16 Lighthouse Road (2001)
- 204 Rosewood Lane (2002)
- 311 Pelican Court (2003)
- 44 Cranberry Point (2004)
- 50 Harbor Street (2005)
- 5-B Poppy Lane (2008) – available in the anthology Christmas in Cedar Cove.
- 6 Rainier Drive (2006)
- 74 Seaside Avenue (2007)
- 8 Sandpiper Way (2008)
- A Cedar Cove Christmas (2008)
- 92 Pacific Boulevard (2009)
- 1022 Evergreen Place (2010)
- 1105 Yakima Street (2011)
- 1225 Christmas Tree Lane (2011)
- Welcome Back to Cedar Cove (2021)
Rose Harbor Series, a Cedar Cove Spin-off
This series takes place in Cedar Cove with a new cast of characters but with returning favorites from the original series.
- When First They Met (2012) – Available exclusively as an ebook.
- The Inn At Rose Harbor (2012)
- Lost and Found in Cedar Cove (2013) – Available exclusively as an eBook.
- Rose Harbor in Bloom (2014)
- Love Letters (2015)
- Falling for Her (2015) – Available exclusively as an eBook.
- Silver Linings (2015)
- Sweet Tomorrows (2016)
The Blossom Street Series
The Blossom Street Series begins with Lydia Hoffman, a woman who has opened A Good Yarn Shop on Blossom Street. The shop represents her dream of a new beginning; a life free from cancer and the serendipity that comes from taking chances. Each book in this series introduces different women, brought together by the age-old craft of knitting, who make unexpected discoveries—about themselves and each other. Discoveries that lead to friendship and acceptance, to laughter and fulfillment of their dreams.
For more information, go to our Blossom Street Reading Order.
- The Shop on Blossom Street (2004)
- What Amanda Wants —Short story available on Stories of the Heart.
- A Good Yarn (2005)
- Susannah’s Garden (2006)
- Christmas Letters (2006)
- Back on Blossom Street (2007)
- Twenty Wishes (2008)
- Summer on Blossom Street (2009)
- The Twenty-First Wish (novella)
- Hannah’s List (2010)
- A Turn in the Road (2011)
- Starting Now (2013)
- Blossom Street Brides (2014)
- Blossom Street Dreams: A Collection of Debbie Macomber Short Stories – A collection of three new short stories from author Debbie Macomber, including a return to the beloved Blossom Street series. First published in Macomber’s Digital Magazine, these heartwarming stories are now available exclusively in this collection.
Blossom Street Kids (kids spin-off writen with Mary Lou Carney)
The New Beginnings Series in Order
An inspiring series of stories about friendship, reinvention, and hope. These stories affirm the ability of every woman to forge a new path, believe in love, and fearlessly find happiness.
The Dakota Series in Order
Like many small towns, Buffalo Valley is dying. Stores are boarded up, sidewalks are cracked, houses are in need of a coat of paint. But despite all that, there’s a spirit of hope here, of defiance. The few people still left here are fighting for their town.
- Dakota Farm (aka The Farmer Takes a Wife, 2013)
- Dakota Born (1999)
- Dakota Home (2000)
- Always Dakota (2000)
- Buffalo Valley (2001)
The Heart of Texas Series in Order
Welcome to Promise, Texas. It’s a ranching town in the Texas hill country—and it’s a place with a mysterious past. But Promise has a heart of goodness, and everyone here knows what really matters in life: love, family, and community.
- Lonesome Cowboy (1998)
- Texas Two-step (1998)
- Caroline’s Child (1998)
- Dr. Texas (1998)
- Nell’s Cowboy (1998)
- Lone Star Baby (1998)
- Promise, Texas (1999)
- Return to Promise (2000)
The Deliverance Company Series in Order
Meet three hardened mercenaries who live on adrenaline outside “polite” society. That is, until one by one they are hired to help the one woman who turns their world up-side down.
The Midnight Sons Series in Order
In Alaska, the three O’Halloran brothers run a bush-plane charter service called Midnight Sons and are heading a campaign to bring women to town (which until now was mostly populated with men).
- Brides for Brothers (1995)
- The Marriage Risk (1995)
- Daddy’s Little Helper (1995)
- Because of the Baby (1996)
- Falling for Him (1996)
- Ending in Marriage (1996)
- Midnight Sons and Daughters (2010)
- Alaska Skies collects Brides for Brothers & The Marriage Risk.
- Alaska Nights collects Daddy’s Little Helper & Because of the Baby.
- Alaska Home collects Falling for Him & Ending in Marriage.
The Angels Everywhere Series in Order
Irrepressible angels, Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy are prayer ambassadors who work miracles for those in their care. Each has a hard time resisting the use of human technology, which sometimes lands them in trouble. However, it gives us humans something to laugh about, which is always much-appreciated.
- A Season of Angels (1994)
- The Trouble with Angels (1994)
- Touched by Angels (1995)
- Shirley, Goodness and Mercy (1999)
- Those Christmas Angels (2003)
- Where Angels Go (2007)
- Angels at the Table (2012)
The Mrs. Miracle Series
Come to know Emily Merkle, lovingly nicknamed Mrs. Miracle, and Harry Mills, endearingly known as Mr. Miracle. These guardian angels are on a mission.
- Mrs. Miracle (1996)
- Call Me Mrs. Miracle (2010)
- Mr. Miracle (2014)
- A Mrs. Miracle Christmas (2019)
- “Christmas Shopping with the Angels” (2022) – short story collected in Holidays with the Angels.
The Dryden Brothers Series
Will a schoolgirl crush ruin one woman’s chance at finding her true love?
From This Day Forward
Married in haste, but no regrets! Three couples marry first and find love later in this heartwarming trilogy.
- First Comes Love (aka Groom Wanted, 1993)
- Head Over Heels (aka Bride Wanted, 1993)
- Unexpectedly in Love (aka Marriage Wanted, 1993)
The Orchard Valley Series in Order
Orchard Valley is home to three delightful sisters and a trio of equally fascinating men.
The Manning Family Series in Order
The story of the Mannings – The sisters Taylor and Christy, and the brothers Jason, Rich, and Paul -, stories of transformation through love.
- The Cowboy’s Lady (1990)
- The Sheriff Takes a Wife (1990)
- Marriage of Inconvenience (1992)
- Stand-in Wife (1992)
- Bride on the Loose (1992)
- Same Time, Next Year (1995)
- Silver Bells (2009)
The Country Brides Series in Order
When a city woman meets a country man…
The Wyoming Series in Order
Two wounded hearts give in to the healing power of love—and learn to trust again.
The Navy Series in Order
These books salute the men and women in the U.S. Navy, and the families and friends who support them. Each is a stand-alone book that can be read in any order.
- Navy Wife (1988)
- Navy Blues (1989)
- Navy Brat (1991)
- Navy Woman (1991)
- Navy Baby (1991)
- Navy Husband (2005)
The Legendary Lovers Series in Order
Debbie Macomber’s delightful take on Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and Snow White (Republished in the Debbie Macomber Classics collection).
- Also in Fairytale Romance: A Collection of Debbie Macomber Classics: Some Kind of Wonderful, Almost Paradise, Cindy and the Prince
The Christmas Novels in Order
The most wonderful time of the year!
- Can This Be Christmas? (1998)
- The Christmas Basket (2002)
- The Snow Bride (2003)
- When Christmas Comes (2004)
- There’s Something About Christmas (2005)
- The Perfect Christmas (2009)
- Starry Night (2013)
- Dashing Through The Snow (2015)
- Twelve Days of Christmas (2016)
- Merry and Bright (2017)
- Alaskan Holiday (2018)
- Jingle All The Way (2020)
- Dear Santa (2021)
- The Christmas Spirit (2022)
- Starlight (1983)
- Girl Like Janet (1984)
- Undercover Dreamer (1984)
- Heartsong (1984)
- That Wintry Feeling (1984)
- Thanksgiving Prayer (1984)
- Gift of Christmas (1984)
- Borrowed Dreams: Alaska (1985)
- Love Thy Neighbor (1985)
- Adam’s Image (1985)
- Promise Me Forever (1985)
- Laughter in the Rain (1985)
- The Trouble with Caasi (1985)
- A Friend or Two (1985)
- Christmas Masquerade (1985)
- Let It Snow (1986)
- The Matchmakers (1986)
- Reflections of Yesterday (1986)
- Shadow Chasing (1986)
- Yesterday’s Hero (1986)
- White Lace and Promises (1986)
- Jury of His Peers (1986)
- Yesterday Once More (1986)
- Friends and Then Some (1986)
- All Things Considered (1987)
- Love by Degree (1987)
- Sugar and Spice (1987)
- Mail-Order Bride (1987)
- No Competition (1987)
- Love ‘N’ Marriage (1987)
- Husband Required (1987)
- Any Sunday (1988)
- The Playboy and the Widow (1988)
- Denim and Diamonds (1989)
- Yours and Mine (1989)
- Almost an Angel (1989)
- For All My Tomorrows (1989)
- The Way to a Man’s Heart (1989)
- Country Bride (1990)
- Fallen Angel (1990)
- Rainy Day Kisses (1990)
- The Courtship of Carol Sommars (1990)
- First Comes Marriage (1991)
- My Funny Valentine (1991)
- Here Comes Trouble (1991)
- Stolen Kisses (1991)
- Father’s Day (1991)
- The Forgetful Bride (1991)
- The Man You’ll Marry (1992)
- My Hero (1992)
- Ready for Romance (1993)
- Morning Comes Softly (1993)
- One Night, Harper (1994)
- Family Affair (1994)
- This Matter of Marriage (1997)
- Three Brides, No Groom (1997)
- Montana (1998)
- Thursdays at Eight (2001)
- Between Friends (2002)
- Changing Habits (2003)
- Any Dream Will Do (2017)
- Window on the Bay (2019)
- It’s Better This Way (2021)
- Married in Texas (2022)
- Must Love Flowers (2023)
- Knit Along with Debbie Macomber (2005)
- Knit Together (2007)
- Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove Cookbook (2009)
- One Simple Act: Discovering the Power of Generosity (2009)
- God’s Guest List: Welcoming Those Who Influence our Lives (2010)
- Debbie Macomber’s Christmas Cookbook (2011)
- One Perfect Word (2012)
- Patterns of Grace: Devotions from the Heart (2012)
- Once Upon a Time: Discovering Our Forever After Story (2013)
- The World of Debbie Macomber: Come Home to Color (2016)
- Debbie Macomber’s Table: Sharing the Joy of Cooking with Family and Friends (2018)
- Be a Blessing: A Journal for Cultivating Kindness, Joy, and Inspiration (2019)
- Debbie Macomber’s Very Merry Christmas Coloring Book (2021)
Debbie Macomber sure wrote a lot of books, don’t forget to bookmark this article to be sure to not miss anything.
This article was last updated on June 13, 2023.