Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
All of Deanna Raybourn’s Books?
Who is Deanna Raybourn?
New York Times bestselling author from Texas, Deanna Raybourn used to teach high school English and history before becoming a full-time writer, starting in 2006 with her first novel, Silent in the Grave.
It was the launch of the successful Lady Julia Grey Series, a Victorian-era mystery series. Deanna Raybourn established herself in the historical novel, with romance, mystery, and more.
In 2015, she published A Curious Beginning, the first installment in her new mystery series following butterfly-hunting sleuth, Veronica Speedwell and her natural historian sidekick, Stoker.
Deanna Raybourn Books in Order:
The Lady Julia Grey Series in Order
Everything began when Lady Julia Grey became a widow. When she realized that the death of her husband was not natural, she entered the world of Nicholas Brisbane, a private inquiry agent. Together, they lead an investigation, then another…
For more information, go to the Lady Julia Grey Reading Order.
- Silent in the Grave (2006) – These ominous words are the last threat that Sir Edward Grey receives from his killer. Before he can show them to Nicholas Brisbane, the private inquiry agent he has retained for his protection, he collapses and dies at his London home. Prepared to accept that Edward’s death was due to a long-standing physical infirmity, Julia Grey is outraged when Brisbane visits and suggests that her husband was murdered…
- Silent in the Sanctuary (2007)
- Silent on the Moor (2009)
- Dark Road to Darjeeling (2010)
- The Dark Enquiry (2011)
- A Mysterious Season (2020) – Collects the Lady Julia Grey mystery novellas “Silent Night,” “Midsummer Night,” “Twelfth Night,” and “Bonfire Night.”
The Spear of Summer Grass Series in Order
- Far in the Wilds (2013) – Kenya, 1918. Ryder White is Canadian by birth but African by choice. He is more at home in the wilds of the savannah, shooting and sleeping his way across the continent than amongst the hedonistic colonists of Kenyan society. In a landscape where one false move can cost a man his life, Ryder’s skill as a guide is unparalleled, but only the rich or royal can afford his services. When a European prince hires Ryder to help him hunt an elusive leopard Ryder thinks it’s just another well-paying job with yet another spoiled voyeur. But this perilous journey is full of dangers that may change Ryder forever…
- A Spear of Summer Grass (2013) – Paris, 1923. The daughter of a scandalous mother, Delilah Drummond is already notorious, even among Paris society. But her latest scandal is big enough to make even her oft-married mother blanch. Delilah is exiled to Kenya and her favorite stepfather’s savanna manor house until gossip subsides. Fairlight is the crumbling, sun-bleached skeleton of a faded African dream, a world where dissolute ex-pats are bolstered by gin and jazz records, cigarettes, and safaris. As mistress of this wasted estate, Delilah falls into the decadent pleasures of society. Against the frivolity of her peers, Ryder White stands in sharp contrast. As foreign to Delilah as Africa, Ryder becomes her guide to the complex beauty of this unknown world. Giraffes, buffalo, lions, and elephants roam the shores of Lake Wanyama amid swirls of red dust. Here, life is lush and teeming—yet fleeting and often cheap.
The Jasmine Series in Order
- Whisper of Jasmine (2014) – Notorious socialite Delilah Drummond won’t be deterred by the war. Instead, she decides to throw the event of the year, and she’s handing out invitations with an eye for wanton fun and wild abandon. There is the dashing explorer and archaeologist Gabriel Stark, a man at a crossroads in his life. Brilliant and restless, he’s just committed to a secret enterprise that forces him to play a public role very different from the man he truly is. And then there is the charming if flighty Evangeline Merriweather. Evie has dreamed her whole life of adventure. Little does she know, she’s about to get more than she bargained for. Especially after her vivacious Aunt Dove acts as fairy godmother, if a saucy one, providing a scandalous gown and a whisper of jasmine on her skin…
- City of Jasmine (2014) – Famed aviatrix Evangeline Starke never expected to see her husband, adventurer Gabriel Starke, ever again. They had been a golden couple, enjoying a whirlwind courtship amid the backdrop of a glittering social set in prewar London until his sudden death with the sinking of the Lusitania. Five years later, beginning to embrace life again, Evie embarks upon a flight around the world. In the midst of her triumphant tour, she is shocked to receive a mysterious—and recent—photograph of Gabriel, which brings her ambitious stunt to a screeching halt. With her eccentric aunt Dove in tow, Evie tracks the source of the photo to the ancient City of Jasmine, Damascus. There she discovers that danger lurks at every turn, and at stake is a priceless relic, an artifact so valuable that criminals will stop at nothing to acquire it. Evie sets off across the desert to unearth the truth of Gabriel’s disappearance and retrieve a relic straight from the pages of history.
The Veronica Speedwell Series in Order
It follows the intrepid adventuress and sleuth Veronica Speedwell. She’s a natural historian with a specialty in lepidoptery which makes her a butterfly hunter and world traveler who is always up for adventures.
For more information, go to our Veronica Speedwell Reading Order.
- A Curious Beginning (2015) – London, 1887. After burying her spinster aunt, orphaned Veronica Speedwell is free to resume her world travels in pursuit of scientific inquiry. But fate has other plans when Veronica thwarts her own attempted abduction with the help of an enigmatic German baron. But before the baron can reveal what he knows of the plot against her, he is found murdered—leaving Veronica on the run from an elusive assailant as wary partners in search of the villainous truth.
- A Perilous Undertaking (2017)
- A Treacherous Curse (2018)
- A Dangerous Collaboration (2019)
- A Murderous Relation (2020)
- An Unexpected Peril (2021)
- An Impossible Imposter (2022)
- A Sinister Revenge (2023)
Other Novels by Deanna Raybourn in Publication Order
- The Dead Travel Fast (2010) – With a modest inheritance and the three gowns that comprise her entire wardrobe, Theodora leaves Edinburgh—and a disappointed suitor—far behind. She is bound for Rumania, where tales of vampires are still whispered, to visit an old friend and write the book that will bring her true independence. She arrives at a magnificent, decaying castle in the Carpathians, replete with eccentric inhabitants: the ailing dowager, the troubled steward, and her own fearful friend, Cosmina. But all are outstripped in dark glamour by the castle’s master, Count Andrei Dragulescu. Before her sojourn ends—or her novel is complete—Theodora will be forever changed.
- Night of a Thousand Stars (2014) – On the verge of a stilted life as an aristocrat’s wife, Poppy Hammond does the only sensible thing—she flees the chapel in her wedding gown. Assisted by the handsome curate who calls himself Sebastian Cantrip, she spirits away to her estranged father’s quiet country village, pursued by the family she left in uproar. But when the dust of her broken engagement settles and Sebastian disappears under mysterious circumstances, Poppy discovers there is more to her hero than it seems.
- Killers of a Certain Age (2022) – Billie, Mary Alice, Helen, and Natalie have worked for the Museum, an elite network of assassins, for forty years. Now their talents are considered old-school and no one appreciates what they have to offer in an age that relies more on technology than people skills. When the foursome is sent on an all-expenses-paid vacation to mark their retirement, they are targeted by one of their own. Only the Board, the top-level members of the Museum, can order the termination of field agents, and the women realize they’ve been marked for death.
If you like our article about the Deanna Raybourn Books in Order, don’t forget to bookmark it! Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.