As seen on the BBC!
Who is Cormoran Strike?
Series of crime fiction novels written by British author J. K. Rowling, published under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, Cormoran Strike is about a private detective and his assistant Robin Ellacott.
Cormoran Strike is a war veteran—wounded both physically and psychologically after losing his leg to a land mine in Afghanistan—an ex–Royal Military Police Special Investigation Branch investigator and the illegitimate son of famous rock star Johnny Rokeby. But now, he is broke and working as a private detective in London. He needed help, so he hired Robin Ellacott as his temporary secretary for a week, but she turned out to be more competent and useful as he imagined and she became ultimately his partner.
Cormoran Strike Books in Order:
- The Cuckoo’s Calling – When a troubled model falls to her death from a snow-covered Mayfair balcony, it is assumed that she has committed suicide. However, her brother has his doubts, and calls in private investigator Cormoran Strike to look into the case. For Strike, the case gives him a financial lifeline, but it comes at a personal cost: the more he delves into the young model’s complex world, the darker things get – and the closer he gets to terrible danger….
- The Silkworm – When novelist Owen Quine goes missing, his wife calls in private detective Cormoran Strike. At first, she just thinks he has gone off by himself for a few days – as he has done before – and she wants Strike to find him and bring him home. But as Strike investigates, it becomes clear that there is more to Quine’s disappearance than his wife realises. When Quine is found brutally murdered in bizarre circumstances, it becomes a race against time to understand the motivation of a ruthless killer, a killer unlike any he has encountered before….
- Career of Evil – When Robin Ellacott opens an unexpected delivery, she is horrified to discover that it contains a woman’s severed leg. Her boss, private detective Cormoran Strike, is less surprised but just as alarmed. He suspects that four people from his past could be responsible — and any one of them is capable of sustained and unspeakable brutality…
- Lethal White – When a troubled young man named Billy asks Cormoran Strike to help him investigate a crime he witnessed as a child, the private eye is left deeply troubled. While Billy is obviously mentally distressed and cannot remember many concrete details, there is something sincere about him and his story. Trying to get to the bottom of Billy’s story, Strike and Robin Ellacott set off on a twisting trail that leads them from the backstreets of London to a beautiful but sinister manor house deep in the countryside.
- Troubled Blood – Private Detective Cormoran Strike is visiting his family in Cornwall when he is approached by a woman asking for help finding her mother, Margot Bamborough – who went missing in mysterious circumstances in 1974. Strike has never tackled a cold case before, let alone one forty years old. But despite the slim chance of success, he is intrigued and takes it on…