Last Updated 2 weeks ago.All of the Books!
Who is Christopher Paolini?
Born November 17, 1983 in Los Angeles, California, U.S, Christopher Paolini is an American author, best known for The Inheritance Cycle. Homeschooled by his parents, Christopher was fifteen when he wrote the first draft of Eragon, and the book would become as the third-best-selling children’s hardback book of 2003, and the second-best-selling paperback of 2005. It has also been adapted as a feature film in 2006.
In 2011, the Guinness World Records recognized him as the “youngest author of a bestselling book series.”
Christopher Paolini Books in Order:
I. The Inheritance Cycle
The adventures of a teenage boy named Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, as they struggle to overthrow the evil king Galbatorix.
- Eragon – When fifteen-year-old Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon soon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself. Overnight his simple life is shattered, and, gifted with only an ancient sword, a loyal dragon, and sage advice from an old storyteller, Eragon is soon swept into a dangerous tapestry of magic, glory, and power.
- Eldest – Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have just saved the rebel state from destruction by the mighty forces of King Galbatorix. Now Eragon must travel to Ellésmera, land of the elves, for further training in the skills of the Dragon Rider: magic and swordsmanship. But chaos and betrayal plague him at every turn, and nothing is what it seems.
- Brisingr – Following the colossal battle against the Empire’s warriors, Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have narrowly escaped with their lives. Still, there is more adventure at hand for the Rider and his dragon, as Eragon finds himself bound by a tangle of promises he may not be able to keep.
- Inheritance – Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must defeat Galbatorix. There will be no second chances. The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost?
- Tales from Alagaësia: The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm – Three original stories set in Alagaësia, in the world of Eragon and the Inheritance Cycle. A wanderer and a cursed child. Spells and magic. And dragons, of course. It’s been a year since Eragon departed Alagaësia in search of the perfect home to train a new generation of Dragon Riders. When a vision from the Eldunarí, unexpected visitors, and an exciting Urgal legend surface, Eragon is faced with a much-needed distraction that may lead to a new perspective.
- Eragon’s Guide to Alagaësia – An illustrated tour of the most interesting peoples, places, and things in Eragon’s world.
A new series by Christopher Paolini, in the science-fiction genre.
- To Sleep in a Sea of Stars – During a routine survey mission on an uncolonized planet, Kira finds an alien relic. At first she’s delighted, but elation turns to terror when the ancient dust around her begins to move. As war erupts among the stars, Kira is launched into a galaxy-spanning odyssey of discovery and transformation. First contact isn’t at all what she imagined, and events push her to the very limits of what it means to be human.