Soon to be a major picture film.
What is the Chaos Walking series about?
Young adult science fiction series written by American-British author Patrick Ness, Chaos Walking is set in a dystopian world where all living creatures can hear each other’s thoughts in a stream of images, words, and sounds called Noise.
More precisely, the series follows the adventures of two adolescents, Todd Hewitt and Viola Eade, as the planet around them erupts into war.
Chaos Walking Books in Order:
- The Knife of Never Letting Go – Todd Hewitt is the only boy in a town of men. Ever since the settlers were infected with the Noise germ, Todd can hear everything the men think, and they hear everything he thinks. Todd is just a month away from becoming a man, but in the midst of the cacophony, he knows that the town is hiding something from him — something so awful Todd is forced to flee with only his dog, whose simple, loyal voice he hears too. With hostile men from the town in pursuit, the two stumble upon a strange and eerily silent creature: a girl. Who is she? Why wasn’t she killed by the germ like all the females on New World?
- The New World (short story) – Viola’s terrifying voyage to the New World. Find out exactly what happened before Viola and Todd’s first meeting.
- The Ask and the Answer – Fleeing before a relentless army, Todd and Viola once again face their worst enemy, Mayor Prentiss. Immediately imprisoned and separated from Viola, Todd is forced to learn the ways of the Mayor’s new order. And then, one day, the bombs begin to explode… This new edition marks the 10th anniversary of the Chaos Walking trilogy, soon to be a major motion picture starring Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley.
- The Wide, Wide Sea (short story) – Set before the Spackle War in a small fishing village by the sea, is a heartbreaking tale of love and loyalty in a divided world. It features familiar characters such as Mistress Coyle, but will give a new perspective on the story.
- Monsters of Men – Three armies march on New Prentisstown, each one intent on destroying the others. Todd and Viola are caught in the middle, with no chance of escape. As the battles commence, how can they hope to stop the fighting? How can there ever be peace when they’re so hopelessly outnumbered? And if war makes monsters of men, what terrible choices await? But then a third voice breaks into the battle, one bent on revenge…
- Snowscape (short story) – A scout ship discovers a monstrous creature lurking in the arctic wastes of the New World’s final frontier. As the crew, including two much loved characters from the trilogy, face up to the monster, sensational new truths about Todd and Viola’s world are revealed.