This is small-town life at its best-and its most interesting…
What is the Cedar Cove series about?
From American author of romance novels Debbie Macomber, Cedar Cove is a book series that takes place in the quaint, picturesque town on an island in Puget Sound in Washington state. Residents of Cedar Cove are old-fashioned in their values, neighbors for the most part trying to help neighbors, and people not locking their doors in their trust of their neighbors.
Discover this community, from Olivia Lockhart, a family court judge to Jo Marie, seeking a fresh start. There’s also Jack Griffith, editor of the local newspaper, Grace Sherman, Olivia’s librarian best friend, private detective Roy McAfee and his wife, Corrie, and more…
How to read the Cedar Cove Books in Order?
These books take place in the community of Cedar Cove.
I. The Cedar Cove Series
- 16 Lighthouse Road – This is Olivia Lockhart’s home. She’s a family court judge known for her controversial judgments-like the divorce petition she denied. Thanks to an article by Jack Griffin, editor of the local paper, everyone’s talking about it! And then she and Jack start seeing each other outside of the courtroom….
- 204 Rosewood Lane – This is where Olivia’s lifelong best friend, Grace Sherman, lives. Grace is the local librarian and her life has been uneventful-until now. Her husband disappeared 6 months ago. She and her daughters have no idea where Dan is, what happened to him, who he might be with. Will they ever find out?
- 311 Pelican Court – This is the residence belonging to the Cox family-Zach, Rosie and their kids. Zach and Rosie are divorced, but they have an unusual custody arrangement. It’s another one of Judge Lockhart’s controversial judgments: the kids get to stay in the house while Zach and Rosie go back and forth!
- 44 Cranberry Point – This is a B and B owned by Bob and Peggy Beldon; it’s also their home. They’ve had a shocking incident recently-a man died while he was staying there! They don’t know why he came to Cedar Cove, who killed him or why….
- 50 Harbor Street – This is where private detective Roy McAfee and his wife, Corrie, live. Roy’s got a new mystery to solve-one that involves him and Corrie! They’ve been getting postcards and messages asking if they “regret the past,” and they have no idea what that means…
- 5-B Poppy Lane – Come to 5-B Poppy Lane, where you’ll meet Helen Shelton, her granddaughter Ruth, and Ruth’s husband, Paul. They’ll offer you a cup of mulled cider and tell you the story of how Ruth and Paul met. And you’ll hear about Helen’s breathtaking adventures during the Second World War! This novella is available in the anthology Christmas in Cedar Cove.
- 6 Rainier Drive – Welcome to the home of Seth and Justine Gunderson, who’ve recently had quite a shock. They lost their business, The Lighthouse restaurant, to arson. The prime suspect is a young ex-employee who disappeared immediately afterward. Is he guilty or not? As the investigation continues, Seth and Justine discover that this kind of stress is hard on a marriage!
- 74 Seaside Avenue – it’s the lovely home that now belongs to Teri Miller, who works at the local beauty salon, and her new husband, international chess champion Bobby Polgar. They couldn’t be happier. Except that Teri can tell something’s worrying Bobby… Something about her?
- 8 Sandpiper Way – This is where the Reverend Dave Flemming and his family live-his wife, Emily, and their two sons. But when Emily finds an earring in his pocket, an earring that’s not hers, she can’t help being afraid that Dave might be having an affair. Especially since he doesn’t seem willing to account for some of his time!
- A Cedar Cove Christmas – Mother-to-be Mary Jo Wyse arrives in Cedar Cove on Christmas Eve, searching for her baby’s father. David Rhodes had said he’d be in town. But he isn’t. Which leaves Mary Jo stranded, pregnant and alone. And there’s no room at the local inn… Also available in the anthology Christmas in Cedar Cove.
- 92 Pacific Boulevard – This is Sheriff Troy Davis’s home. Troy, a widower, has recently suffered a disappointment in love. He was hoping to marry his onetime girlfriend, Faith Beckwith, who’s returned to their hometown of Cedar Cove. But Faith ended the relationship. It seems there were a few misunderstandings between them-some inadvertently caused by his daughter, Megan?
- 1022 Evergreen Place – It’s the house Mary Jo Wyse has been renting-right next door to her landlord, Mack AcAfee. And…they’re falling in love! They also have a shared interest in some letters Mary Jo found in her attic, letters dating back to World War II. Both she and Mack are trying to find out what happened to the soldier who wrote them and the woman he loved.
- 1105 Yakima Street – This is Bruce Peyton’s house. His wife, Rachel, has just left him. Rachel’s pregnant, and she says she can’t handle the stress in their household anymore-stress caused by the fact that his thirteen-year-old daughter, Jolene, is jealous of her. And now a frantic Bruce has no idea where Rachel is!
- 1225 Christmas Tree Lane – This is where Beth Morehouse lives and runs her prospering Christmas tree farm. Her life is going well, and her new relationship with local vet Ted Reynolds is showing romantic promise. But…someone recently left a basket filled with puppies on her doorstep, and her daughters have invited their dad, Beth’s long-divorced husband, to Cedar Cove for Christmas. So the holiday’s turning out to be lot more complicated than she thought!
- Welcome Back to Cedar Cove – A collection of three new short stories from beloved author Debbie Macomber, including a return to a favorite address in Cedar Cove. First published in Macomber’s Digital Magazine, these heartwarming stories are now available exclusively in this collection.
Rose Harbor Series, a Cedar Cove Spin-off
This series takes place in Cedar Cove with a new cast of characters but with returning favorites from the original series.
- When First They Met – Available exclusively as an ebook. From the moment Jo Marie sits next to Paul inside the Seattle Seahawks’ stadium, she feels a spark. Paul’s striking blue eyes and kind smile tell her that he’s someone special. When they strike up a conversation, Jo Marie and Paul realize how much they have in common, yet there’s one thing keeping them from a fairy-tale ending: Paul is in the military and will ship out of Seattle within the next six weeks. As Jo Marie wonders if she should once again open her heart, she decides that, no matter the stakes, she can’t forgo her chance at true love.
- The Inn At Rose Harbor – Jo Marie Rose first arrives in Cedar Cove seeking a fresh start. A young widow coping with the death of her husband, she purchases a local bed-and-breakfast-the newly christened Rose Harbor Inn-ready to begin her life anew. Her first guest is Joshua Weaver, who has come home to care for his ailing stepfather. The two have never seen eye to eye, and Joshua has little hope that they can reconcile their differences. Jo Marie’s other guest is Abby Kincaid, who has returned to Cedar Cove to attend her brother’s wedding. Back for the first time in twenty years, she almost wishes she hadn’t come. And as Abby and Joshua try to heal from their pasts, and Jo Marie dreams of the possibilities before her, they all realize that life moves in only one direction-forward.
- Lost and Found in Cedar Cove – Available exclusively as an eBook. With the help of handyman Mark Taylor, Jo Marie intends to plant a beautiful rose garden in time for her upcoming open house. Jo Marie and Mark rarely see eye to eye, but she knows he has her best interests at heart. After the two walk the grounds, Jo Marie realizes that her beloved rescue dog, Rover, is missing, and at a time when she most needs a friend, Mark abruptly leaves. Jo Marie searches for her precious dog all over Cedar Cove. But Rover is on an adventure of his own-one that will lead to a delightful surprise for two unlikely people.
- Rose Harbor in Bloom – It’s springtime, and Jo Marie is eager to finish the most recent addition to her inn. In memory of her late husband, she has designed a beautiful rose garden for the property and enlisted handyman Mark Taylor to help realize it. And while she still seeks a sense of closure, she welcomes her latest guests, who are on their own healing journeys.
- Love Letters – Summer is a busy season at the inn, so proprietor Jo Marie Rose and handyman Mark Taylor have spent a lot of time together keeping the property running. Jo Marie knows surprisingly little about Mark’s life, due in no small part to his refusal to discuss it. She’s determined to learn more about his past, but first she must face her own-and welcome three visitors who, like her, are setting out on new paths.
- Falling for Her – Available exclusively as an eBook. Mark Taylor came to Cedar Cove to leave his painful past behind him, and has spent the last few years keeping mostly to himself. But when he meets Jo Marie Rose, his world is turned upside down. Then one day, he breaks his leg and must turn to Jo Marie for help. And though he tries to keep his distance, Mark can’t deny how he feels drawn to Jo Marie-and how deeply he is falling for her.
- Silver Linings – Since opening the Rose Harbor Inn, Jo Marie Rose has grown close to her handyman, Mark Taylor. When Mark tells her that he’s moving out of town, Jo Marie is baffled. Just when she is starting to open herself up again to love, she feels once more that she is losing the man she cares about. And as she discovers the secret behind Mark’s decision to leave, she welcomes two visitors also seeking their own answers.
- Sweet Tomorrows – Nine months ago, Mark Taylor abruptly left Cedar Cove on a perilous mission to right a wrong from his past. Though Mark finally confessed his love for her, innkeeper Jo Marie Rose is unsure if he’s ever coming back. The Rose Harbor Inn barely seems the same without Mark, but Jo Marie can’t bear to lose herself in grief once more. Determined to move forward, she begins dating again, and finds companionship when she takes on a boarder who is starting a new chapter herself.