Last Updated 2 weeks ago.A spin-off to the Cotton Malone series
Who Cassiopeia Vitt?
Cassiopeia Vitt started as a supporting character in the Cotton Malone series before having her own adventures written by Steve Berry and M.J. Rose. And for good reason as Cassiopeia is an adventurer in her own right.
The only heir to a very wealthy father, Cassiopeia Vitt is a woman of many talents, being a busineswwoman, philanthropist, student of antiquities and much more. She works to rebuild a castle using only thirteenth-century techniques.
Cassiopeia Vitt Adventures Books in Order:
As said, Cassiopeia is first a supporting character in the Cotton Malone series, being a close friend and often lover to the bookshop owner and former operative. For more information on the series, check out our Cotton Malone reading order. Cassiopeia appears in the following books:
- The Templar Legacy (Book #1)
- The Alexandria Link (Book #2)
- The Venetian Betrayal (Book #3)
- The Paris Vendetta (Book #5, only a cameo)
- The Balkan Escape (Book #5.5)
- The Emperor’s Tomb (Book #6)
- The Jefferson Key (Book #7)
- The Lincoln Myth (Book #9)
Cassiopeia Vitt Adventures really begin with The Balkan Escape, a prequel to The Emperor’s Tomb, also part of the Cotton Malone Series.
- The Balkan Escape — Included in the paperback edition of The Emperor’s Tomb. As a favor to enigmatic billionaire Henrik Thorvaldsen, Cassiopeia Vitt treks into Bulgaria’s Rila mountains in search of a buried stash of exceedingly rare artifacts from a bygone civilization: the ancient tomb of a Thracian king. But when her presence is discovered by a shadowy group of Russians secretly mining the area, she needs a way out. Who to trust becomes the question, and her life depends on choosing the right option.
- The Museum of Mysteries — In the French mountain village of Eze, Cassiopeia visits an old friend who owns and operates the fabled Museum of Mysteries, a secretive place of the odd and arcane. When a robbery occurs at the museum, Cassiopeia gives chase to the thief and is plunged into a firestorm. Through a mix of modern day intrigue and ancient alchemy, Cassiopeia is propelled back and forth through time, the inexplicable journeys leading her into a hotly contested French presidential election. Both candidates harbor secrets they would prefer to keep quiet, but an ancient potion could make that impossible.
- The Lake of Learning — For over a decade Cassiopeia Vitt has been building an authentic French castle, using only materials and techniques from the 13th century. But when a treasure is unearthed at the construction site—an ancient Book of Hours—a multitude of questions are raised, all pointing to an ancient and forgotten religious sect. Once the Cathars existed all across southern France, challenging Rome and attracting the faithful by the tens of thousands. Eventually, in 1208, the Pope declared them heretics and ordered a crusade—the first where Christians killed Christians—and thousands were slaughtered, the Cathars all but exterminated. Now a piece of that past has re-emerged, one that holds the key to the hiding place of the most precious object the Cathars possessed. And when more than one person becomes interested in that secret, in particular a thief and a billionaire, the race is on. From the medieval walled city of Carcassonne, to the crest of mysterious Montségur, to a forgotten cavern beneath the Pyrenees, Cassiopeia is drawn deeper and deeper into a civil war between two people obsessed with revenge and murder.
- The House of Long Ago — The time has come for Cassiopeia Vitt to sell her ancestral home. It sits on a Spanish bluff by the Mediterranean Sea, and bears the name Casa de Hace Mucho Tiempo, House of Long Ago. Also inside are fifteen paintings, each one a masterpiece, together representing an investment in the tens of millions of euros—her father’s private art collection—which she intends to donate to museums. But when an art expert declares all fifteen paintings fake, and suggests that her father may have been involved with something illegal, she embarks on a quest to find answers. From a secret repository in Andorra, to a mysterious yacht in the Mediterranean, then finally onto the streets of Paris and a horrific reminder from World War II, Cassiopeia must battle every step of the way to stay alive—a fight that will finally bring her face to face with the truth about the House of Long Ago.
- The End of Forever — Tragedy has found Cassiopeia Vitt. The woman she admires most has been brutally murdered. Then Cassiopeia’s castle rebuilding project is viciously attacked and people are hurt. Are the two incidents related? The answer comes when her old friend, Nicodème L’Etoile, is threatened and she finds herself drawn into a tangled web of revenge that leads straight to the person she loves the most. Cotton Malone. And his life will depend on what she does next.