Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.
All of Candice Fox’s Books in Order!
Who is Candice Fox?
Born in 1985, Candice Fox is an Australian crime fiction writer. The daughter of a foster carer, she grew up in Bankstown into a large and eccentric family. Before becoming a writer, Candice Fox had a brief stint as an officer in the Royal Australian Navy when she was eighteen. After failing to conform to military life, she turned her attention to the world of academia and became a teacher.
Her first book published in 2014 won the Ned Kelly Award for best debut, and his sequel, published the next year, won the Ned Kelly Award for best crime novel. This same year, she began her collaboration with best-seller author James Patterson (writer of the Alex Cross series among others), and since then, they wrote several books.
Candice Fox’s novels are printed in fifteen languages.
How to read the Candice Fox Books in Order?
Archer and Bennett series
- Hades (2014) — Homicide detective Frank Bennett feels like the luckiest man on the force when he meets his new partner, the dark and beautiful Eden Archer. But there’s something strange about Eden and her brother, Eric. Something he can’t quite put his finger on. At first, as they race to catch a very different kind of serial killer, his partner’s sharp instincts come in handy. But soon Frank’s wondering if she’s as dangerous as the man they hunt.
- Eden (2014) — Most homicide detective teams run on trust, loyalty, and the shared desire to put killers behind bars. Frank Bennett’s partner, Eden Archer, thrives on darkness and danger. She has a rare talent for catching killers—but her idea of justice has little to do with courtrooms. Now three girls are missing, and Eden is going undercover to a remote farm where the troubled hide and blood falls more often than rain. Frank’s job is to keep an eye on his partner while she’s there—but is it for Eden’s protection, or to protect others from her?
- Fall (2015) — The first victim is discovered on the edge of the park. Young. Female. Beautiful. Or at least she was before her face was destroyed. Homicide detective Frank Bennett suspects that this is a first kill. And it won’t be the last. To stop a serial killer in the making, Frank will have to place his faith in his beautiful, dangerous partner Eden Archer. . .
Detective Harriet Blue series (with James Patterson)
- Never Never (2016) — Harry Blue is the top Sex Crimes investigator in her department. But even she didn’t see this coming: her own brother arrested for the grisly murders of three beautiful young women. “For her own good,” she’s been sent to a desolate location and assigned to a new “partner.” But is he actually meant to be a watchdog? In her strange new home, Harry vanishes to a place where no one would ever think to look for her.
- Fifty Fifty (2017) — What are the chances that convicted killer Sam Blue is innocent of the serial murders of three young women? Determined to clear his name, no matter the cost to her career, Detective Harriet Blue accepts a risky reassignment to a remote town where a diary found on the roadside reveals a murderous plan. And the first killing, shortly after her arrival, suggests that the clock is already ticking. Meanwhile, back in the city, a young woman holds the key to crack Harriet’s brother’s case wide open. If only she could escape the madmen holding her hostage.
- Liar Liar (2018) — In the space of a week, she has committed theft and fraud, resisted arrest, assaulted a police officer, and is considered a dangerous fugitive from the law. It’s all because of one man, Regan Banks. He killed the only person in the world who matters to Harriet — and he plans to kill her next. As she recklessly speeds toward the dark side — and finally crosses it — Harriet won’t stop until Regan pays for the many lives he has taken.
- Hush Hush (2019) — Prison is a dangerous place for a former cop — as Harriet Blue is learning on a daily basis. So, following a fight for her life and a prison-wide lockdown, the last person she wants to see is Deputy Police Commissioner Joe Woods. The man who put her inside. But Woods is not there to gloat. His daughter Tonya and her two-year-old child have gone missing. He’s ready to offer Harriet a deal: find his family to buy her freedom.
Crimson Lake series
- Crimson Lake (2017) — Six minutes in the wrong place at the wrong time―that’s all it took to ruin Sydney detective Ted Conkaffey’s life. Accused but not convicted of a brutal abduction, Ted is now a free man―and public enemy number one. Maintaining his innocence, he flees north to keep a low profile amidst the steamy, croc-infested wetlands of Crimson Lake. There, Ted’s lawyer introduces him to eccentric private investigator Amanda Pharrell, herself a convicted murderer. Not entirely convinced Amanda is a cold-blooded killer, Ted agrees to help with her investigation, a case full of deception and obsession, while secretly digging into her troubled past.
- Redemption Point (2018) — When former police detective Ted Conkaffey was wrongly accused of abducting Claire Bingley, he hoped the Queensland rainforest town of Crimson Lake would be a good place to disappear. But nowhere is safe from Claire’s devastated father. Dale Bingley has a brutal revenge plan all worked out – and if Ted doesn’t help find the real abductor, he’ll be its first casualty.
- Gone By Midnight (2019) — On the fifth floor of the White Caps Hotel, four young boys are left alone while their parents dine downstairs. But when one of the parents checks on the children at midnight, they discover one of them is missing. The boys swear they stayed in their room. CCTV confirms that none of them left the building. No trace of the child is found. Now the hunt is on to find him, before its too late and before the search for a boy becomes a search for a body…
- The Inn (2019) — with James Patterson. Ex-Boston homicide detective Billy Robinson has retreated to a quiet life on the New England coast. Struggling to cope following the death of his beloved wife, he must now run the inn that Siobhan took care of so well. The inn’s quirky residents help keep Billy on solid ground as he grieves, and the group soon become an unconventional family. But this small town is in the grips of a growing opioid epidemic, and when a young resident gets hooked into the crisis, Billy knows he must act to save the people in the inn that he has grown to care so much about.
- Gathering Dark (2020) — Blair Harbour’s life as Hollywood’s top paediatric surgeon was perfect, until the night she was jailed for a murder she says she didn’t commit. With ten years of freedom lost, her medical licence cancelled and her son being raised by foster parents, she’s ready to start again from scratch. But when a former cellmate begs for help finding her missing daughter, Blair must risk it all to save a young life. Her only allies are a thief, a ganglord and the cop who put her away. To do the right thing, Blair must mix with all the wrong people.
- 2 Sisters Detective Agency (2021) — with James Patterson. Attorney Rhonda Bird returns home after a long estrangement when she learns her father has died. There she makes two important discoveries: her father stopped being an accountant and had opened up a private detective agency, and she has a teenage half sister named Baby. Baby brings in a client to the detective agency, a young man who claims he was abducted. During the course of the investigation, Rhonda and Baby become entangled in a dangerous case involving a group of overprivileged young adults who break laws for fun, their psychopath ringleader, and an ex-assassin victim who decides to hunt them down for revenge.
- The Chase (2022) — When 650 of the world’s most violent human beings pour out of the Pronghorn Correctional Facility into the Nevada Desert, the biggest manhunt in US history begins. For John Kradle, this is his chance to prove his innocence, twenty-six years after the murder of his wife and child. He just needs to stay one step ahead of the law enforcement officers he knows will be chasing down the escapees. Death Row Supervisor turned fugitive-hunter Celine Osbourne is single-minded in her mission to catch Kradle. She has very personal reasons for hating him – and she knows exactly where he’s heading…
- Fire with Fire (2023) – Following their daughter’s mysterious disappearance, Ryan and Elsie Delaney have taken the LAPD forensic lab hostage, and have given law enforcement an ultimatum: Find their daughter, Tilly, or they will destroy all the evidence they can find to other cold cases. Detective Charlie Hoskins has been undercover in a deadly motorcycle gang for five years. With his cover blown, he has no choice but to find Tilly himself, or lose everything he’s worked for as the lab burns.
If you like Candice Fox’s books, you may also want to take a look at our Lee Child reading order, or the work of Robert Galbraith. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.