For those who like Joanna Fluke‘s books.
What is the Amish Candy Shop Mystery series in order?
Bestselling author Amanda Flower is a librarian at a small college who writes cozy mystery novels like the India Hayes Mystery series or the Appleseed Creek Mystery series.
The Amish Candy Shop Mystery Series is set in Ohio and features Bailey King, a chocolatier from Ohio who comes back to her hometown from New York City in order to help her grandparents with their Amish candy shop. Then, murder finds her!
Also, the series has recipes in it!
How to Read the Amish Candy Shop Mystery Books in Order?
Every book in the Amish Candy Shop Mystery series works as a standalone story, but the lives of the different characters evolve from one novel to the other.
- Assaulted Caramel – Bailey King is living the sweet life as an assistant chocolatier at a famous New York chocolate company. But just when she’s up for a major promotion, she gets word that her grandfather Jebidiah’s heart condition has worsened. Bailey rushes to Harvest, Ohio, where her grandparents still run Swissmen Sweets, the Amish candy shop where she first learned about delicious fudge, truffles, and other assorted delights. Unfortunately, Bailey’s grandparents are suffering from more than just heart trouble. A local land developer is trying to take over their shop. And when the man is found dead in the candy shop kitchen-with Jebidiah’s chocolate knife buried in his chest-the sheriff suspects Bailey.
- Lethal Licorice – Harvest, Ohio, is a long way from New York City, where Bailey King left a coveted job as a chocolatier to take over Swissmen Sweets, her grandparents’ Amish candy shop. She wants to honor her grandfather’s memory, but she may be biting off more than she can chew when she enters the annual Amish Confectionery Competition. Between cooking up lavender blueberry fudge and chocolate cherry ganache truffles, Bailey’s search for a missing pot-bellied pig leads her to a dead body.
- Premeditated Peppermint – For her first Yuletide in the Amish community of Harvest, Ohio, former big-city chocolatier Bailey King is recreating a cherished holiday treat: peppermint combined with molten white chocolate. But her sugar high plummets when her former boyfriend walks into her candy shop Swissmen Sweets. New York celebrity chef Eric Sharp and his TV crew have arrived to film an authentic Amish Christmas. Bailey’s not about to let Harvest be turned into a sound bite. But the camera crew catches more than they bargained for when their producer is strangled to death-and Eric is the prime suspect.
- Criminally Cocoa (short story) – For Easter this year, Charlotte Weaver is leaving Amish country with her cousin Bailey on her first trip to New York City. She’s thrilled to see the skyscrapers and Times Square, and even more excited to help Bailey on the set of her new cable TV show, Bailey’s Amish Sweets. For the first episode, Bailey is making her famous hand-woven chocolate Easter baskets. But what ought to be a seamless shoot keeps hitting snags, and Charlotte begins to wonder if someone is out to make her sweet cousin look bad.
- Toxic Toffee – Bailey King’s in New York wrapping up a six-week shoot on her first cable TV show, Bailey’s Amish Sweets, when she gets a call from her Ohio town’s resident busybody. With Easter around the corner, Bailey’s been recruited to create a giant toffee bunny for the weeklong springtime festival that will also feature live white rabbits. But back home in Harvest, death becomes the main attraction when Stephen Raber keels over from an apparent heart attack-with Bailey and Raber’s pet bunny as witnesses.
- Botched Butterscotch (short story) – Mother’s Day is a sweet and busy time at the candy shop Bailey King runs with her Amish grandmother. This year is extra special, because Bailey’s parents are visiting Harvest, Ohio. Bailey’s father has rarely returned since leaving the Amish faith over thirty years ago, but Bailey is confident that the right treats can help sugarcoat any awkwardness. For Mother’s Day Tea at the local church, she’s whipping up her mom’s favorite: butterscotch fudge. All’s going well, until a sticky-fingered thief makes off with the money raised for a local women’s support group.
- Marshmallow Malice – With Juliet Brody and Reverend Brook tying the knot in Ohio’s Amish Country’s most anticipated nuptials of the year, Bailey King is determined to do everything in her power to make the event a sweet success. Except midsummer heat waves and outdoor ceremonies don’t mix, and an exasperated Bailey soon finds herself struggling to fulfill bridesmaid duties and keep her stunning marshmallow-frosted wedding cake from becoming a gooey disaster. Then much to everyone’s shock, the entire ceremony crumbles when a guest drops dead, and the cause isn’t sunstroke . . .
- Candy Cane Crime (short story) – Christmas is coming all too quickly for Harvest, Ohio’s famous chocolatier, Bailey King. Thanks to her new cable TV show, her shop has more candy orders than she can handle this holiday season. Fortunately, her beloved Cousin Charlotte is happy to take the Candy Cane Exchange off Bailey’s to-do list. After all, Charlotte has come to Harvest from her conservative home district to find her future outside of her family’s influence. What better way than by taking on the Englisch task of pairing the sweet notes everyone is exchanging with a peppermint treat, just in time for Christmas Eve delivery? But when Charlotte discovers some of those delicious missives are for her, suddenly she’s staking out the festive postbox, hoping to catch her secret admirer in his intriguing tracks . . .
- Lemon Drop Dead – Although baby showers aren’t an Amish tradition, Bailey King wants to celebrate Emily Keim’s forthcoming bundle of joy. It’s the least she can do for her hardworking assistant at Swissmen Sweets, especially with Emily being estranged from her siblings. Everyone in Harvest, Ohio has gathered at the town gazebo-decked out in lemon-themed décor to add some of Emily’s favorite flavor to the festivities-including Juliet Brook, Jethro the Pig, and in a last-minute invite, Emily’s sister Esther Esh.
- Peanut Butter Panic – Thanksgiving is Bailey King’s busiest holiday weekend. This year promises to be even more hectic, since Bailey’s candy shop, Swissmen Sweets, is providing desserts for Harvest, Ohio’s first village-wide Thanksgiving celebration. Yet, even with a guest list close to seven hundred people-Amish and English alike-the event’s organizer, Margot Rawlings, is unfazed . . . until she discovers her mother, former judge Zara Bevan, will be in attendance. Zara’s reputation as a harsh critic is matched only by her infamy as a judge who has actively harmed the Amish community. So no one is prepared when Zara arrives with much younger boyfriend Blaze Smith and reveals their impending nuptials at dinner. That should have been the day’s biggest news, except shortly after the announcement, Blaze suffers an allergic reaction to something he’s eaten and dies on the spot.
- Blueberry Blunder – Bailey King, star of TV’s Bailey’s Amish Sweets, is building her dream candy factory in Harvest, Ohio. But no sooner is the frame of the new building up than she finds the dead body of a surly contractor who has a long list of enemies-including people in the Amish community. To add to the drama, Bailey is being filmed by a crew for her upcoming show. . .
If you like our article about the Amish Candy Shop Mystery series in order, don’t forget to bookmark it!