A werewolves story with action and romance.
What is the Alpha & Omega series about?
The Alpha & Omega series is an urban fantasy series written by Patricia Briggs. The story follows werewolves couple Charles Cornick and Anna Latham and is set in the same universe as the Mercy Thompson series. It is considered a companion series, and to know more about its place next to Mercy Thompson’s story, check out our Mercy Thompson reading order.
Charles is the first-born werewolf, meaning he is born a werewolf, as opposed to Changed. He has all the strength, speed, pack magic, protections, senses, and regenerative powers as other werewolves. He can also change faster than any other werewolf. Anna Latham is originally a member of one of the two Chicago packs, in which she was abused for years. She is an Omega werewolf, and these werewolves are highly valued because they have a soothing, calming influence on other werewolves. B
How to Read the Alpha & Omega Books in Order?
- Alpha & Omega (novella) – The werewolf Anna finds a new sense of self when the son of the werewolf king comes to town to quell unrest in the Chicago pack-and inspires a power in Anna she’s never felt before.
- Cry Wolf – Anna never knew werewolves existed until the night she survived a violent attack…and became one herself. After three years at the bottom of the pack, she’d learned to keep her head down and never, ever trust dominant males. But Anna is that rarest kind of werewolf: an Omega. And one of the most powerful werewolves in the country is about to recognize her value as a pack member-and as his mate.
- Hunting Ground – Anna and Charles have just been enlisted to attend a summit to present Bran’s controversial proposition: that the wolves should finally reveal themselves to humans. But the most feared Alpha in Europe is dead set against the plan-and it seems like someone else might be, too. When Anna is attacked by vampires using pack magic, the kind of power only werewolves should be able to draw on, Charles and Anna must combine their talents to hunt down whoever is behind it all-or risk losing everything…
- Fair Game – When the FBI requests the pack’s help on a local serial-killer case, Charles and Anna are sent to Boston to join the investigation. It soon becomes clear that someone is targeting the preternatural. And now Anna and Charles have put themselves right in the killer’s sights…
- Unappreciated Gifts (short story, the Asil-Verse) – Some of the pack members think Asil should get out more, so they’ve challenged him to accept a series of blind dates.
- Dead Heat – Charles and Anna discover that a dangerous fae being is on the loose, replacing human children with simulacrums. The fae have started a cold war with humanity that’s about to heat up-and Charles and Anna are in the crossfire.
- Burn Bright – With their Alpha out of the country, Charles and Anna are on call when an SOS comes in from the fae mate of one such wildling. Heading into the mountainous wilderness, they interrupt the abduction of the wolf–but can’t stop blood from being shed. Now Charles and Anna must use their skills to track down the attackers.
- Asil and the Not-Date (short story, the Asil-Verse)
- Wild Sign – In the wilds of the Northern California mountains, all the inhabitants of a small town have gone missing. It’s as if the people picked up and left everything they owned behind. Fearing something supernatural might be going on, the FBI taps a source they’ve consulted in the past: the werewolves Charles Cornick and Anna Latham. But Charles and Anna soon find a deserted town is the least of the mysteries they face.
If you like Alpha and Omega, you may also want to see our Ilona Andrews reading order, or our guide to Gail Carriger’s Parasol Protectorate series. Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to discover more book series.