Sometimes, I read a story and I think that it could be a good TV series. Well, too bad in this case, CBS didn’t order it.
What’s the Under Suspicion Series about?
Even if I weirdly thought it was the case, Mary Higgins Clark didn’t write a lot of series, but this is one of hers – co-written with Alafair Burke.
Launched in 2014, the Under Suspicion series focuses on Laurie Moran. She is a producer on the television series ‘Under Suspicion’, a documentary program which investigates unsolved cold cases. These are their stories. Dum-dum.
Under Suspicion Books in Order:
- I’ve Got You Under My Skin – When Laurie Moran’s husband was brutally murdered, only three-year-old Timmy saw the face of his father’s killer. Five years later his piercing blue eyes still haunt Timmy’s dreams. Now Laurie is dealing with murder again, this time as the producer of a true crime, cold-case television show. The series will launch with the twenty-year-old unsolved murder of Betsy Powell. Betsy, a socialite, was found suffocated in her bed after a gala celebrating the graduation of her daughter and three friends.
- The Cinderella Murder – Laurie has the ideal case to feature in the next episode of Under Suspicion: the Cinderella Murder. When Susan Dempsey, a beautiful and multi-talented UCLA student, was found dead, her murder raised numerous questions. With the help of lawyer and Under Suspicion host Alex Buckley, Laurie knows the case will attract great ratings, especially when the former suspects include Hollywood’s elite and tech billionaires.
- All Dressed in White – Five years ago Amanda Pierce was excitedly preparing to marry her college sweetheart. Then, with their guests and families on site, Amanda disappeared. In present-day New York City, Laurie Moran realizes a missing bride is the perfect cold case for her investigative television series, Under Suspicion. She and her team set out to recreate the night of the disappearance at the Florida resort with Amanda’s friends and family in attendance.
- The Sleeping Beauty Killer – Fifteen years after being convicted of murdering her fiancé – the famed philanthropist Hunter Raleigh III – Casey Carter is determined to clear her name. Though she has served her time, she finds that she is still living under suspicion. Going on the true-crime show Under Suspicion seems to be her only hope to prove her innocence.
- Every Breath You Take – Laurie Moran’s professional life is a success. But her romantic break from former host Alex Buckley has left her with on-air talent she can’t stand – Ryan Nichols. Now Ryan has suggested a new case. Three years ago, Virginia Wakeling, a member of the Board of Trustees of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and one of the museum’s most generous donors, was found in the snow. The leading suspect then and now is her much younger boyfriend and personal trainer, Ivan Gray.
- You Don’t Own Me – Laurie Moran is approached by Robert and Cynthia Bell, parents of Dr. Martin Bell, a famous physician who was shot dead as he pulled into the driveway of his house five years ago. The Bells are sure that Martin’s disgraced wife, Kendra, carried out the murder. Determined to prove Kendra’s guilt and win custody over their grandchildren, they plead with Laurie to feature their son’s case on “Under Suspicion”.