Even John Grisham wrote books for our children… who knew?
Who is Theodore Boone?
It’s a John Grisham series, so it’s about a lawyer, but there’s a twist, because it’s a children series.
Indeed, Theodore Boone is only a 13-year-old student who resides in the city of Strattenburg, Pennsylvania, and he has spent more time in the courtroom than almost anywhere else. He wants to follow his parents’ footsteps, both lawyers. Due to his parents’ professions, Theo knows every judge, policeman, court clerk and a lot about the law, and he happily dispenses legal advice to his friends which lead to new adventures.
Theodore Boone Books in Order:
- Kid Lawyer – In the small city of Strattenburg, there are many lawyers, and though he’s only thirteen years old, Theodore Boone thinks he’s one of them. He dreams of being a great trial lawyer, of a life in the courtroom. But Theo finds himself in court much sooner than expected. Because he knows so much—maybe too much—he is suddenly dragged into the middle of a sensational murder trial. A cold-blooded killer is about to go free, and only Theo knows the truth.
- The Abduction – When we last saw Theodore Boone, he ensured that justice was served by uncovering evidence that kept a guilty man off of the streets. Hot off this high-profile murder trial, he is still dispensing legal advice to friends and teachers. But just when it seems as if his life has calmed down and gone back to the status quo, a new legal mystery comes to town, and this time it’s personal.
- The Accused – Big trouble is brewing for Theodore Boone. While all of Streenburg anxiously awaits the new trial of infamous murder suspect Pete Duffy, problems arise for their own kid lawyer. There’s been a robbery and Theo is the accused. His reputation is on the line, and with the evidence building against him–and dangerous threats looming–Theo will do whatever it takes to prove his innocence.
- The Activist – As all of Strattenburg sits divided over a hot political and environmental issue, Theodore Boone finds himself right in the thick of it. The county commission is fighting hard to change the landscape of the town, and Theo is strongly opposed to the plans. But when he uncovers corruption beneath the surface, no one—not even Theo—is prepared for the risks—and potential harm—at stake.
- The Fugitive – On a field trip to Washington, DC, Theodore Boone spots a familiar face on the Metro: Duffy, who jumped bail and was never seen again. Theo’s quick thinking helps bring Duffy back to Strattenburg to stand trial. But now that Duffy knows who he is, Theo is in greater danger than he’s ever been in before.
- The Scandal – When an anonymous tip leads the school board to investigate a suspicious increase in scores at another local middle school, Theodore Boone finds himself thrust in the middle of a cheating scandal. With insider knowledge and his future on the line, Theo must follow his keen instincts to do what’s right.
- The Accomplice – Theodore Boone has been worried about his good friend Woody Lambert. Woody is struggling at school and making bad choices. But when Woody is arrested—an unwitting accomplice to armed robbery—Theo knows he is innocent. Racing the clock while Woody sits in jail, Theo will do everything in his power to help his friend.