Now a Netflix series.
What is The October Faction about?
Published by IDW, The October Faction is an horror series written Steve Niles (Kick-Ass, 30 Days of Night) with art by Damien Worm (Dark Souls).
The October Faction tells the adventures of retired monster-hunter Frederick Allan and his family, his wife Deloris, and their two children Geoff and Vivian… which include a thrill-killer, a witch, and a warlock.
The October Faction Reading Order:
The October Faction series is divided in three volumes.
I. The October Faction v1
- October Faction Volume 1 – As Fredrick works to put his monster hunting days behind him, his two kids insist on joining the family business. But ghosts from the past refuse to stay dead and conspiring forces lurk in the shadows all leading to a massive showdown with foes supernatural and natural alike! Collects issues #1–6.
- October Faction Volume 2 – The Allan family has inducted Dante, a.k.a. Robot Face, into the fold and Geoff and Vivian have begun their training in the family business; monster hunting. All looks well for the Allans, but Sheriff Chambers is slowly catching on to their occult activities. Collects issues #7–12.
- October Faction Volume 3 – Merle Cope and his frightful family have been destroyed and Fred Allan has been rescued. Now that the kids have proven themselves, the whole Allan family is back in business, ready to take on the monstrous, paranormal, and downright strange. Collects issues #13–18.
With the new Netflix series, IDW published a new collection. October Faction: Open Season collects the first 12 issues of the comic book series.
II. October Faction: DeadlySeason
- Deadly Season – What started out as a family affair has become a full-blown monster-fighting organization and a force to be reckoned with. Now, enemies from the past are crawling from the shadows and nothing will ever be the same again.
III. October Faction: Supernatural Dreams
- Supernatural Dreams – With their former leader and father retired, the rest of the Allan family adjusts to the new status quo and brings the monster-hunting business into the modern era. But a sinister and powerful new evil stirs… one that could tear the family apart! The town of Gristlewood is under attack from the most powerful being it has ever seen. Vivian and Geoff take the lead in fighting the evil, but can they even begin to match its power? Or will this be the end of the October Faction?