You need to be an apprentice before becoming the ExtraOrdinary Wizard!
What is the Septimus Heap series about?
Septimus Heap is the protagonist in the eponymous bestselling book series written by English author Angie Sage.
He was once a member of the Young Army, known as Boy 412. Now, Septimus Heap is the Apprentice to the ExtraOrdinary Wizard, Marcia Overstrand. He must study for seven years and a day until his apprenticeship ends.
Septimus Heap Books in Order:
- Magyk – Septimus Heap, the seventh son of the seventh son, disappears the night he is born, pronounced dead by the midwife. That same night, the baby’s father, Silas Heap, comes across an abandoned child in the snow—a newborn girl with violet eyes. Who is this mysterious baby girl, and what really happened to the Heaps’ beloved son Septimus?
- The Darke Toad – This is a 96-page novella. The witches want DomDaniel’s powerful Darke Toad—and will go to ridiculous lengths to get their hands on it. But first, Simon Heap must get his master to the Port Witch Coven’s door, which may require a bit more Darke Magyk.
- Flyte – It’s been a year since Septimus Heap discovered his real family and true calling to be a wizard. As Apprentice to ExtraOrdinary Wizard Marcia Overstrand, he is learning the fine arts of Conjurations, Charms, and other Magyk, while Jenna is adapting to life as the Princess and enjoying the freedom of the Castle. But there is something sinister at work.
- Physik – When Silas Heap unSeals a forgotten room in the Palace, he releases the ghost of a Queen who lived 500 years earlier. Queen Etheldredda is as awful in death as she was in life, and she’s still up to no good. Her diabolical plan to give herself everlasting life requires Jenna’s compliance, Septimus’s disappearance, and the talents of her son, Marcellus Pye, a famous Alchemist and Physician.
- Queste – There’s trouble at the Castle, and it’s all because Merrin Meredith has returned with Darke plans for Septimus. More trouble awaits Septimus and Jenna in the form of Tertius Fume who is determined to send Septimus on a deadly Queste. But Septimus and Jenna have other plans—they are headed for the mysterious House of Foryx, a place where all Time meets and the place where they fervently hope they will be able to find Nicko and Snorri, who were trapped back in time in Physik.
- Syren – Septimus ends up on a captivatingly beautiful island, one of seven set in a sparkling sea. He’s stranded there with his badly injured dragon, Spit Fyre, along with Jenna and Beetle. There are some strange things about the island, including a Magykal girl named Syrah, a cat-shaped lighthouse that has lost its Light, and an eerie presence that sings to Septimus—can he escape the persistent call?
- Darke – Alther Mella has been Banished, a Darke Domaine engulfs the Castle, and a Darke dragon is on the loose. Septimus Heap must use all of his skills to save the Castle and the Wizard Tower from destruction: He must enter the Darke. But he cannot do this alone. With the help of Jenna, Alther Mella, Marcellus Pye, and Septimus’s estranged brother, Simon Heap, Septimus and Marcia Overstrand battle the spreading Darkenesse. Will Septimus succeed in protecting his Magykal world?
- Fyre – Jenna will soon be Queen and Beetle is now Chief Hermetic Scribe. Septimus Heap, however, must rid the Castle of the Darke Domaine by destroying the Two-Faced Ring. His skills in both Magyk and Physik will be tested, as will his loyalties.
- Bonus: The Magykal Papers – This is a guidebook. It’s optional, but a complementary read for the fans. This Septimus Heap compendium is a dazzling cornucopia of information on every aspect of Septimus’ world and the creatures that inhabit it: from secret files, journal excerpts and charm theory to the seven basic spells, dispatches from the Message Rat Office, history, maps and much more.
TodHunter Moon Trilogy:
This new trilogy is taking place seven years after the events of the original Septimus Heap series.
- PathFinder – This is the story of Alice TodHunter Moon, a young PathFinder who leaves her seaside village in search of her friend Ferdie. Rumor has it that Ferdie has been taken by mysterious creatures called Garmin under orders from the malevolent Lady.
- SandRider – Tod sets out for the Desert of the Singing Sands to retrieve the Egg of the Orm—a journey that will test not only her Magykal and PathFinding skills but her friendships, too.
- StarChaser – In faraway lands, the brilliant blue stone is crumbling to dust. Soon the destruction will spread to the Castle, and its Magyk will be destroyed. Tod sets off on a hazardous journey to find the ancient object that will reverse the UnRaveling, and save the world of Septimus Heap.