Who named their son Nephilim? The parents of Nephilim ‘Pike’ Logan of course. But…
Who is Pike Logan?
Ex-Delta Force Commander, Brad Taylor is now the writer of the Pike Logan Series. Nephilim ‘Pike’ Logan is an agent and one of the founding fathers of the Task Force, a secret group of elite agents controlled by the National Security Council. After losing his family, Logan was pushed out.
That’s when he met the young Jennifer Cahill. She saved his life, he did the same soon after. They ended up forming a good team, working for their own company and helping the Task Force by taking on complicated mission.
Pike Logan Books in Order:
- One Rough Man – Pike Logan was the most successful operator on the Taskforce – until a personal tragedy. Pike knows what the rest of the country might not want to admit: The real threat is one or two men, controlled by ideology, operating independently, in possession of a powerful weapon. Buried in a stack of intercepted chatter is evidence of two such men. Too bad for them, Pike Logan has nothing left to lose.
- The Dig (short story) – Pike Logan has been given the chance to rejoin the Taskforce. But before he becomes an operator again, he’s determined to get Jennifer Cahill into the Taskforce as well, though no one else seems willing to give a female civilian a shot.
- All Necessary Force – A shadowy trail leads the Taskforce to Egypt – where an attack leaves one member dead and another barely alive. Pike Logan and his young partner, Jennifer Cahill, are forced to helm the increasingly convoluted and dangerous mission: a mission that tests both Jennifer’s ability to justify her actions, and Pike’s tenuous ability to stay in control.
- The Callsign (short story) – It’s a Prequel, but it’s probably better to be familiar with pike before reading it. While executing a full mission profile exercise on U.S. soil, a target of opportunity appears before the Taskforce is deemed mission capable. Forced to execute, Pike and his team are sent to Yemen to track their first real target. The future of the Taskforce depends on their success, but when Pike is challenged by one of his own, their clear-cut mission teeters on the brink of disaster.
- Enemy of Mine – A tentative peace between Israel and Palestine has been brokered by the United States. But the Taskforce hears of an assassination attempt on the American envoy sent to solidify the treaty. The Taskforce must devote every resource to saving his life – and preventing another bloody outbreak of violence.
- Gut Instinct (short story) – With his injuries on the mend, Pike is forced to let Jennifer take the lead when another Taskforce team asks for her help. But when her stint spying on two women suspected of involvement in a terrorist plot leads her in another direction, the team leader won’t take her seriously.
- The Widow’s Strike – Invented by nature and genetically manipulated by man, a highly lethal virus has just fallen into the wrong hands. Angered by sanctions placed against its nuclear program, a rogue state is determined to release the virus.
- Black Flag (short story) – On leave after a dangerous mission with the Taskforce, operators Knuckles and Brett have joined Pike Logan and Jennifer Cahill in Charleston, South Carolina. Their goal is to learn more about Grolier Recovery Services, the archeological research agency that the Taskforce team uses as sophisticated cover for their work.
- The Polaris Protocol – As an investigative reporter working on the Mexican drug cartels, Jack Cahill has unknowingly gotten caught between two rival groups. His desperate call to his sister is his last before he’s kidnapped. In their efforts to rescue Jack, Pike and Jennifer uncover a plot much more insidious than illegal drug trafficking.
- Days of Rage – Intent on embroiling the US in a quagmire that will sap its economy and drain its legitimacy, Russia passes a potential weapon of mass destruction to Boko Haram, an extreme Islamic sect in Nigeria. Trying to uncover who might be stalking them, Pike Logan and the Taskforce have no idea what has been set in motion.
- No Fortunate Son – When veteran operator Pike Logan and partner Jennifer Cahill receive a letter from the umbrella cover company for their real employer, the Taskforce – they expect orders for their next mission. Instead, they learn that their latest actions have gotten them fired.
- The Recruit (short story) – When Taskforce operator Knuckles brings his old friend Decoy to Lima, Peru, he wonders if he’s made a mistake. Knuckles’ only objective is to assess Decoy’s covert surveillance skills on an orientation deployment, the final step before any recruit is accepted into the extralegal counterterrorist organization known as the Taskforce.
- The Insider Threat – While world powers combat ISIS on the battlefield, a different threat is set in motion by the group. Off the radar of every Western intelligence organization, they intend to commit an act of unimaginable barbarity. Only Pike Logan and the Taskforce stand in the way of an attack no one anticipates.
- The Forgotten Soldier – A Special Forces soldier is killed on an operation in Afghanistan, and complicit in the attack is a government official of an allied nation. While the US administration wants to forget the casualty, one Taskforce member will not. When he sets out to avenge his brother’s death, his actions threaten to not only expose the Taskforce’s activities. Pike Logan understands the desire, but also the danger.
- Ghosts of War – Pike Logan and Jennifer Cahill travel to Poland, hired to verify artifacts hidden for decades in a fabled Nazi gold train, only to find themselves caught amid growing tensions between East and West. On the brink of war, Pike and Jennifer discover that there is a separate agenda in play.
- The Target (short story) – 1998. A year after a disastrous mission in Amman, Jordan, Israeli operative Aaron Bergman and his Samson team feel more like outcasts than ever. Fearful that his team is about to be disbanded, Aaron is thrown another curve: a cast-off operative named Shoshana, who nobody in the Mossad trusts, and who all feel is a traitor.
- Ring of Fire – When the Panama Papers burst onto the public scene, the data theft has left the Taskforce potentially vulnerable, leaving a trail that could compromise the unit. Back in the good graces of the new president, Pike Logan and Jennifer Cahill are ordered to interdict the next leak as well, in order to control the damage.
- The Infiltrator (short story) – Taskforce operators Pike Logan and Jennifer Cahill are used to traveling all over the world for counterterrorist missions, but this time they’re in the Old City of Jerusalem under happier circumstances. Their friends Aaron and Shoshana, former operatives with Israeli Mossad, are getting married.
- Operator Down – Beginning to untangle a web that extends through both the American and Israeli intelligence community, Pike is forced to choose between his Israeli friends and his Taskforce mission, even as the execution of a coup begins to form.
- Daughter of War – Hot on the trail of a North Korean looking to sell sensitive US intelligence to the Syrian regime, Pike Logan and the Taskforce stumble upon something much graver: the sale of a lethal substance called Red Mercury. Unbeknownst to the Taskforce, the Syrians plan to use the weapon of mass destruction against American and Kurdish forces, and blame the attack on terrorists.