I don’t think they’ll make a third Percy Jackson movie but at least you can still read the books!
Who is Percy Jackson?
Also known as Percy Jackson & the Olympians, the book series by Rick Riordan is about a young man who, as you may have guessed, is called Percy Jackson.
One day, after being attacked by a Minotaur, Percy discovered that he is a demigod, the son of Poseidon, the Greek god of the sea. His life changes completely as he finds himself at Camp Half-Blood, a training camp for demigods like him. Soon, with his companions, a Satyr named Grover Underwood and Annabeth Chase, a daughter of Athena, Percy starts a grand adventure.
Percy Jackson Books in Order:
In the Percy Jackson series, we have the main Percy Jackson & the Olympians series, but also sequel series, short stories and more. For some, it’s hard to know where to put them chronologically. So, here is a way to go.
I. Percy Jackson & the Olympians
- The Lightning Thief – Percy Jackson could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy’s mom finds out, she knows it’s time that he knew the truth about where he came from. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea.
- The Sea Of Monsters – Percy discovers that the magical borders which protect Half-Blood Hill have been poisoned. Now he and his friends-Grover, Annabeth, and Tyson-must retrieve the Golden Fleece from the Island of the Cyclopes by the end of the summer or Camp Half-Blood will be destroyed.
- The Titan’s Curse – When the goddess Artemis goes missing, she is believed to have been kidnapped. And now it’s up to Percy and his friends to find out what happened. Who is powerful enough to kidnap a goddess?
- The Battle Of The Labyrinth – As an incoming freshman, Percy isn’t expecting his high school orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.
- The Last Olympian – All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.
- The Demigod Files – It is a collection of stories set during the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series written by Rick Riordan.
- Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo – Another short story. You can read it later if you want.
II. The Heroes of Olympus
The Heroes of Olympus is a sequel series in 5 books.
- The Lost Hero – Jason doesn’t remember anything before waking up on a school bus holding hands with a girl. Apparently she’s his girlfriend Piper, his best friend is a kid named Leo, and they’re all students in the Wilderness School, a boarding school for ‘bad kids.’ What he did to end up here, Jason has no idea-except that everything seems very wrong.
- The Son of Neptune – Percy is confused. When he awoke after his long sleep, he didn’t know much more than his name. His brain-fuzz is lingering, even after the wolf Lupa told him he is a demigod and trained him to fight. Somehow Percy managed to make it to the camp for half-bloods, but the camp doesn’t ring any bells with him.
- The Mark of Athena – The Greek and Roman demigods will have to cooperate in order to defeat the giants released by the Earth Mother, Gaea. Then they will have to sail together to the ancient land to find the Doors of Death. What exactly are the Doors of Death? Much of the prophecy remains a mystery.
- The House of Hades – The five demigods have to put aside their grief and follow Percy’s instructions to find the mortal side of the Doors of Death. If they can fight their way through Gaea’s forces, and Percy and Annabeth can survive the House of Hades, then the Seven will be able to seal the Doors from both sides and prevent the giants from raising Gaea.
- The Blood of Olympus – The Athena Parthenos will go west; the Argo II will go east. The gods, still suffering from multiple personality disorder, are useless. How can a handful of young demigods hope to persevere against Gaea’s army of powerful giants? As dangerous as it is to head to Athens, they have no other option. They have sacrificed too much already. And if Gaea wakes, it is game over.
- The Demigod Diaries – It is a collection of stories set during The Heroes of Olympus series written by Rick and his son Haley Riordan.
III. The Kane Chronicles
Based on the Egyptian mythology, The Kane Chronicles is set in the same universe than the other series, but follows Carter and Sadie Kane, powerful magicians and descendants the two pharaohs Narmer and Ramses the Great.
- The Red Pyramid – Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a ‘research experiment’ at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.
- The Throne of Fire – In this exciting second installment of the three-book series, Carter and Sadie, offspring of the brilliant Egyptologist Dr. Julius Kane, embark on a worldwide search for the Book of Ra, but the House of Life and the gods of chaos are determined to stop them.
- The Serpent’s Shadow – Despite their best efforts, Carter and Sadie Kane can’t seem to keep Apophis, the chaos snake, down. Now Apophis is threatening to plunge the world into eternal darkness, and the Kanes are faced with the impossible task of having to destroy him once and for all.
IV. Demigods and Magicians
This is a Camp Half-Blood/Kane Chronicles crossover series of short stories.
- The Son of Sobek – Carter Kane is investigating rumored sightings of a monster on Long Island when he runs into something else: a mysterious boy named Percy Jackson. And their meeting isn’t exactly friendly…
- The Staff of Serapis – Annabeth encounters more oddities in the subway than usual, including a two-headed monster and a younger blond girl who reminds her a little of herself.
- The Crown of Ptolemy – Trouble is brewing again, this time on Governor’s Island. An ancient Egyptian magician named Setne has come back from the dead and is experimenting with Egyptian and Greek magic, trying to become a god himself.
V. The Trials of Apollo
The Trials of Apollo is a sequel series that follows the trials of the god Apollo, who has been turned into a human as punishment from his father and king of the gods Zeus.
- The Hidden Oracle – After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy named Lester. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus’s favor.
- The Dark Prophecy – After experiencing a series of dangerous trials at Camp Half-Blood, Lester must now embark on a hair-raising journey across North America. Somewhere in the American Midwest, he and his companions must find the most dangerous Oracle from ancient times.
- The Burning Maze – With the help of some demigod friends, Lester managed to survive his first two trials, one at Camp Half-Blood, and one in Indianapolis, where Meg received the Dark Prophecy. The words she uttered while seated on the Throne of Memory revealed that an evil triumvirate of Roman emperors plans to attack Camp Jupiter. While Leo flies ahead on Festus to warn the Roman camp, Lester and Meg must go through the Labyrinth to find the third emperor.