Even in a small community, a lawyer has to work hard to find the truths she seeks.
Who is Morgan Dane?
Written by the “She can” series author Melinda Leigh, this mystery/thriller series is about a lawyer named Morgan Dane.
After losing her husband, Morgan Dane returns to her hometown, Scarlet Falls, where she works as a lawyer. With the help of her friend Lance Kruger, an ex-cop turned private eye, Morgan usually investigates crimes that rock the community in order to help innocents to stay free.
Morgan Dane Books in Order:
- Say You’re Sorry – After the devastating loss of her husband in Iraq, Morgan Dane returns to Scarlet Falls, seeking the comfort of her hometown. Now, surrounded by family, she’s finally found peace and a promising career opportunity—until her babysitter is killed and her neighbor asks her to defend his son, Nick, who stands accused of the murder.
- Her Last Goodbye -Young mother Chelsea Clark leaves the house for a girls’ night out…and vanishes. Her family knows she would never voluntarily leave her two small children. Her desperate husband—also the prime suspect—hires Morgan Dane to find his wife and prove his innocence.
- Bones Don’t Lie – Private investigator Lance Kruger was just a boy when his father vanished twenty-three years ago. Since then he’s lived under the weight of that disappearance—until his father’s car is finally dredged up from the bottom of Grey Lake. It should be a time for closure, except for the skeleton found in the trunk. A missing person case gone cold has become one of murder, and Lance and attorney Morgan Dane must face the deadly past that’s risen to the surface.
- What I’ve Done – Haley Powell wakes up covered in blood, with no memory of the night before. When she sees a man lying in the backyard, stabbed to death, she has only one terrified thought: What have I done? Agreeing to take the case as a favor to her PI friend Lincoln Sharp, Morgan Dane must scale a mountain of damning circumstantial and forensic evidence to prove her client innocent.
- Secrets Never Die – When a retired sheriff’s deputy is shot to death in his home, his troubled teenage stepson, Evan, becomes the prime suspect. Even more incriminating, the boy disappeared from the scene of the crime. Desperate to find her son, Evan’s mother begs PI Lance Kruger for help. She knows her son is innocent. Kruger and defense attorney Morgan Dane want to believe that too, but the evidence against the boy is damning.
- Save Your Breath – When true-crime writer Olivia Cruz disappears with no signs of foul play, her new boyfriend, Lincoln Sharp, suspects the worst. He knows she didn’t leave willingly and turns to attorney Morgan Dane and PI Lance Kruger to find her before it’s too late.