After being the victim, Lucy Kincaid is the hunter…
Who is Lucy Kincaid?
Written by American author Allison Brennan, the Lucy Kincaid series is a spin-off/sequel to her No Evil Trilogy.
The story centers on Lucy Kincaid who was attacked and nearly killed by an online predator. Now, with the help of security expert and P.I. Sean Rogan, she’s using her many talents to become an FBI agent and employing her own experience to stop deadly predators.
Lucy Kincaid Books in Order:
The No Evil trilogy
Before getting her own series, Lucy Kincaid was a minor character in the No Evil trilogy.
- Speak No Evil – The murder of eighteen-year-old Angie Vance was exceptionally vile. The killing seems personal, so police detective Carina Kincaid focuses her efforts on the victim’s much older ex-boyfriend, Steve Thomas. But without physical evidence, Carina can’t make a collar or a case.
- See No Evil – A troubled teenage girl has been charged with the grisly murder of her stepfather. The evidence is damning. But deputy district attorney Julia Chandler believes her niece is innocent, and she’s determined to keep the promise she made to protect her dead brother’s daughter–even if it means hiring private eye Connor Kincaid…
- Fear No Evil – Instead of preparing for her high school graduation, Lucy Kincaid is facing a vicious execution. Lured by an online predator, she’s destined to die horribly–live on the Internet–while hundreds of heartless viewers watch and vote on the method of her slaughter.
The Lucy Kincaid series
- Love Is Murder (a novella) – A Prequel. After a tough breakup with her boyfriend, Lucy Kincaid needs a different kind of break. So she heads west to join her brother, an ex-cop, for a long weekend of skiing in the mountains. At a picturesque lodge tucked high in the Sierra Nevada, Lucy finds just what she’s looking for: a peaceful retreat undisturbed by Internet, television, and cell phone distractions. She also finds an unexpected group of newlyweds seeking their own idyllic getaway.
- Love Me to Death – Six years ago, Lucy Kincaid was attacked and nearly killed by an online predator. She survived. Her attacker did not. Now Lucy’s goal is to join the FBI and fight cyber-crime, but in the meantime, she’s volunteering with a victim’s rights group, surfing the Web undercover to lure sex offenders into the hands of the law. But when the predators she hunts start turning up as murder victims, the FBI takes a whole new interest in Lucy.
- Kiss Me, Kill Me – Lucy Kincaid is fully prepared to share her many talents with the FBI. But when her career plans are derailed, her boyfriend, security expert Sean Rogan, asks for help on his latest private investigation. Using her well-honed cyber-hunting skills, Lucy is soon on the trail of a missing teenage girl with a penchant for disappearing.
- If I Should Die – Aspiring FBI agent Lucy Kincaid and her P.I. boyfriend, Sean Rogan, are heading to the Adirondack Mountains for a pleasant romantic getaway when they detour to help troubled friends, owners of a new resort who are battling malicious vandals. After Lucy and Sean pursue an arsonist into an abandoned mine shaft, Lucy stumbles upon an even more heinous crime—and the perfectly preserved remains of its victim.
- Vacation Interrupted (short story) – Rescuing a drowning man on his honeymoon turns out to be the easy task. Finding and stopping his military-trained ex-girlfriend from killing him is a bit more complicated, and Lucy Kincaid and Sean Rogan soon find themselves up to their necks in trouble.
- Silenced – It has been seven years since Lucy was attacked–and almost killed–by an online predator. Today, she is well on her way toward a new life. While waiting to begin her training at the FBI Academy, Lucy’s is tireless in her fight against cyber sex crime. Her current mission: to find out who killed a high-priced call girl linked to a powerful Congressman.
- Stalked – A new trainee at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Lucy Kincaid has already seen more than her share of murder and mayhem. Still reeling from the sex-crime case that sealed her reputation, she’s found a true friend and mentor in Agent Tony Presidio. No matter what goes down at the Bureau, Tony’s got her back―until he’s called to New York to help investigate the murder of a reporter with ties to Lucy.
- Reckless (short story) – Lucy Kincaid’s spontaneous weekend camping trip with her boyfriend, P.I. Sean Rogan, turns into a deadly nightmare when they come across two hikers looking for their lost son.
- Stolen – Nothing is more important to private investigator Sean Rogan than his relationship with Lucy Kincaid. But when his past catches up with him, Sean faces an ultimatum: clear his name and help the FBI take down a rogue agent, or go to prison and lose everything he holds dear. With only Agent Noah Armstrong as his back-up and forced to keep Lucy in the dark, Sean steps back into his old world.
- Cold Snap – On his way home to San Diego, P.I. Patrick Kincaid takes a detour through San Francisco to check on the wellbeing of a family friend who’s mysteriously been unreachable. What he doesn’t expect is to be shot at before he can find out why attorney Elle Santana won’t ask the police for help in finding a missing girl.
- Dead Heat – Assigned to San Antonio’s Violent Crimes unit, Lucy Kincaid joins a team of seasoned veterans and newer agents for a task force called Operation Heatwave. It’s supposed to be a simple sweep of known offenders with outstanding warrants. But when Lucy and her team try to bust two local brothers for jumping bail, she walks into a hotbed of pure evil.
- Best Laid Plans – Newly minted FBI Agent Lucy Kincaid is settling into her job in San Antonio, Texas, when the corpse of Harper Worthington, the husband of a sitting congresswoman, is found naked in a motel on the wrong side of town. It’s up to Lucy to locate the last person to see him alive: a teenage prostitute who seems to have vanished into thin air.
- No Good Deed – As an FBI agent, Lucy Kincaid has witnessed some very bad deeds committed by seemingly good people. That’s why she’s glad to see corrupt DEA Agent Nicole Rollins behind bars. But when Rollins makes a daring escape, Lucy becomes the key to the biggest manhunt in Texas history…and the target of a brilliant killer.
- The Lost Girls – Photojournalist Siobhan Walsh has been searching for two sisters who disappeared two years ago in Mexico, so when she receives a call from a priest in Texas about an abandoned baby holding a locket with her name, she calls her friends in the FBI for help. Lucy Kincaid and her mentor, Supervisory Special Agent Noah Armstrong, track the missing girls.
- Make Them Pay – Lucy Kincaid and Sean Rogan are finally tying the knot. Two weeks before their wedding, a surprise visitor shows up at their door: Eden, Sean’s estranged sister from Europe. She claims she’s in town for the wedding and wants to mend fences. Lucy invites Eden to stay with them, but her boss, SSA Noah Armstrong, knows far more about Eden’s sketchy past than he’s let on.
- Two to Die For (short story) – Sean Rogan and Lucy Kincaid are enjoying their honeymoon in a remote cabin outside Vail, Colorado. They sorely need the quiet time alone. And for one blissful week, they are in paradise. But they should have known that their idyllic peace would come to an end.
- Breaking Point – Bella Caruso survived a nightmare of abuse and betrayal. Today, she has dedicated her life to saving other young women from the hell that almost killed her. JT Caruso often worries about his sister, given her line of work. This time, when he learns that Bella is working undercover to find a missing girl involved in a dangerous prostitution ring, JT asks Lucy Kincaid for help.
- Too Far Gone – When a man who appears mentally unstable holds a group of people hostage and dies in a shootout with the FBI, Special Agent Lucy Kincaid is assigned to investigate what happened. Up until two months ago, McMahon was a respected scientist―then his wife left him, he lost his job, and was arrested for assaulting a former colleague. The one person who might have answers ― his research assistant ― has disappeared.
- Storm Warning (novella) – Lucy and Nate head to rural Texas in order to take an FBI Most Wanted armed robber into custody. When they reach the jail hours from San Antonio, the local cops ask them to transport another prisoner too, since the transfer location is on their way. With torrential rain and flash floods keeping everyone busy, Lucy and Nate don’t have much of a choice but to help out.
- Nothing to Hide – With a background in psychology, FBI Agent Lucy Kincaid is good at getting into the heads of killers and victims both. Still, her latest case is leaving her stumped. A third body has turned up in San Antonio―and it bears the same unique and troubling M.O. as the first two. The killer is clearly trying to send a message.