Did you know that Christopher Greyson’s Wife, Katherine Greyson, is also a writer?
Who is Jack Stratton?
Written by American author Christopher Greyson, the Jack Stratton series is a mystery series.
Product of the child welfare services system since the age of 7, Jack Stratton is now a police officer, and mostly a hero with a heart of gold (and a dark past) in the sleepy community of Darrington. With the help of his sidekick Alice (a.k.a. Remplacement), Jack investigates murder and catches killers.
Jack Stratton Books in Order:
- And Then She Was Gone – This is a prequel, not the first book published, but a good place to start anyway. Jack Stratton was raised in a whorehouse by his prostitute mother. Jack seemed destined to become another statistic. Determined to escape his past, he’s headed for a career in law enforcement. When his foster mother asks him to look into the girl’s disappearance, Jack quickly gets drawn into a baffling mystery.
- Girl Jacked – When Jack Stratton hears the news that his foster-sister Michelle is missing, it cuts straight to his core. The police think she just took off, but Jack knows Michelle would never leave her loved ones behind–like he did. Forced to confront the demons from his past, Jack must take action, find Michelle and bring her home… or die trying.
- Jack Knifed – Constant nightmares have forced Jack Stratton to seek answers about his rough childhood and the dark secrets hidden there. With Alice (aka Replacement) by his side, Jack travels to Hope Falls to solve a murder that occurred before he was born. Everyone in the small town remembers the unsolved murder of Steven Ritter, but after 27 years, no one thought that someone would look into it–but they don’t know Jack.
- Jacks are Wild – When his old flame disappears, no one thinks it’s suspicious except Jack Stratton and one unbalanced witness. Jack knows that Marisa has a past, and if it ever caught up with her–it would be deadly. Determined to listen to his instincts, he and his sidekick Alice plunge ahead and start tracking down leads, hoping to find Marisa in time.
- Jack and the Giant Killer – While recovering from a gunshot wound and the loss of his job on the police force, Jack’s romance with Alice continues to develop. When Alice gets a seemingly harmless private investigation job–locate the owner of a lost dog–Jack grudgingly assists. Little do they know it will place them both in the crosshairs of a merciless serial killer.
- Data Jack – Jack Stratton is broke, kicked off the force, and his new bounty hunting business has slowed to a trickle. He thinks things are turning around when Alice gets a lucrative job setting up a home data network. That is, until he discovers it’s for a jet-setting software tycoon. Jealous, Jack thinks life can’t get any worse, but when the computer program the CEO invented becomes the key tool in an international data heist, things turn deadly.
- Jack of Hearts – When his mother and the members of her neighborhood book club ask him to catch the “Orange Blossom Cove Bandit,” a small-time thief who’s stealing garden gnomes and peace of mind from their quiet retirement community, how can Jack Stratton refuse? The peculiar mystery proves to be more than it appears, and things take a deadly turn.
- Jack Frost – Jack Stratton and Alice investigate the suspicious death of a soundman on the hit TV show Planet Survival. While Alice researches the incident from home in Darrington, Jack goes undercover as a security agent where the show is filming on nearby Mount Minuit. Soon trapped on the treacherous peak by a blizzard, the mysterious killer continues to stalk the cast and crew of Planet Survival.