Janet Evanovich is famous for the Stephanie Plum series, but she also writes other series, like this one with the help of Lee Goldberg.
Who are Fox and O’Hare?
This book series is a bit like the TV show White Collar. It’s about FBI special agent Kate O’Hare who has devoted her career to taking down one of the FBI’s most wanted con men, the master thief known as Nick Fox. For her, everything changes, when the FBI ask her to work with Nick Fox.
So now, they are a team and must travel the globe to catch the most wanted and untouchable criminals. Sometimes, they even get the help of Jake O’Hare, Kate’s father, a retired Special Forces operative.
Fox and O’Hare Books in Order:
- The Shell Game – This short story is a prequel. You can read it later if you wish, after The Heist if you want, or just when you want.
- Pros and Cons – The first short story published to be read before The Heist, but you can skip it if you want.
- The Caper – This is an 8-page short story, very optional. Originally published in special edition hardcovers of The Heist for Barnes and Noble.
- The Heist – Nicolas Fox is an international con man. He knows that the FBI has been hot on his trail for years. But just when it seems that Fox has been captured for good, he pulls off his greatest con of all: He convinces the FBI to offer him a job, working side by side with Kate O’Hare. Their first assignment isp to catch Derek Griffin, a corrupt investment banker charged with stealing millions from his clients.
- The Chase – The newest target of Nicolas Fox and Kate O’Hare is Carter Grove, a former White House chief of staff and the ruthless leader of a private security agency. Grove has stolen a rare Chinese artifact from the Smithsonian, a crime that will torpedo U.S. relations with China if it ever becomes public.
- The Job – This time, Kate O’Hare and Nicolas Fox must bring down the brutal leader of a global drug-smuggling empire. The FBI doesn’t know what their target looks like, where he is, or how to find him, but Nick Fox has a few tricks up his sleeve to roust this particular Knipschildt chocolate–loving drug lord.
- The Scam – Evan Trace is running a money-laundering operation through his casino in Macau. Some of his best customers are mobsters, dictators, and global terrorists. Nick Fox and Kate O’Hare will have to go deep undercover as high-stakes gamblers, wagering millions of dollars—and their lives—in an attempt to topple Trace’s empire.
- The Pursuit – Nick Fox has been kidnapped from a beachfront retreat in Hawaii. It isn’t long before Kate O’Hare is in hot pursuit of the crook who stole her con man. The trail leads to Belgium, France, and Italy, and pits Nick and Kate against their deadliest adversary yet: Dragan Kovic, an ex–Serbian military officer. He’s plotting a crime that will net him billions … and cost thousands of American lives.
- The Mark – A sinister adversary has Nick Fox and Kate O’Hare in his crosshairs, and will stop at nothing to eliminate them. They’ll need to assemble the team to defeat their enemy. Unfortunately, their number one player, Kate’s father, is on the run and on the most wanted list, after being betrayed by an old friend. The trio is going to have to watch their backs at every turn to rid the world of their two greatest foes, and clear their names.