After being Eleven on Stranger Things, Millie Bobby Brown will be Enola Holmes. The time is good to learn more about the books behind the movies to come.
Who is Enola Holmes?
Also known as The Enola Holmes Mysteries, this creation of American author Nancy Springer is about Sherlock Holmes’ sister, Enola.
Everything began with her mother’s disappearance and her brothers, Sherlock and Mycroft, doing nothing. Enola made a discovery that put her on the road to become herself a detective, even if Mycroft insists that she attend boarding school. Enola prefers working on missing persons cases.
Enola Holmes Books in Order:
- The Case of the Missing Marquess – When Enola Holmes, sister to the detective Sherlock Holmes, discovers her mother has disappeared, she quickly embarks on a journey to London in search of her. But nothing can prepare her for what awaits.
- The Case of the Left-Handed Lady – Enola Holmes is being hunted by her own brother, Sherlock Holmes. But while she is on the run, she discovers a hidden cache of charcoal drawings and feels as if she is a soul mate to the girl who drew them. But that girl, Lady Cecily, has disappeared. Braving the midnight streets, Enola must unravel the clues to find this left-handed lady.
- The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets – When Dr. Watson goes missing, it’s a shock. Even Sherlock hasn’t the slightest clue as to where he could be. Enola can’t help but investigate, especially when she learns that a bizarre bouquet with flowers all symbolizing death has been delivered to the Watson residence.
- The Case of the Peculiar Pink Fan – Enola receives a desperate message from her old friend, Lady Cecily. Enola knows she must help her friend before it’s too late – but she doesn’t know how! This complicated case has Enola hunting down clues all over London until she finally discovers the awful truth: Lady Cecily is being held prisoner!
- The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline – Enola’s landlady, Mrs. Tupper, is the closest thing Enola has to family these days. So imagine her horror when Enola comes home to find Mrs. Tupper kidnapped! Who would take her, and why? And what does Florence Nightingale have to do with it?
- The Case of the Gypsy Goodbye – As Enola searches for the missing Lady Blanchefleur del Campo, she discovers that her brother Sherlock is just as diligently searching for Enola herself! Sherlock and Enola must solve a triple mystery: What has happened to their mother? And to Lady Blanchefleur? And what does either have to do with their brother, Mycroft?