All of the books!
Who is David Baldacci?
Born and raised in Richmond, Virginia, David Baldacci is an American novelist. He practiced law for a few years before publishing his first book, Absolute Power in 1996.
Since then, David Baldacci has published more than 30 novels for adults but also some seven novels for younger readers. He is mostly know for the Will Robie series, the Amos Decker series, the Sean King and Michelle Maxwell series or The Finisher (Vega Jane) series… and a lot more.
David Baldacci Books in Order:
I already wrote reading guides for some of David Baldacci’s series, but you’ll find all of his novels here, series and stand alone.
I. Stand-Alone novels
- Absolute Power – In a heavily guarded mansion in the Virginia countryside, professional burglar and break-in artist Luther Whitney is trapped behind a two-way mirror. What he witnesses destroys his faith not only in justice, but in all he holds dear. What follows is a breathtaking cover-up is set in motion by those appointed to work for one of the most important people in the world — the President of the United States.
- Total Control – Jason Archer is a rising young executive at Triton Global, the world’s leading technology conglomerate. Determined to give his family the best of everything, Archer has secretly entered into a deadly game. He is about to disappear–leaving behind a wife who must sort out his lies from his truths, an accident team that wants to know why the plane he was ticketed on crashed, and a veteran FBI agent who wants to know it all.
- The Winner – She is twenty, beautiful, dirt-poor, and hoping for a better life for her infant daughter when LuAnn Tyler is offered the gift of a lifetime, a $100 million lottery jackpot. All she has to do is change her identity and leave the U.S. forever. It’s an offer she dares to refuse…until violence forces her hand and thrusts her into a harrowing game of high-stakes, big-money subterfuge. It’s a price she won’t fully pay…until she does the unthinkable and breaks the promise that made her rich.
- The Simple Truth – Young attorney Michael Fiske broke the law when he took Rufus Harms’s prison letter from the Supreme Court. But he also sealed his own fate. Suddenly everyone who has anything to do with Harms or his appeal mysteriously dies. The one man who can help John, the one man who knows what really happened more than two decades ago–and why–has escaped from prison and is running for his life.
- Saving Faith – In a secluded house not far from Washington, D.C., the FBI is interviewing one of the most important witnesses it has ever had: Faith Lockhart. Feared by some of the most powerful men in the world, Faith has been targeted to die. But when a private investigator walks into the middle of the assassination attempt, the shooting suddenly goes wrong, and an FBI agent is killed. Now Faith Lockhart must flee for her life.
- Wish You Well – Precocious twelve-year-old Louisa Mae Cardinal lives in the hectic New York City of 1940 with her family. Then tragedy strikes–and Lou and her younger brother, Oz, must go with their invalid mother to live on their great-grandmother’s farm in the Virginia mountains. Suddenly Lou finds herself growing up in a new landscape, making her first true friend, and experiencing adventures tragic, comic, and audacious.
- Last Man Standing – Among his super-elite FBI Hostage Rescue Team, Web London was the sole survivor of a high-tech, devastating ambush. Now Web is trying to put his life back together and understand what really happened. To get answers, he’ll need the help of psychiatrist Claire Daniels and the one other human being who lived through the attack–a ten-year-old boy. …
- The Christmas Train – Disillusioned journalist Tom Langdon must get from Washington to Los Angeles in time for Christmas. Forced to travel by train, he has no idea that the locomotives pulling him across America will actually take him into the rugged terrain of his own heart, as he rediscovers people’s essential goodness and someone very special he believed he had lost.
- True Blue – Mason “Mace” Perry was a firebrand cop on the D.C. police force until she was kidnapped and framed for a crime–and then spent two years in prison. Now she’s back on the outside and focused on one mission: to be a cop once more. Her only shot to be a true blue again is to solve a major case on her own.
- One Summer – It’s almost Christmas, but there is no joy in the house of terminally ill Jack and his family. With only a short time left to live, he spends his last days preparing to say goodbye to his devoted wife, Lizzie, and their three children. Then, unthinkably, tragedy strikes again: Lizzie is killed in a car accident. With no one able to care for them, the children are separated from each other and sent to live with family members around the country.
- No Time Left (novella) – Frank Becker is a highly sought after, expert assassin. When Becker takes a mysterious job, he has no idea that it will force him to delve deeply into his own past. Undeterred by obstacles he is determined to complete his assignment. But he may realize too late that his success will permanently alter his future.
- Day of Doom – Book 6 in the “Cahills Vs. Vespers” series of The 39 Clues books. It started with a kidnapping. A shadowy organization known only as the Vespers snatched seven members of the Cahill family and demanded a series of bizarre ransoms from around the world. Thirteen-year-old Dan Cahill and his older sister Amy began a global treasure hunt, determined to bring back whatever Vesper One needed, so long as it kept the hostages safe.
- One Good Deed – In 1949, after his wartime experiences in Italy and a prison sentence for a crime he didn’t commit, Aloysius Archer is looking for a fresh start and a peaceful life. On his first night of freedom, he meets local business tycoon Hank Pittleman, who promises Archer handsome compensation to work as his debt collector. Yet Archer takes on more than he bargains for, as he becomes embroiled in a long-running feud between the drought-struck town’s most dangerous residents.
II. Sean King and Michelle Maxwell series
You can find a full reading order for the Sean King and Michelle Maxwell series here.
This is the story of Michelle Maxwell and Sean King. After tragic events, these two former Secret Service agents were forced to change their lives. Now, they are working as private investigators in Washington, DC, and Virginia.
III. Freddy and the French Fries series
This is a short series of novels for young readers.
- Freddy and the French Fries: Fries Alive! – Wanting to help draw new customers to the family business, Freddy Funkhauser uses his knowledge of science to make incredible French fries for the restaurant, but when the fries suddenly come to life and wreak havoc on the town, Freddy must find a way to put a stop to his tasty creations!
- Freddy and the French Fries: The Mystery of Silas Finklebean – Freddy Funkhauser discovers the lab of long-lost scientist Silas Finklebean, along with instructions on how to build a time machine. With Finklebean’s help, Freddie is determined to prove himself to bully Adam Spanker.
IV. The Camel Club series
Existing at the fringes of Washington, D.C., the Club consists of four eccentric members. Led by a mysterious man known as “Oliver Stone,” they study conspiracy theories, current events, and the machinations of government to discover the “truth” behind the country’s actions.
- The Camel Club – The Camel Club’s efforts bear little fruit until the group witnesses a shocking murder…and becomes embroiled in an astounding, far-reaching conspiracy. Now the Club must join forces with a Secret Service agent to confront one of the most chilling spectacles ever to take place on American soil-an event that may trigger the ultimate war between two different worlds. And all that stands in the way of this apocalypse is five unexpected heroes.
- The Collectors – The assassination of the speaker of the House has rocked the nation. And the Camel Club has found a chilling connection with another death: that of the director of the Library of Congress’s Rare Books and Special Collections Division. The club’s unofficial leader discovers that someone is selling America to its enemies one secret at a time. Because the two murders are hurtling the Camel Club into a world of espionage that is bringing America to its knees.
- Stone Cold – Keeping a vigilant watch over our leaders in Washington D.C., the club has won over some allies, but it has also made some formidable enemies. Annabelle Conroy, an honorary member of the Camel Club, is the greatest con artist of her generation. As an old, powerful mark hunts her down and the Camel Club tries to protect her, a new opponent suddenly arises.
- Divine Justice – Known by his alias, “Oliver Stone,” John Carr is the most wanted man in America. With two pulls of the trigger, the men who destroyed Stone’s life and kept him in the shadows were finally silenced. But his freedom comes at a steep price: The assassinations he carried out prompt the highest levels of the U.S. government to unleash a massive manhunt.
- Hell’s Corner – John Carr, aka Oliver Stone stands in Lafayette Park in front of the White House. Inside, the British prime minister is being honored at a state dinner. Then, just as the prime minister’s motorcade leaves, a bomb explodes in the park, and in the chaotic aftermath Stone is given an urgent assignment: find those responsible. With nowhere else to turn, Stone enlists the help of the only people he knows he can trust: the Camel Club.
- Bullseye (novella) crossover with The Will Robie series.
V. Shaw series
This series is bout Shaw, a mysterious operative with no first name and a truly unique past…
- The Whole Truth – Nicolas Creel is a man on a mission. He heads up the world’s largest defense contractor, The Ares Corporation. Dick Pender is the man Creel retains to “perception manage” his company to even more riches by manipulating international conflicts. But Creel may have an even grander plan in mind. Shaw has a different agenda, he travels the globe to keep it safe and at peace.
- Deliver Us From Evil – Evan Waller is a monster… He has built a fortune from his willingness to buy and sell anything… and anyone. In search of new opportunities, Waller has just begun a new business venture: one that could lead to millions of deaths all over the globe. On his trail is Shaw who has tracked Waller to Provence and must prevent him from closing his latest deal.
VI. John Puller series
John Puller is a combat veteran and the best military investigator in the U.S. Army’s Criminal Investigative Division. His father was an Army fighting legend, and his brother is serving a life sentence for treason in a federal military prison. Puller has an indomitable spirit and an unstoppable drive to find the truth.
- Zero Day – John Puller is called out on a case in a remote, rural area in West Virginia coal country far from any military outpost. Someone has stumbled onto a brutal crime scene, a family slaughtered. The local homicide detective, a headstrong woman with personal demons of her own, joins forces with Puller in the investigation. As Puller digs through deception after deception, he realizes that absolutely nothing he’s seen in this small town, and no one in it, are what they seem. Facing a potential conspiracy that reaches far beyond the hills of West Virginia, he is one man on the hunt for justice against an overwhelming force.
- The Forgotten – A picture-perfect town on Florida’s Gulf Coast, Paradise thrives on the wealthy tourists and retirees drawn to its gorgeous weather and beaches. The local police have ruled John Puller’s aunt’s death an unfortunate, tragic accident. But just before she died, she mailed a letter to his father, telling him that beneath its beautiful veneer, Paradise is not all it seems to be.
- The Escape – John Puller’s older brother, Robert, was convicted of treason. His inexplicable escape from prison makes him the most wanted criminal in the country. Some in the government believe that John Puller represents their best chance at capturing Robert alive, and so Puller must bring in his brother to face justice.
- No Man’s Land – John Puller’s mother, Jackie, vanished thirty years ago from Fort Monroe, Virginia, when Puller was just a boy. Paul Rogers has been in prison for ten years. But twenty years before that, he was at Fort Monroe. One night three decades ago, Puller’s and Rogers’ worlds collided with devastating results, and the truth has been buried ever since.
VII. Will Robie series
You can find a full reading order for the Will Robie series here.
When the police, the FBI, even the military can’t stop a menace, the government calls on Will Robie and he obeys order without questioning them. Also, he also kills his target. Always.
VIII. Vega Jane series
The Vega Jane series is the second David Baldacci series for young readers.
Vega Jane was always told no one could leave the town of Wormwood. She was told there was nothing outside but the Quag, a wilderness filled with danger and death. And she believed it–until the night she stumbled across a secret that proved that everything she knew was a lie.
- The Finisher – Vega Jane was always told no one could leave the town of Wormwood. She was told there was nothing outside but a forest filled with danger and death. And she always believed it — until the night she saw Quentin Herms run away. Vega knows Quentin didn’t just leave — he was chased. And he left behind a trail of clues that point to a dark conspiracy at the heart of Wormwood.
- The Keeper – In order to leave Wormwood and discover the truth about her world, Vega and her best friend Delph must find a way to make it across a terrifying land of bloodthirsty creatures and sinister magic. But the Quag is worse than Vega Jane’s darkest imagining. It’s a living, breathing prison designed to keep enemies out and the villagers of Wormwood in.
- The Width of the World – This is it. Vega Jane battled horrors to fight her way across the Quag with her best friend, and into a new world that’s even worse. Not because deadly beasts roam the cobblestones, but because the people are enslaved but don’t even know it. It’s up to Vega, Delph, Harry Two, and their new comrade, Petra, to take up the fight against a foe that’s unrivaled in savagery and cunning.
- The Stars Below – Vega and Necro, a sorcerer whose unspeakable evil is matched only by his magical power, are on a collision course. The clash between his awesome power and her iron will is going to shake the stars down. Their fight will seal their fates . . . and determine the future of their world.
IX. Amos Decker series
You can find a full reading order for the Amos Decker series here.
Amos Decker is a former professional football player who was violently hit on his first play, resulting in severe injuries and changes to his brain. This was the end of his football career, but not of his life. Now, Decker is a detective with special mental abilities (called synesthesia and hyperthymesia). His life is good until the day his family is murdered in an unsolved case.
X. Atlee Pine series
Atlee Pine is an FBI agent with special skills assigned to the remote wilds of the southwestern United States who must confront a new threat… and an old nightmare.
- Long Road to Mercy – It’s seared into Atlee Pine’s memory: the kidnapper’s chilling rhyme as he chose between six-year-old Atlee and her twin sister, Mercy. Mercy was taken. Atlee was spared. She never saw Mercy again. Three decades after that terrifying night, Atlee Pine works for the FBI. She’s the lone agent assigned to the Shattered Rock, Arizona resident agency, which is responsible for protecting the Grand Canyon. So when one of the Grand Canyon’s mules is found stabbed to death at the bottom of the canyon-and its rider missing-Pine is called in to investigate.
- A Minute to Midnight – Atlee and her assistant Carol Blum head back to Atlee’s rural hometown in Georgia to see what they can uncover about the traumatic night Mercy was taken and Pine was almost killed. But soon after Atlee begins her investigation, a local woman is found ritualistically murdered, her face covered with a wedding veil–and the first killing is quickly followed by a second bizarre murder.