Ben Hope has been described as “James Bond meets Jason Bourne, with a historical twist,” which is an explosive combination.
Who is Ben Hope?
Written by British author Scott Mariani, this series of thrillers is about Ben Hope, an ex-SAS Major and former theology student.
Ben Hope is tortured by a tragedy from his past. After years with the SAS, he walked away from the army to pursue a new career. Now, he is using his expertise as a hostage rescue operative to find and bring home kidnapped children, as well as other innocent victims of the evil kidnap and ransom industry.
Ben Hope Book In Order:
I. Prequel novellas
- Passenger 13 – June 2003: the world is still on fire in the aftermath of 9/11. Fresh from the bloody conflict of the Second Gulf War, SAS soldier Ben Hope returns to Britain for some R&R leave, only to find himself embroiled in an intrigue deadlier than anything he’s encountered on the battlefields of Iraq.
- Bring Him Back – Twelve-year-old Carl Hunter has been snatched at gunpoint from his home on Jersey. After weeks, the cops have found nothing. Enter Ben Hope, recently retired from the SAS and now working freelance to rescue kidnapped children.
- The Tunnel – Christmas Eve, 2004. Ben Hope has quit the SAS, but now he’s back in full swing and embarking on a deadly one-man operation in the remote winter wilderness of the Scottish Highlands.
II. The Main Series
- The Alchemist’s Secret – A former élite member of the SAS, Ben Hope is recruited to locate an ancient manuscript which could save a dying child, he embarks on the deadliest quest of his life. The document is alleged to contain the formula for the elixir of life. But it soon becomes apparent that others are hunting this most precious of treasures – for far more evil ends.
- The Mozart Conspiracy – Enlisted by Leigh Llewellyn—the beautiful, world-famous opera star and Ben’s first love—to investigate her brother, Oliver’s, mysterious death, Ben Hope finds himself caught up in a puzzle dating back to the 1700s.
- The Doomsday Prophecy – Searching for missing biblical archaeologist Zoë Bradbury, Ben Hope finds himself embroiled in his riskiest mission yet. What is the ancient secret that Zoë uncovered? And just who is willing to do anything to protect it?
- The Heretic’s Treasure – Ben Hope is living a peaceful life in rural France – until a phone call from an old army comrade. Eminent Egyptologist Morgan Paxton has been brutally murdered while working on the mysterious ‘Akhenaten Project’ in Cairo, and Colonel Harry Paxton wants Ben to find his son’s killer.
- The Shadow Project – Ben Hope is enjoying life at Le Val, the facility in Northern France where he trains others in the dangerous art of hostage rescue, until a chance incident forces him to take on the role of bodyguard to the Swiss billionaire Maximilian Steiner.
- The Lost Relic– Whilst visiting a former SAS comrade in Italy, Ben Hope almost runs over a young boy. Persuaded by the boy’s family to attend a valuable gallery exhibition, Ben is witness to a ruthless attack by a gang of criminals seeking to steal a relatively worthless Goya sketch.
- The Sacred Sword – It’s Christmas, and on a trip back to the UK to try to sort out his stormy personal life, Ben Hope runs into two old friends. Simeon and Michaela were once his fellow students at Oxford – now they are the Reverend and Mrs Arundel.
- The Armada Legacy – Ben Hope is relaxing at his home in Normandy when he hears the worst news of his life. His ex-girlfriend Dr Brooke Marcel has been kidnapped. Racing against the clock, Ben’s frantic search for Brooke leads him from Ireland to the Spanish mountains and the rainforests of Peru.
- The Nemesis Program – While secretly researching the bizarre discoveries of Serbian scientist Nikola Tesla many years earlier, physicist Claudine Pommier becomes the victim of a remorseless and cruel murderer. Ben Hope suddenly finds his life turned upside down by American biologist Dr Roberta Ryder’s sudden arrival in England. She needs his help.
- The Forgotten Holocaust – Ben Hope has wandered back to his old haunt in Ireland. Trouble soon appears when Kirsten Hall, a young journalist, is brutally murdered right in front of him. Unable to prevent it, Ben is driven by guilt to hunt down the killers.
- The Martyr’s Curse – Ben Hope’s wanderings through Europe have led him to a remote medieval monastery in the French Alps. When a team of merciless killers invade his newfound sanctuary and slaughter the innocent monks, Ben’s revenge quest quickly draws him into a bewildering mystery of stolen treasure, deception and murder.
- The Cassandra Sanction – Ben Hope is one of the most celebrated action adventure heroes ever and Scott Mariani is one of the most successful home grown thriller writers of all time.
- Star of Africa – Ben Hope is trained to identify danger. So when he finds out that someone very important to him is working on a US container ship in the treacherous seas off the East African coast, he fears the worst. Within days the ship is hijacked by pirates. Taking matters into his own hands, Ben embarks upon the most daring rescue mission of his career
- The Devil’s Kingdom – General Khosa’s lust for blood is matched only by his lust for power – and he wants to use Ben Hope’s superior military skills to turn his rabble of inexperienced boys into an army of lethal soldiers. If Ben refuses, Khosa will kill the person he loves most.
- The Babylon Idol – When a sniper leaves Ben Hope’s friend fighting for his life, the former SAS major declares war on the men responsible. But what begins as a straightforward revenge mission gets complicated when a mysterious letter reveals Ben to be the real target.
- The Bach Manuscript – While on a business trip to the UK, Ben Hope makes an impulse decision to attend a college reunion at his former university, Oxford. There he meets an old friend, Nick, now an internationally-renowned classical musician.
- The Moscow Cipher – When twelve-year-old Valentina fails to return from a visit to her father in Moscow, alarm bells start ringing. Her rich and powerful family know there’s one man they can depend on to bring her back safe: former SAS major Ben Hope.
- The Rebel’s Revenge – Even when Ben Hope is taking a holiday, trouble seems to find him. What started as a relaxing trip to the Deep South spirals into a nightmare when he’s wrongly accused of a vicious murder and forced to go on the run.
- Valley of Death – People going missing in the remote wilds of India is not unusual. But when the son of a wealthy Delhi businessman is kidnapped just weeks after his brother fell victim to an alleged bandit attack in the mountains of Haryana, it raises eyebrows. With the local police doing close to nothing, there’s only one man for the job: ex-SAS major Ben Hope.